Beatles forums > Polls

MACCA/Wacko/Wonder/Wings

(1/6) > >>

DaveRam:
Such an excellent period  (smoking3)(thumbsdown)(thumbsup)(jumping)

DaveRam:
 " What's That You're Doing ? " gets my vote it's nice and funky . (rainbow4)

Geoff:
Yep. "What's That You're Doing."  (teeth1)

Which reminds me...

wDZFf0pm0SE

DaveRam:
I think these collaberations although not the greatest artistic achievement of Paul's career , show he was a savvy mover .
Wings are coming to an end Paul offers Wacko a nice little song  " Girlfriend " which he records and put's on " Off The Wall " , this album launch's Jackson into the stratosphere .
 Paul then ropes in Stevie Wonder to duet on the mega selling " Ebony And Ivory " the lead off single from Paul's very successful " Tug Of War " album   . Paul then pops up on "The Girl Is Mine " which is another hit and a track on the biggest selling album of all time " Thriller " , a few months later Paul and Wacko are at it again with the massive selling " Say Say Say " which as Paul and Wacko hamming it up in a great little music video .
Paul shows for the second time in his solo career that he can reinvent himself to a new generation . And although these songs are not brilliant , Paul did have his finger firmly on the pop pulse of the time  ?

Then it all ended in tears as Wacko Walked off with The Beatles songs  (scream2)(scream3)(scream2)(jumping)

Geoff:

--- Quote from: 971 ---And although these songs are not brilliant , Paul did have his finger firmly on the pop pulse of the time  ?
--- End quote ---

He certainly got hits with these, but I wonder if they didn't damage his career in the long run too; after "Ebony and Ivory," "The Girl Is Mine," Pipes Of Peace, and Give My Regards To Broad Street I gave up listening to his new records altogether for about five years until Flowers In The Dirt came out. That's just me, of course, but I wonder how many others also drew the conclusion that he'd gone off the rails for good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version