I'm a little embarrassed even posting this thread, in the company of such accomplished musicians as Apple Beatle and Fendertele ...
... but I just get so excited before our gigs. We only play once every month or so, so it's not like an every day thing. If I were independently wealthy, I might chuck it all in and open a recording studio
The Beatles songs we do are:
1) Kansas City. I do the screaming vocals, my Holy Grail is how Paul sounds on the BBC set, but he's got that raspiness that I don't have - don't know if it's age, or some people just have it and others don't).
2) Norwegian Wood (I play sitar - on the keyboards!, and sing a middle harmony in the chorus I made up, starts on an E, ends on the B).
3) I Feel Fine (I sing the high harmony in "I'm in love with her and I feel fine", and George's bottom harmony on "I'm so glad, oooh, oooh ...).
4) Get Back - Alternate between John and Paul parts (trying to sing the "other" part, our lead singer is all over the place), and then on "Sweet Loretta Modern thought she was a woman" I add a 3rd harmony I made up that starts on A.
5) Let it Be - Mainly me, I hate my voice on it, it is so exposed
. Still, we do it, and the other two guys do the "ahh ahhh"'s in the chorus.
We play a bunch of other songs too, about 30 all together, but these are my favorites!
BTW - We don't have a name yet, much less a website, etc. Honestly, we're really not very good, but the people we play for (friends of friends, etc.) do like to dance when they've had a bit to drink. The name I am shooting for is "LOUDER than Good", or "Crash Landing"...