A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you!

Author Topic: John is Paul as Paul is George as George is John and they are all together...  (Read 198 times)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

This topic points to songs from the Beatles solo careers that show similarities in style and/or sound with usual recordings by another Beatle.

John is Paul:

! No longer available

John is George:

! No longer available

Paul is John:

! No longer available
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

Paul is George:

! No longer available

George is John:

! No longer available

George is Paul:

! No longer available

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • That Means a Lot

Neat topic Andrés!
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

Neat topic Andrés!

Thanks Kelley!

By the way, I didn't mean to leave Ringo out; I just didn't compare him with other Beatles, but someone else can do that!

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages

Great thread. I cant recall hearing No Words before. It really does sound like a George song.

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • That Means a Lot

Great thread. I cant recall hearing No Words before. It really does sound like a George song.

Denny Laine has a co-writing credit on that one. It does sound like George and so does Denny:

I'm kind of an odd-job man in this group. I look on Band On The Run as definitely their album. We're not a group anymore. I'm one of the three or I'm an individual. If it was Wings, I'd feel more a part of it. But it's not my songs and I'd like to feel more involved and contribute as much as they do. I did write one of the songs on the album and Paul helped me out with it. I'd like to do more like that.
Beatles Bible

Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

Denny Laine has a co-writing credit on that one. It does sound like George and so does Denny:

I'm kind of an odd-job man in this group. I look on Band On The Run as definitely their album. We're not a group anymore. I'm one of the three or I'm an individual. If it was Wings, I'd feel more a part of it. But it's not my songs and I'd like to feel more involved and contribute as much as they do. I did write one of the songs on the album and Paul helped me out with it. I'd like to do more like that.
Beatles Bible

Yes, maybe it's more a Denny Laine's song than a Paul's theme; but I considered it just because it's part of Paul's catalog.

Moreover, Denny's words confirm my belief that Wings was basically Paul solo instead of a true band project, at least at that period in 1973.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:00:35 PM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 27 queries.