A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: HeyJude18's box...  (Read 16479 times)

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
Re: HeyJude18's box...
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2009, 03:02:27 AM »

Don't blame you, it's a catchy song :)

Haha, yeah I was just a *little* drunk ;)

I'm not on my break anymore Octie, we started classes back today.  New term now, now I'm taking genetics, cell bio, bio stats and something about designing biological experiments.  I take it you're still on break?  You guys looked really cute in that pic that you (I can't remember who it was now) posted!

Question for everyone now - did you make any new years resolutions????

PS: WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  5th in a row Canadian World Jr. (Hockey) Gold Medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (15th they just said for Canada since the start of this championship)  And hockey players DEFINATELY cannot sing (then again, what can I say, I only know the national anthem in French)!!!  Some damn good looking ones though!

ex: He's hot, and (is going to) play for the right team!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2009, 05:13:24 AM »

I'VE BEEN FEATURED!!!!!  One of my photos is on http://www.uwo.ca.  It's about half way down on the right side, I'm so excited about it!!  It's on there for the week :)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2009, 08:34:51 AM »

^  Is the petri dish photo yours?  Congrats! :)

pc31

• Special Member
  • Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »

congrats you are on your way...

Swine

• A Beginning
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2009, 12:09:42 PM »

Quote from: 1447
I'm a PC girl through and through!!!

dont tell him
[size=18]LIFE IS GETTING WORSE[/size]

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »

Quote from: 1620
^  Is the petri dish photo yours?  Congrats! :)

yep it is!

Thanks pc!!  I'm so excited about it!

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2009, 12:40:59 PM »

Hey everyone,
Just have a quick question, I'm looking into going to teachers college after I finish my undergrad here and I was looking it up last night, I can go to Australia, New Zealand, England or Wales and still have my degree valid in Canada.  So I've been thinking about England and the choices of universities are: the University of Exeter or the University of Hertfordshire.  I was just wondering if either of them had any sort of reputation (good or bad), generally speaking, what have you heard about them?  Thanks guys :)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2009, 11:11:27 PM »

I too young to know about different colleges, sorry.  :-/

Saw this on the news just now, you used to have these comics?

THIS AUGUST, PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE ARCHIE STORY YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D SEE, AS ARCHIE PROPOSES TO VERONICA!
The eternal love triangle is the cornerstone of Archie Comics for over 65 years--and the bane of Archie Andrews' existence!  In fact, over the years it has not only defined the Betty/Archie/Veronica relationship, but has even threatened to dismantle it a time or 20.

Never was this more evident than in the landmark "Love Showdown" storyline from 1994 and '95.  When Archie Comics announced that Archie Andrews may finally choose between Betty & Veronica once and for all, the response from the media, fans and retailers alike was unprecedented--and with good reason!  The landmark "Love Showdown" storyline threatened the certainty of the love triangle and all it stood for, nearly bringing an end to the friendships of all three characters as Archie chose old flame Cheryl Blossom at story's end!

Readers had nothing to fear, as ultimately Cheryl wore out her welcome in Riverdale.  While she's been an occasional presence (and to Betty and Veronica, an occasional nuisance) in the last 15 years, life has returned to normal for Archie and his friends.  And that includes his seemingly never-ending inability to choose between Betty and Veronica, no matter how many times he takes them out.

Without question, the "Love Showdown" was the most talked-about, most publicized and most popular Archie Comics story ever... until now!  The past 15 years' worth of love triangle status quo really could be facing extinction in a story that will rock the world of everyone in Riverdale and be sure to keep people talking for months on end!

In fact, we'll even go so far as to call it the Archie Story of the Century.  With a title like   "Archie Marries Veronica Part 1: The Proposal," how could we call it anything else?!

Could it be true?  Has Archie finally decided to take the plunge and propose to comics' favorite rich girl?  It sure looks that way!  Earlier this year readers got a chance to relive "Freshman Year" with the famous teens of Riverdale High.  Now make way for this special story that takes a look at Archie and his friends after they graduate college!  What careers will they seek?  Will the friends stay in Riverdale or disperse?  What would lead Archie to have marriage on his mind?  And why would he choose Veronica over Betty?  How will Betty react?  Can Archie shake off his klutzy past and hold down a steady job... for more than a month?  Two things are certain: with the Lodges as hosts, this will be the biggest wedding Riverdale has ever seen... and the biggest Archie Comics story since the famous "Love Showdown!"

Acclaimed superhero movie producer Michael Uslan draws upon his lifelong love of Archie comic books to write this very special tale, rendered by legendary Archie Comics artist Stan Goldberg!  The Archie story of the century begins here... don't miss it!  
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2009, 11:26:27 PM »

WHA WHAT?!?!  He can't marry Veronica!!!!!  (I've always been a Betty fan myself).  I think I might have to pick it up then!  Really who could miss the quite possible proposal that has been... what'd they say now... 65 years in the making!  Thanks for that Mrs Lennon!!!

