What was the last Beatles Item you bought?

Started by Euan Buchan, Aug 14, 2008, 04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

I finally bought "Help!" on DVD to replace my fuzzy VHS tape. ;)

Oh Pineapple

I bought a 3-piece DVD set called 'Looking back on The Beatles 1940-Present"
Such a great buy!
There's some footage I've never seen so it was awesome.
The DVD ran for over three hours, so that was also sweet.
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

fan numero uno

hey, Piney! is it just me, or has it been forever since i seen you 'round?

as for my Beatles item, i got an Abbey Road shirt today! im so excited! i cant wait to wear it to school next week!
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

Quote from: 1300hey, Piney! is it just me, or has it been forever since i seen you 'round?
No its me as well

Quote from: 1300as for my Beatles item, i got an Abbey Road shirt today! im so excited! i cant wait to wear it to school next week!
Boy, when I was your age (makes me sound old eh? im not though) we werent allowed to wear those stuff, had to only wear school uniform. Hate the bloody school uniform.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Andy Smith

Quote from: 1464I bought a 3-piece DVD set called 'Looking back on The Beatles 1940-Present"
Such a great buy!
The DVD ran for over three hours, so that was also sweet.

Not heard of that one before.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Penny Lane

Quote from: 1464I bought a 3-piece DVD set called 'Looking back on The Beatles 1940-Present"
Such a great buy!

Can you tell us if a lot of the footage has been featured in the "Anthology" series as well?

Okay...my last purchase...  "The McCartney Years" DVD set!  (I know this is technically solo stuff, but it's still sort of a Beatles item, isn't it?)  And this happened just the day after I bought "Help!" on DVD...  Yeah, I'm a Fab Four addict for sure.   :P

HeyJude18

Quote from: 1620
"The McCartney Years" DVD set!  (I know this is technically solo stuff, but it's still sort of a Beatles item, isn't it?)

It's a great set though!!  I got it for Christmas last year and I love it :)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Andy Smith

well i suppose the last beatles item i bought was the All Together Now dvd and i really love it!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

duane v

I purchased these for my John Lennon costume this Halloween..... My wife thinks I just absolutely BONKERS!!! ;D

Penny Lane

^  Those are really cool items!

And if your wife thinks you're bonkers, don't worry--I have a Paul slide show running as my computer wallpaper, so my husband must think I'm totally crazy too.

Have fun being John Lennon for Halloween!  And tell us how it went!

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

That is absoloutely cool, Duane! Very nice indeed!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Euan Buchan

Yesterday I ordered The Beatles in Scotland book

Joe

Three books arrived from Amazon this week - the first was All We Are Saying by David Sheff, which is the full transcripts from the Playboy interviews with John and Yoko from 1980.

The next day Lennon Remembers arrived - the Jann Wenner 'primal scream' interview from 1970 (which I previously had an edited version of), and yesterday I got The Beatles' London, which is an exhaustive guide to places visited by The Beatles (a typical entry goes something like: "On the corner was Gino's fish bar, now a branch of Foot Locker, which George Harrison visited one evening in 1965 following a party at the Bag O'Nails."). Mark Lewisohn co-wrote it, so it's naturally dependable.

Euan - let us know what the Beatles in Scotland is like. There are similarly-themed books for Ireland and Wales. On a similar theme, does anyone know of a good book about the Beatles' Hamburg? I'm probably going there next summer - a trip to St Pauli/Beatle-Platz is definitely on the agenda.
http://www.beatlesbible.com - come and say hi, and PM me any suggestions. It's a work in progress but you'll get the idea...

Euan Buchan

Yesterday I bought this really huge book called The Beatles Images Of An Iconic Band and today I found a DVD of The Beatles Cartoons, and a John Lennon Pin Badge.

fan numero uno

where did you find the cartoon DVD? i was looking for one a while ago, i kinda have given up...
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic