A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: HeyJude18's box...  (Read 17791 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: HeyJude18's box...
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2009, 10:05:44 PM »

Dude, I still read Archie comics! They're awesome. I used to have a ton of them from the '60s and '70s, but my dad threw them away. Damn him. I do have a box of digests that I read though.

Archie should marry Veronica for her money. Personally I've always thought that Betty and Jughead should get together.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Hey Jude, why not go to the USA to study? It`s closer and very good higher education.

I actually did want to apply to New York University for my undergrad, however I don't think that I could really deal with the US culture all the time.  I know that sounds weird coming from a Canadian but there's just somethings that are so different...  Food tastes different (I've really noticed it with the vanilla syrup used in the Starbucks lattes, and in McDonald's food - it just tastes greaser to me :-/ ), health care seems almost backwards to what I'm used to in Canada, and for some reason, lots of Americans that I've come into contact with (specifically ones that only live like an hour away from the boarder!) seem to think Canada's some barren wasteland of snow and ice.

So what would make me chose England over the US?  I've always wanted to travel outside of North America for one thing, and England seems like the natural choice for me (given England is basically the Holy Land for me lol!  And two of my maternal great-grandmothers are from England (one from Liverpool and I believe the other was from Blackpool)).  Although things are much more expensive in England I think that I would much rather go there than to some place in the US.  [size=9]I also kinda want an ocean between me and my family!  Can't stand them lately!!![/size]

Quote from: 218
I used to have a ton of them from the '60s and '70s, but my dad threw them away. Damn him. I do have a box of digests that I read though.

Damn, that could have pulled in some money if you sold them on kijiji or something lol!  I commend you for keeping onto a box of them though lol!  I just recently took mine to my parent's church yard sale, I didn't even think of selling them myself!

Personally I've always thought that Betty and Jughead should get together.

I never thought of that one when I was younger... that would be a pretty cute pairing though!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2009, 12:10:50 AM »

Quote from: 1447
So what would make me chose England over the US?  I've always wanted to travel outside of North America for one thing, and England seems like the natural choice for me (given England is basically the Holy Land for me lol!  And two of my maternal great-grandmothers are from England (one from Liverpool and I believe the other was from Blackpool)).  Although things are much more expensive in England I think that I would much rather go there than to some place in the US.  [size=9]I also kinda want an ocean between me and my family!  Can't stand them lately!!![/size]

I think you woud like England. It seems like the natural place for Beatlefreaks to go. Don't forget Scotland, though- I've been there twice and loved it!

BTW, I can relate with you on the whole family issue. I actually can't wait for summer vacation to be over.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2009, 01:23:32 AM »

I think you woud like England. It seems like the natural place for Beatlefreaks to go. Don't forget Scotland, though- I've been there twice and loved it!

BTW, I can relate with you on the whole family issue. I actually can't wait for summer vacation to be over.

I'm actually sad that I haven't been to England!  I'm just completely jealous of you Mairi!  Been to Scotland, don't go to university where you live!!!  Wanna trade lives (before the Macca concert lol!)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2009, 01:58:45 AM »

Haha, well, my life isn't perfect, but the Macca concert makes up for it, if only a tiny bit.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2009, 02:02:25 AM »

Aw!  I'm sure you'll have a great time at the concert!!!  You better take pictures... Ask Penny Lane about the wall posts until she put em up lol!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2009, 02:35:44 PM »

Judy, your reasons for not wanting to go to study in the USA are so funny! The milk is different! They think that Canada is barren land! Well, they also think that it is always cold in Russia and bears walk the streets.  ;D
I liked your message in small print! Yes, when you are a student it is better to be far from your parents and relatives. Actually, as far as possible. When I was a student my parents were very far, which was great. In fact they were in Sweden, and stayed there for 5 years, for the whole period of my bachelor`s degree. So I understand you pretty well. !!!  

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »

lol!  Hey, I wouldn't mind going to Russia... maybe if I understood the language a little.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »

This would be one of the farthest places for you to go to! But better come here as a tourist.  :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:20 PM »

Aw!  I'm sure you'll have a great time at the concert!!!  You better take pictures... Ask Penny Lane about the wall posts until she put em up lol!

Aww, so I take it that you won't be able to go to the Halifax concert?  :(

Mairi, I hope you wind up having the best time!  Pictures and a report are a must!

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »

This would be one of the farthest places for you to go to! But better come here as a tourist.  :)

Oh I would love to a million times over!!!  Russia looks like such a beautiful country.

