Beatles forums > Books, Magazines, Articles

Beatles - True Beginnings by Roag Best, Pete Best

(1/6) > >>

Mendips:
Anyone else have this book?
I got if because I just love the old pictures. Made my sister buy it for me, heh heh.

I saw a clip of a press conference with the Fab once and a reporter mentioned
Pete Best and John said in a really bored voice 'What's he sueing us for this time?'

This clip was from a video entitled 'JOHN LENNON' Trans Atlantic video. 1990. Cheap bad quality. Box reads 'contains no music performed by the Beatles. Documentary'. Picked it up in a yard sale, what the heck! If it's Beatles I'll buy it!

Back to Pete, I THINK he sued for comments made by the Beatles ( I think it was Ringo) in a Playboy interview which implied Pete had used drugs. The prellies, I imagine.

But like I said, I just love the old pictures!

Sadie4:
MMm, sounds interesting, although I'm not that keen on the guy, as you say, it's the Beatles, so if I see it around here, I'll go for it!

Mendips:
Oh yeah, me and my sister always have referred to Pete Best  as just 'WORST'. When talking about him we just say 'worst'.
But like I said, I can't resist the pictures!

Mairi:
Pete Best always kind of annoyed me, but I'm like you, I'll buy anything as long as it's Beatles!

The End:
Pete Beat is actually a really nice guy who had every right to be bitter - it took him a long time to come to terms with his past, but he's doing OK now. Personally I think The Beatles made the right choice in hiring Ringo, but it was REALLY hard on Pete... for obvious reasons. Please don't judge him too harshly :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version