A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?  (Read 1457 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DaveRam

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2894
Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« on: December 13, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »

Here's Part Three , mostly lesser McCartney Hit Singles , but still showing his hit making ability , i think some of these are better than the big hits ???
Logged

BlueMeanie

  • Guest
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »

I think this is my favourite list of the three.
Logged

Geoff

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2133
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 02:42:39 PM »

Tough choice between "Letting Go" and "Back Seat Of My Car." Some of Paul's follow up singles are better than his lead off ones, probably because the latter are usually more calculatedly aimed at getting airplay. I also like the straight ahead noise of "Getting Closer."  :)


Heh. The forum software choked on my first version of this. I didn't think it was that bad (not that it was much good, either).
Logged

DaveRam

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2894
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

Quote from: 483
I think this is my favourite list of the three.

Agree Paul , there are a lot of good songs here .

Logged

tkitna

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6933
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 04:09:13 PM »

'Getting Closer' barely over 'Old Siam,Sir'. Not a bad song on this list in my opinion.

BlueMeanie

  • Guest
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 04:10:31 PM »

Back Seat Of My Car.
Logged

fendertele

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 1960
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 11:53:12 PM »

fine line
Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »

I probably won't be able to vote for a favorite this time...I just can't choose from this list.  There are lots of great McCartney songs here, especially:

This One
Fine Line
Jenny Wren
Young Boy
Beautiful Night
Dance Tonight

Maybe "This One" will win my vote...
Logged

Andy Smith

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4597
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 09:17:57 PM »

i went with Fine Line, excellant single material and it was a great single choice in such a long time.
Young Boy is another good single choice.  :)
Logged


          Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

maccafan

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 186
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 01:51:05 AM »

On this list it's Getting Closer for me!

It's another song that McCartney should be performing live!
Logged

Hello Goodbye

  • Global Moderator
  • Sun King
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11118
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 02:04:15 AM »

Yes, pretty good Paul songs in this list indeed!  I voted for Jenny Wren.
Logged
I can stay till it's time to go

BlueMeanie

  • Guest
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 08:15:15 AM »

Quote from: 1580
On this list it's Getting Closer for me!

It's another song that McCartney should be performing live!


Do you ever discuss anything else?

That's 4 times on 4 different threads May I point you in the direction of the very thread that you set up to discuss that in?

http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1221427542/
Logged

maccafan

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 186
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »

Bluemeanie what's the problem?

I'm sharing my picks and I think certain songs are very good candidates to be performed live, so I state that opinion.

I don't point out the millions of times that people have said how bad certain McCartney songs or albums are, and believe me it has been millions of times!

Look at how many polls Daveram has started, I don't have a problem with it, but are you going to question him for repeating so many polls?

Let me say please don't because I think they're great.
Logged

jjs

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 06:25:14 PM »

Quote from: 1580
Bluemeanie what's the problem?

I'm sharing my picks and I think certain songs are very good candidates to be performed live, so I state that opinion.

I don't point out the millions of times that people have said how bad certain McCartney songs or albums are, and believe me it has been millions of times!

Look at how many polls Daveram has started, I don't have a problem with it, but are you going to question him for repeating so many polls?

Let me say please don't because I think they're great.

Every thread in which Maccafan is involved progresses exactly the same way:

Swoon, gush, swooooooon. Why is everyone always bashing <me or Paul>?

Gush gussssssssshhhh swooon. Why are you picking on <me or my "opinion">? I don't point out when <some person> does <some thing>

(Yet she does every time)  ;D

Swoon, swoon, swooooooon, gush gush gusssssssh. Are you going to question others when they <fill in the blank>

(Why does this person wind up on the defensive in every thread?)

Gush gush gusssssssh..... swoooooon. Why doesn't anyone take <me or Paul> seriously? Is it because <I'm an 'African-American' or because he's an ex-Beatle>?

It's getting old.
Logged

Sondra

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6968
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 07:11:58 PM »

Quote from: 1428

Every thread in which Maccafan is involved progresses exactly the same way:

Swoon, gush, swooooooon. Why is everyone always bashing <me or Paul>?

Gush gussssssssshhhh swooon. Why are you picking on <me or my "opinion">? I don't point out when <some person> does <some thing>

(Yet she does every time)  ;D

Swoon, swoon, swooooooon, gush gush gusssssssh. Are you going to question others when they <fill in the blank>

(Why does this person wind up on the defensive in every thread?)

Gush gush gusssssssh..... swoooooon. Why doesn't anyone take <me or Paul> seriously? Is it because <I'm an 'African-American' or because he's an ex-Beatle>?

It's getting old.

In a public forum, especially this one, people are free to express themselves anyway they choose as long as there are no personal attacks. If you're not pleased with how a certain member posts, there's always the option of clicking the ignore button.
Logged

BlueMeanie

  • Guest
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 02:14:53 AM »

Quote from: 1580
Bluemeanie what's the problem?

I'm sharing my picks and I think certain songs are very good candidates to be performed live, so I state that opinion.

I don't point out the millions of times that people have said how bad certain McCartney songs or albums are, and believe me it has been millions of times!

Look at how many polls Daveram has started, I don't have a problem with it, but are you going to question him for repeating so many polls?

Let me say please don't because I think they're great.


Once again:

Quote from: 483
That's 4 times on 4 different threads May I point you in the direction of the very thread that you set up to discuss that in?

http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1221427542/



You have a thread for discussing McCartney live, please stop bringing that subject into every other thread you partake in.

And your point about DaveRam's polls is what?

Quote from: 216

In a public forum, especially this one, people are free to express themselves anyway they choose as long as there are no personal attacks. If you're not pleased with how a certain member posts, there's always the option of clicking the ignore button.


Sorry Sondra, but jjs has a point here. I have asked Maccafan to tone down his constant postings about McCartney's live work before, and even suggested starting a thread for it. The solution should not always be to click the ignore button.
Logged

Sondra

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6968
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 05:17:47 AM »

Quote from: 483

Once again:




You have a thread for discussing McCartney live, please stop bringing that subject into every other thread you partake in.

And your point about DaveRam's polls is what?



Sorry Sondra, but jjs has a point here. I have asked Maccafan to tone down his constant postings about McCartney's live work before, and even suggested starting a thread for it. The solution should not always be to click the ignore button.

He may have had a point, but it's how it was expressed that I found fault with. But I will defer to the higher powers on this one.
Logged

BlueMeanie

  • Guest
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 09:29:44 AM »

Quote from: 216

He may have had a point, but it's how it was expressed that I found fault with. But I will defer to the higher powers on this one.

You are right, sorry to tread on your toes. ;)

JJS, I think you are also right, but maybe a little more sublety next time.

Now, on with the show!
Logged

maccafan

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 186
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »

My point is why should I have to tone down my opinion on McCartney performing live, I mean am I offending someone, have  I said anything wrong, have I broken any rules?

As long as a person is sharing their opinion and isn't offending or attacking someone, what's the problem with being consistent in your opinion?
Logged

jjs

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Hit Single Part Three ?
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 01:09:17 AM »

Quote from: 216

He may have had a point, but it's how it was expressed that I found fault with. But I will defer to the higher powers on this one.

JJS is very sorry, and will try to be a little more subtle next time.  :X
Logged
Pages: [1] 2
 

Page created in 0.563 seconds with 26 queries.