And I always thought you were older than me Mrs Lennon (I'm turning 20 in a couple of months)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2009, 12:09:15 AM »

Hmmm. I've never read an Archie comic. What's it about besides the Archie/Betty/Veronica thing?

Lol, older than you...what gave you that idea? I'm one
of the 'baby members' on the forums. It's kind of embarrassing, really.
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2009, 01:13:05 AM »

It's basically about a group of teenagers living through the trials and tribulations of high school, their parents, hanging out at their equivalent to the 90210 Peach Pit...  it seems fairly frivolous now but damn I was addicted to them back in the day!

When you said about not knowing about different colleges, that's why I thought you might have been one of the youngins.  I thought you were around here for a little longer than I...

pc31

• Special Member
  • Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2009, 03:44:50 AM »

pops chocolate shoppe is where they hung out....they had a band too...and they charted,,.. ;D

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2009, 11:51:52 AM »

Hey everyone,
Just have a quick question, I'm looking into going to teachers college after I finish my undergrad here and I was looking it up last night, I can go to Australia, New Zealand, England or Wales and still have my degree valid in Canada.  So I've been thinking about England and the choices of universities are: the University of Exeter or the University of Hertfordshire.  I was just wondering if either of them had any sort of reputation (good or bad), generally speaking, what have you heard about them?  Thanks guys :)

Have you decided? So you want to have two degrees, is that it? I suppose England will be the best choice since it has a more global reputation as it were (I mean, NZ is so insignificant compare to England, no offence to NZ), and well England has so much to offer (Beatle-wise!).

But if you are considering NZ, i do know that the Teacher's College of Victoria Univeristy is in my suburb. We can be neighbours!  ;D

And I always thought you were older than me Mrs Lennon
Likewise. I thought Mrs Lennon is married at one time  :B

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »

Quote from: 284
pops chocolate shoppe is where they hung out....they had a band too...and they charted,,.. ;D

that's it!  Thanks PC!

Quote from: 596
Have you decided? So you want to have two degrees, is that it? I suppose England will be the best choice since it has a more global reputation as it were (I mean, NZ is so insignificant compare to England, no offence to NZ), and well England has so much to offer (Beatle-wise!).

I'm still leaning towards England, although it'll be crazy expensive.  The best way that I've come up with explaining why I want to go there is because England's amazing and it'll get me a teaching degree too.  No offense to any other country where I could go.  I'm not sure if I could deal with the switching hemispheres going to NZ! lol

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2009, 02:43:37 AM »

Time to pick your brains again!

As some of you may know (aka JMF and Penny Lane) I'm going to try and take pictures for all of the Beatles songs.  I was wondering if any of you guys have any ideas for photos?  Also should I include "Beatles" songs that only appeared on the Anthologies but then on solo albums (aka All Things Must Pass, Junk, etc.)?

Thanks guys!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2009, 03:33:09 AM »

At one point I also thought Mrs. Lennon was older.  She sounds mature for her age, perhaps?   ;)

Good luck on your Beatle pic project.  I don't know if I'll be much help because I have no serious photo skills, and I'm so lame that I'd interpret lots of their songs too literally.  I would also like to see your idea for "Lucy in the Sky"...that should be one trippy photo!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2009, 03:35:20 AM »

WHA WHAT?!?!  He can't marry Veronica!!!!!  (I've always been a Betty fan myself).
It looks like Archie co-opted and went for the money.  He's a fool.  He deserves what he'll get.

Betty deserves the best and she'll do just fine.

Just my $.02

I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2009, 03:43:55 AM »

Time to pick your brains again!

As some of you may know (aka JMF and Penny Lane) I'm going to try and take pictures for all of the Beatles songs.  I was wondering if any of you guys have any ideas for photos?  Also should I include "Beatles" songs that only appeared on the Anthologies but then on solo albums (aka All Things Must Pass, Junk, etc.)?

Thanks guys!
That will be a major endeavor even if you stick to just The Beatles albums.  Anyway, what will make it all special would be to use your own imagination.  None-the-less, I'm sure you'll find the forum members helpful.
I can stay till it's time to go

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2009, 03:52:27 AM »

Quote from: 59
That will be a major endeavor even if you stick to just The Beatles albums.  Anyway, what will make it all special would be to use your own imagination.  None-the-less, I'm sure you'll find the forum members helpful.

I'm planning on just doing the albums, anthologies and Live at the BBC.

Quote from: 59
It looks like Archie co-opted and went for the money.  He's a fool.  He deserves what he'll get.

Exactly!  In another few years we'll be talking about the divorce of Archie and Veronica lol.

Quote from: 1620
Good luck on your Beatle pic project.  I don't know if I'll be much help because I have no serious photo skills, and I'm so lame that I'd interpret lots of their songs too literally.  I would also like to see your idea for "Lucy in the Sky"...that should be one trippy photo!

I'm not the best photographer either, I'm sure you've seen some of my pictures!  I have some ideas for Lucy, not completely sure yet, I have to play with some settings on my camera lol!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »

Hey Jude, why not go to the USA to study? It`s closer and very good higher education.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Page created in 0.673 seconds with 26 queries.