Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 188373 times)

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #540 on: July 12, 2009, 06:47:38 PM »

I was 13 years old in 1979. My friend who lived across the street from me had the Sgt. Pepper album and he thought it was the greatest thing ever. I made fun of him when I saw the cover. I thought they looked like a goofy circus act. He played me the second side of the album first and I didn't like any of it. He told me the last song was the best,so I waited through some more songs I didn't like-including the Pepper reprise. Then A Day in the Life started. It was music from another world. I couldn't believe my ears. John's voice,Paul's part,the drumming,the orchestra-it was the greatest thing I'd ever heard! And it still is 30 years later.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

« Reply #541 on: July 13, 2009, 07:43:16 AM »

And A Day In The Life is still the only thing you like? ;D

Georgies Girl

• A Beginning
  • Official Georgie's Gal =)
    • Someplace Else
« Reply #542 on: July 17, 2009, 02:03:02 AM »

I think that I've liked the Beatles my whole life, but I became an official fan in 2005. I remember being around 5-6 at home and often listening to a couple of songs (I can clearly remember Yesterday, Here Comes The Sun and Help!). It was until I was 13 when I became really interested on the band, after learning a medley for a school concert, with "All My Loving-Eleanor Rigby-Penny Lane-All You Need Is Love". It was the day of the concert too, when I fall for George ;D (they had a screen and started passing videos of them, and when I saw George I thought "He was certainly handsome!" ;D).
Then, I started investigating about the band, buying the albums, going to tribute bands concerts and watching movies. And well...until now :D

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #543 on: July 17, 2009, 03:01:50 AM »

I think that I've liked the Beatles my whole life, but I became an official fan in 2005. I remember being around 5-6 at home and often listening to a couple of songs (I can clearly remember Yesterday, Here Comes The Sun and Help!). It was until I was 13 when I became really interested on the band, after learning a medley for a school concert, with "All My Loving-Eleanor Rigby-Penny Lane-All You Need Is Love". It was the day of the concert too, when I fall for George ;D (they had a screen and started passing videos of them, and when I saw George I thought "He was certainly handsome!" ;D).
Then, I started investigating about the band, buying the albums, going to tribute bands concerts and watching movies. And well...until now :D

very cool! I wish my school would have stuff like that, I'm in the choir and I'm always trying to hint to the director to let us sing a beatles medley. Still hasn't happen yet...but I'll keep trying next year. maybe if I annoy him enough!  ;D

George is certainly handsome ;)

Georgies Girl

• A Beginning
    • Someplace Else
« Reply #544 on: July 17, 2009, 03:57:16 AM »

^^Convince your mates from the choir, sign a petition and show it to the director ;D Maybe it would work.
And yes...nowadays I'm convinced I'll love George forever! :-*

JonnyBeatle

• One And One Is Two
    • Beatles Blog
« Reply #545 on: July 18, 2009, 04:23:09 AM »

I suppose it's not a particularly cool way to really get into The Beatles - but it was during The Anthology craze of '95-'96. That was the first time I ever really listened to their music. Before I had kind of discounted their music as something from the past that had no relevance to me. I was 18 BTW. Anyway, once I really listened to their music I was totally blown away and they've been my favorite band ever since.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #546 on: July 18, 2009, 08:15:34 PM »

I noticed that quite a lot of people got into them when the Anthology came out, and i suppose
the new remasters will produce more new young fans :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

briannamariee

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2009, 01:51:04 AM »

i knew about them practically my whole life.
my dad knows all of their songs by heart. he didn't listen to them much after i was born, but i knew he loved them. then one day in choir when i was about thirteen, one of the kids sang 'hey jude' for some contest or something. i listened to it over and over, and their other albums, and then loved all of their music. i fell in love! (:

Georgies Girl

• A Beginning
    • Someplace Else
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2009, 02:29:53 AM »

^^hehe, I know what you mean, it is something that you just can't help! :D

I noticed that quite a lot of people got into them when the Anthology came out, and i suppose
the new remasters will produce more new young fans :)

Very true. Recently, there have been many news about new Beatles-related stuff to come and that's something that always help. I also think that the Rock Band will be a very strong influence between young people, and that certainly makes me happy :)

mikesline

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #549 on: July 22, 2009, 02:04:30 AM »

my sisters were huge fans they went to the hollywood bowl show and records were always around
but i remember i must have been six yrs old and i kept playing hey jude-lp cant buy me love and revolution over and over,and i have'nt stop yet!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #550 on: July 22, 2009, 06:04:06 PM »

^^hehe, I know what you mean, it is something that you just can't help! :D

Very true. Recently, there have been many news about new Beatles-related stuff to come and that's something that always help. I also think that the Rock Band will be a very strong influence between young people, and that certainly makes me happy :)

oh yeas, i never thought of that, in this age of games and wii things, i' not into these things
but the Rockband game has caught me into buying these things, shall i blame it on the Beatles? ;D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

kittyhighx3

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #551 on: July 26, 2009, 10:41:52 PM »

I read the book, Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, and loved it. I loved it so much that I decided to listen to the song that inspired it (hence its title) and fell in love with it. The next day, I ran to the music store and since they didn't have Rubber Soul (I was p*ssed!), I decided to buy Sgt. Pepper instead because of its interesting cover. I didn't like it at first (Blasphemy!) but it steadily grew on me as I listened to it over and over. Six months later (Still a noob, I know), I'm an obsessed freak that can't spend a day without listening to them.  ;)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #552 on: July 27, 2009, 03:35:36 AM »

