Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Get Back  (Read 1710 times)

Wayne L.

Get Back
« on: September 18, 2006, 09:24:26 PM »

The original Get Back album, released in 69, with them photographed in the same place as their debut album, shouldn't have been taken off by record stores.  I listened to it about seventeen years ago & thought it was great, with the whole version of Dig It, just like in the movie.  I think I can understand in their minds why they thought it might have been crappy, but it's still like the original Let It Be album(minus Phil Spector), except with a little bit of changes.  The album cover is about as cool as you get, which defines the Beatles during the late 60's, which is my favorite era of the band.  Since they're going to be releasing LIB outtakes until the end of time, they should release them all with the original album cover with different volumes.  

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Re: Get Back
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 11:03:29 AM »

I do not remember even seeing this lp in stores? Wasn't Let It Be originally going to be called "Get Back"? I bought the copy of Let It Be in the U.S. and since I had that one I passed on buying the "Canadian box-set" version. Truely unfortunate because it had the glossy high quality book with it!!!!!!!

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 11:04:22 AM »

Can anyone tell me where I can see a pic of the cover?

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 12:13:53 PM »

Also, have a look here: LINK

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »

Quote from: 395
Since they're going to be releasing LIB outtakes until the end of time, they should release them all with the original album cover with different volumes.  

All the LIB outtakes? I don't think any major record label will be interested in releasing a 34 CD set with rehearsal recordings. Not even if that band is The Beatles.

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 08:44:21 PM »

Quote from: 56

All the LIB outtakes? I don't think any major record label will be interested in releasing a 34 CD set with rehearsal recordings. Not even if that band is The Beatles.

I think a record company will be releasing Let It Be outtakes until the end of time, since they were found in some guy's basement last year I believe.  The Beatles former road manager Neil Aspinall & member of Apple says they plan on releasing all of them.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 10:41:24 PM »

Cover is from the "double red Lp" of early Beatle songs?

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 10:42:57 PM »

Lp never came out in "Canada" with that cover. :o

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 03:17:16 PM »

I don't think 'Get Back' was ever released commercially. There were some promos for DJ, but that was about it, then it was scrapped. I still think when they released 'Naked', they should have made a 3 disc set with the 2 Glyn John's mixes.

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 49 queries.