Quote from: 1620
Aww, so I take it that you won't be able to go to the Halifax concert?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in the cards :(  I probably won't be able to get tickets, or get there for a decent price and my manager promised me 25-40 hours a week so I can't skip out on that

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2009, 02:20:23 AM »

This would be one of the farthest places for you to go to!
And NZ will be another one... But then, if you come to study in NZ, you'll get to meet KE and me.... oh oops, I didn't mean to put you off ;D

A few years ago I was thinking of applying for a scholarship to study in England, but I didn't like the idea of being that far away from my family (so I suppose I'm the opposite to you and Jane, haha...). But England sounds like an great place to study (and not just to study.... as Mairi said, best place for us Beatlefreaks ;) )

How's the photography project going?
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2009, 03:49:27 AM »

Quote from: 610
And NZ will be another one... But then, if you come to study in NZ, you'll get to meet KE and me.... oh oops, I didn't mean to put you off ;D

A few years ago I was thinking of applying for a scholarship to study in England, but I didn't like the idea of being that far away from my family (so I suppose I'm the opposite to you and Jane, haha...). But England sounds like an great place to study (and not just to study.... as Mairi said, best place for us Beatlefreaks ;) )

How's the photography project going?

There are spots in NZ too... I can't remember what universities though.

And the photography project... well it's a collection of ideas more than anything at the moment.  LOL, not getting too good of a start on it.  I think I might need some motivation (note to self: put ALL Beatles albums on laptop lol)

Speaking of photography, I have gotten an offer from the university that I am currently attending, they are thinking about using some of my pictures for course calenders and such.  I emailed the contact that they gave me, I have yet to hear back from her so *fingers crossed* hopefully this all works out!!!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2009, 07:27:39 PM »

Oh, no! The farther from the parents the better! At some point they start to annoy you. Hey Jude is absolutely right! More private space, please!  ;)

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2009, 03:46:35 AM »

^ LOL can't wait for the day when I can do that!

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2009, 07:55:30 AM »

There are spots in NZ too... I can't remember what universities though.
You should come to our uni, it's called Victoooooria (*sings Kinks* ;D )

Speaking of photography, I have gotten an offer from the university that I am currently attending, they are thinking about using some of my pictures for course calenders and such.  I emailed the contact that they gave me, I have yet to hear back from her so *fingers crossed* hopefully this all works out!!!
Oh wow, Hey Jude - are you a photography artist then, as well as a scientist? So talented! 8)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »

So cool! Can we have a preview?

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2009, 09:25:26 AM »

Oh, no! The farther from the parents the better! At some point they start to annoy you. Hey Jude is absolutely right! More private space, please!  ;)

I had similar feelings while growing up...  Sometimes it was so hard for me to be with my parents.  Now that we have some space between us, I think it is easier for us to get along.  However, I think it is cool that some people are so close with their families that they don't want to leave them.  That's very touching.

pc31

• Special Member
  • Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »

wow interesting reading...you girls have great conversations...just make sure where ever you end up it is where YOU want to be.....do you want to wind up at some place where you can also become a social butterfly as well as an accredited graduate?? florida has 4 or 5 good universities...miami,gainesviile and tallahassee are the largest...the are probally mediocre schools tho...i don't know why i chose not to go to college...there seemed to be so much more going on outside school....i do enjoy university girls tho.. ;) esp at the beach  ;D
just think long and hard about your situation...damn that sounded like an enuendo...it wasn't meant to be tho...
you will meet more people during your education than you will the whole rest of your life usually,i only realized this after the fact of course....the young me would have looked for a party type school but that would have took away from education...i wanted to go to college for the wrong reasons it seemed so i opted out...
jane you mean bears no longer walk the streets of st petersburg???? the concept of other countries people have are from pictures they see while growing up all we ever saw of russia here was dancing bears and revolution....so unless we went and furthered things,what we know becomes the definition.......i figure most places are the same where ever you go.quality of people differs tho...so choose wisely...one thing for sure where ever you go make sure there is a nice beach... ;)

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »

You should come to our uni, it's called Victoooooria (*sings Kinks* ;D )

lol, that would be fun!

Oh wow, Hey Jude - are you a photography artist then, as well as a scientist? So talented! 8)

not a very good photographer or scientist lol!

Quote from: 596
So cool! Can we have a preview?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vitvit18/ - that's where I post only my favourites... and those that I'm posting here or on other boards

Quote from: 1620
I had similar feelings while growing up...  Sometimes it was so hard for me to be with my parents.  Now that we have some space between us, I think it is easier for us to get along.  However, I think it is cool that some people are so close with their families that they don't want to leave them.  That's very touching.

Just out of curiosity, how much space is between?  I just have never moved out, out of convince - I have a car at my disposal, all my bills are paid (except for skating coach and cell phone), the list goes on.

Quote from: 284
wow interesting reading...you girls have great conversations...just make sure where ever you end up it is where YOU want to be.....do you want to wind up at some place where you can also become a social butterfly as well as an accredited graduate?? florida has 4 or 5 good universities...miami,gainesviile and tallahassee are the largest...the are probally mediocre schools tho...i don't know why i chose not to go to college...there seemed to be so much more going on outside school....i do enjoy university girls tho..  esp at the beach  
just think long and hard about your situation...damn that sounded like an enuendo...it wasn't meant to be tho...
you will meet more people during your education than you will the whole rest of your life usually,i only realized this after the fact of course....the young me would have looked for a party type school but that would have took away from education...i wanted to go to college for the wrong reasons it seemed so i opted out. ...

I can always count on you for the good advice there PC!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Page created in 1.274 seconds with 26 queries.