Solo forums > George Harrison

Got My Mind Set On You

(1/15) > >>

beatlemaniac:
I love George...and I am not George bashing...but if you have seen the video for "Got My Mind Set On You" you know that this is the funniest video ever in the worst and saddest possible way. First of all, is this really the BEST they could come up with? You know this wasn't George's idea...."Let's sit in a room and have literally every inch of the room bob up and down, SORT of in tune with the music. Oh yeah...and a squirrel playing the saxophone. A squirrel doesn't belong in a study? Really? Oh well. Let's do it anyway."

The whole video, George looks totally PO'd. To which my mom says "No, that's just how George looks" but I think he looks even more annoyed than usual. Then...there comes the bridge. When suddenly, for no reason, "George" cleverly disguised as a stunt double who looks nothing like him hops out of his chair and begins to do strange acrobatic dancing around the study. As the bridge ends, "George" hops back into the chair - cut to the worst piece of editing ever done - even for the 80's. :)

You be the judge yourself. :)

-_niy2ZM5Jo  

fendertele:

--- Quote from: 1801 ---I love George...and I am not George bashing...but if you have seen the video for "Got My Mind Set On You" you know that this is the funniest video ever in the worst and saddest possible way. First of all, is this really the BEST they could come up with? You know this wasn't George's idea...."Let's sit in a room and have literally every inch of the room bob up and down, SORT of in tune with the music. Oh yeah...and a squirrel playing the saxophone. A squirrel doesn't belong in a study? Really? Oh well. Let's do it anyway."

The whole video, George looks totally PO'd. To which my mom says "No, that's just how George looks" but I think he looks even more annoyed than usual. Then...there comes the bridge. When suddenly, for no reason, "George" cleverly disguised as a stunt double who looks nothing like him hops out of his chair and begins to do strange acrobatic dancing around the study. As the bridge ends, "George" hops back into the chair - cut to the worst piece of editing ever done - even for the 80's. :)

You be the judge yourself. :)

-_niy2ZM5Jo  

--- End quote ---

Brilliant vid and brilliant song Georges best imo

always reminds me of the winegums adverts in the uk

B-xG3D8OMQk

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: 758 ---Brilliant vid and brilliant song Georges best imo

--- End quote ---
I agree.  I always liked this video.  The room coming to life is brilliant surrealism....and kind of trippy.  I think George liked the video.  I don't think he looks p*ssed off at all, just typically "Quiet George" which is nicely offset by the sudden acrobatic dancing.

Sometimes during the winter, critters get into the house.  I had a raccoon get into the den once through the chimney.  Field mice and chipmunks get in too, on occasion.  I had to chase the raccoon out of the house.  The mice and chipmunks find their own way out (and in) but I know if they've paid a visit.  I'm quite grateful for this video.  If I ever hear saxophone music coming from the den, I'll know a squirrel got in.

tkitna:
I like the video, but I think the song is awful. George didnt even write it and was still a hit for him so what do I know.

Hello Goodbye:
It was a #1 hit for him!

Anyway, here's another version.  Perhaps you'll like this one better, beatlemaniac.

MOCBRkXlg-c

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version