Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

The Who

<< < (2/18) > >>

Mr. Mustard:
Okay, I'm assuming you mean McCullough.  Didn't notice what you name was.  Sorry!

And Sandra, the quote from Jack Black ("The Beatles never sang a song called "Bea-tles! Bea-tles!") -- is that a reference to "Who are You?"  And when did he say it?  In a movie, or was he on the VH1 show?

Sondra:

--- Quote from: 1333 ---Okay, I'm assuming you mean McCullough.  Didn't notice what you name was.  Sorry!

And Sandra, the quote from Jack Black ("The Beatles never sang a song called "Bea-tles! Bea-tles!") -- is that a reference to "Who are You?"  And when did he say it?  In a movie, or was he on the VH1 show?
--- End quote ---

Yeah, he was referring to Who Are You?. It was from the intro when they had a bunch of famous people talk about why the Who are great. It was interesting seeing what Billy Idol looks like these days. Took me a minute to recognize him!

Roger's voice is still pretty good too, but man, Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam BLEW the audience away. That guy has an amazing voice.

I still think it's odd that they tour under the name The Who with just the two of them, but Roger actually explained it in a nice way.

DaveRam:
I love "Won't Get Fooled Again " , i share my Birthday with Roger (thumbsup)

Sondra:
Does anyone really think they somehow started punk? I'm not sure about that one, but I get the arguments.

Sondra:
I'm making this a sticky. Not because I started it, but because I think the Who deserves to be stickied. I mean if MUSE is a sticky! Well you get my point. I also merged the two Doors threads. If there are other Who threads, I'll gladly merge them. I just didn't see another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version