Here's MY long dumb list (I think it's very intelligent, actually) This is somewhat in chronological order.
1. Because his voice was perfect on every song he sang
2. Because he inspired me to learn how to play guitar
3. Because he wrote some of my most favorite songs ever
4. Because he expanded rock music to include dance hall and other unexpected genres
5. Because he is nice to kids and dogs
6. Because he wrote songs for kids
7. Because when all the other Beatles were busy bashing each other, he took the high road
8. Because he was not ashamed to be sentimental, even when it wasn't cool
9. Because he wasn't embarrassed to talk about how much he loved and missed John
10. Because he has always been proud of The Beatles and has worked hard to preserve their legacy
in other words, "because because because because because...because of the wonderful things he does"