Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

The Beach Boys

<< < (157/163) > >>

Dcazz:
WOW!, You weren't kidding how you like the BB's. Very Impressive!

Ovi:

--- Quote from: Joost on January 03, 2013, 08:48:53 PM ---I present to you... My Beach Boys collection. :)

--- End quote ---

Wow, that's quite stunning. Mike Love ought to be proud for having a fan that bought not only his solo album, but one of his singles as well!

Few questions though, regarding some items :

What is/are that/those...
1) LP placed on the right of L.A. (Light Album) (another copy of L.A. ?)
2) Pink 7" single (or EP) placed near the 'Kokomo' single?
3) Last item from the "7" Singles and EPs" section?
4) Last 4 CDs from the penultimate row? (the last two look like some kind of Pet Sounds parodies)

And last, what do the 'Lucky Old Sun' book and DVD contain?

Joost:

--- Quote from: Ovi on January 04, 2013, 11:19:43 AM ---Wow, that's quite stunning. Mike Love ought to be proud for having a fan that bought not only his solo album, but one of his singles as well!

Few questions though, regarding some items :

What is/are that/those...
1) LP placed on the right of L.A. (Light Album) (another copy of L.A. ?)
2) Pink 7" single (or EP) placed near the 'Kokomo' single?
3) Last item from the "7" Singles and EPs" section?
4) Last 4 CDs from the penultimate row? (the last two look like some kind of Pet Sounds parodies)

And last, what do the 'Lucky Old Sun' book and DVD contain?

--- End quote ---

I actually have two (identical) copies of that Mike Love single... :)

1. Indeed another copy of LA. It's a picture disc.
2. A 1988 version of 'Don't Worry, Baby' by The Everly Brothers with The Beach Boys.
3. Brian Wilson's 'Midnight's Another Day' single. Only released as a promo.
4. Tribute albums: 'Add Some Music to Your Day', 'Caroline Now!', 'Do It Again: A Tribute to Pet Sounds' and 'The String Quartet Tribute to The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds'.

The Lucky Old Sun DVD is pretty cool. It contains a live performance of the full album, a feature length documentary, track by track commentary, a shorter documentary about the making of the album and some additional interviews and live footage. The book is just a concert program.

Music54:
I am a fan of The Beach Boys. In fact, once I had this creepy dream that Brian Wilson kissed me.  ???  :-[ At least it was an early 60's Brian Wilson and not a 2013 Brian Wilson.

Hello Goodbye:
Nice collection, Joost!!

A Beatles fan plays a pretty Beach Boys song...

The Beach Boys - I Can Hear Music - 45 RPM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version