I read the book, Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, and loved it. I loved it so much that I decided to listen to the song that inspired it (hence its title) and fell in love with it. The next day, I ran to the music store and since they didn't have Rubber Soul (I was p*ssed!), I decided to buy Sgt. Pepper instead because of its interesting cover. I didn't like it at first (Blasphemy!) but it steadily grew on me as I listened to it over and over. Six months later (Still a noob, I know), I'm an obsessed freak that can't spend a day without listening to them.  ;)
Through a book eh? that's an interesting way of discovering the Fab Four.
And yes, I too have a small blasphemy regarding Sgt P.... hehehe!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

carleymmoss

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #553 on: July 31, 2009, 04:00:19 AM »

It happened when I was about 7. A neighbor of mine who I happened to have a little crush on (hah) told me that The Beatles were the best band in the world and John Lennon was his idol. I immediately went to my mom to ask her about them and she busted out her old vinyls. I listened to them for hours everyday. Been a fan ever since!! :)

jimmygraymusic

• One And One Is Two
    • Jimmy Gray Music
« Reply #554 on: August 01, 2009, 04:58:47 AM »

I only really discovered the beatles last summer.  i got the yellow submarine songtrack (followed by all their other albums), and  since then i've been obsessed.  I'm 22, and play music, and they influenced me greater than any other band ever has.  I started writing music that is very Beatlesque, and recorded my songs using techniques they used to use.  Check out my tunes you'll enjoy them if you like the Beatles.

iTunes:  http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?i=323748267&id=323748206&s=143441&uo=6
Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Day-Single/dp/B002HMWOWQ/ref=sr_f3_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1249102189&sr=103-1

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #555 on: August 01, 2009, 09:34:27 AM »

I only really discovered the beatles last summer.  i got the yellow submarine songtrack (followed by all their other albums), and  since then i've been obsessed.  I'm 22, and play music, and they influenced me greater than any other band ever has.  I started writing music that is very Beatlesque, and recorded my songs using techniques they used to use.  Check out my tunes you'll enjoy them if you like the Beatles.

iTunes:  http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?i=323748267&id=323748206&s=143441&uo=6
Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Day-Single/dp/B002HMWOWQ/ref=sr_f3_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1249102189&sr=103-1

Yo Jimmy, you got a myspace I can check before having to buy?
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

jimmygraymusic

• One And One Is Two
    • Jimmy Gray Music
« Reply #556 on: August 01, 2009, 02:13:30 PM »

Apple Beatle, here is my myspace URL  http://www.myspace.com/jimmygraymusic

the song "Snow Day" is the only one on there that is Beatles influenced like I mentioned.  The other song there is before they really hit me.  You can see the difference they made haha

hasuncoco

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2009, 05:25:05 AM »

first, I saw a t shirt and treasured it
second, I knew ringo starr cuz i love the way he is (love and peace shtuff)
third, Paul is a Vegan and I am tooooo
and lastly BUT NOT LEAST NOT LEAST!!!! I loved their songs >.<
goals
  • Be a fan of the beatles
  • Memorize Yesterday and sing it to my mom
  • Be a Vegan
  • Listen to Cedrick play day tripper
  • Trip the day
  • Annoyed by haters
  • Settle the fights

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #558 on: August 03, 2009, 11:55:09 PM »

I first heard them as a kid and my mom was in love with them growing up. So I would hear their songs every now and again but wouldn't think much of it except that they were the beatles singing.

But a few months ago I just saw A Hard Day's Night on television and I became obsessed with them!! I couldn't stop from then on out. I had to find out everything about them and get every picture I could find! It's crazy, I'm in love with them and there is no stopping me now! That's for sure!

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #559 on: August 05, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »

I remember when I was little I liked the song Yellow Submarine (though I didn't know who it was by), and I loved Here Comes The Sun. Then, a friend of mine said a few months ago (around Christmas), "You should start listening to The Beatles,". So I turned on YouTube and put on the song 'Here Comes The Sun'. I remembered really really loving that when I was younger.

When it was finished, I listened to more songs (Hey Jude, All You Need Is Love and Hello Goodbye amongst others) and I was absolutely enchanted. All these great songs by the same four people! I listened to them some more on YouTube, but I was too shy to buy a CD (I'm weird like that).

A little while after that, another friend of mine was asking me some quiz questions, and one of them was "What band of the 1960s wrote the song Yellow Submarine?" I was confused. The 1960s? Kids songs don't come from the 1960s, generally speaking. I told her I didn't know, and she said it was The Beatles. I was thrilled by that.

When I next turned on YouTube, I listened to Yellow Submarine. It was quite something hearing this familiar song I knew so well when I was seven or eight, being sung by Ringo Starr.

Then next time I went to the record store, I bought Sgt. Pepper's. It was all new to me, and I was truly infatuated by the song Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. When I first looked at the cover of the album, I saw the one dressed in green and I thought to myself, "I'm sure that is John Lennon," xD I have no idea how I knew that, but I did.

And then I started madly buying their albums as quick as I could, and I also bought A Hard Day's Night. I was blown away by the humour in it.

I love thinking that the first Beatle I recognised is my favourite. =]
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Page created in 0.643 seconds with 86 queries.