A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Thank you!

Author Topic: The Other Fab Four "QUARTET" 1982 George Martin  (Read 900 times)

• A Thousand Pages
The Other Fab Four "QUARTET" 1982 George Martin
« on: April 14, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »

In 1982 George Martin produced Ultravox's album "QUARTET" this album as just been released in a new remastered version Febuary 2009.
I've bought a copy of the album and i must say it's polished up a treat and George Martin's production is crisp, fresh and inventive .
It's unlike any other album he produced , yes it's 80's sounding in parts , one as to allow for the technology of the time , but it's a very interesting departure in his fine body of production work .
And an album i recommend ,it's 10 songs of love and betrayal and a lot of New Romantic nonsense lol
Midge Ure sings his little Scottish heart out .
It's an album i bought back in 1982 , as i was keen to hear what George Martin would produce for them , i liked it  then , and it's still a very strong album , full of whaling guitars and atmospheric synth landscapes .
 George's production tricks are wonderful , not quite "Revolver" but as good as anything other 80's producers were coming up with .
All four of the UK hit singles - Reap The Willd Wind # 12 , Hymn # 11 ,Visions In Blue # 15 and We Came To Dance # 18 took me back down memory lane .
The album reached  # 6 on the UK album chart and spent 30 weeks on the chart , it was # 13 in Germany and a supprise # 61 on Billboard their only top 100 album in America .
With his work on Paul's Tug Of War (1982) and this album George was having a bit of a producer's revival.
It's well worth checking out and the second CD as some nice 12" versions of the singles .

The other Fab Four above - Midge Ure ,Bill Currie, Chris Cross and Warren Cann lol

Page created in 1.067 seconds with 36 queries.