Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 5 years ago, where were you  (Read 2452 times)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
5 years ago, where were you
« on: September 11, 2006, 08:39:51 PM »

ok, no kidding around, we all know what this thread is about so where were you when you heard the news 5 years ago?

well i was in 7th grade then and i didnt find out about it until i had gotten home. the school decided not to tell us about what had happened but one of the 8th grade history teachers was watching it in class all day. after that i guess i just spent the rest of the day sitting in front of the tv watching it. until (seems like i was an ass but still its how i am) i decided that they continue to rehash the same information every 5 minutes with no real improvement in learning what had happened. i do remember that my buddy and i joked about setting up anti-aircraft guns on top of our houses but then thought about donating blood.

its always facinated me what happened in the minutes inside the pyroplatic cloud and to see the photos from within the cloud and its scary and interesting at the same time. it looked like being in a nuclear winter but a bright, sunny day.

anyway, thats my two cents on this whole thing. so i would like to have you all share  any stories or thoughts about this.

Note: wayne, BP, or anyone else known for this (including me) political thoughts or bashing of anyone will not be tolerated (Al, if you would do something with anyone that does such a thing). but most of you will probably not do anything like that, but at least its stated
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: 5 years ago, where were you
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 09:03:29 PM »

I was in school when I heard about it the next day (grade six) they announced it over the intercom and we had a moment of silence. After that day, my grade six teacher went a little off the deep end and was convinced that every letter contained anthrax and she put up a wanted poster of Bin Laden up on the bulletin board.
But yes... very sad. I was only 11 then so my parents chose not to give me any details but I learned enough from my friends and the papers.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

komakino

• Getting Better
  • fly me to the moon
    • last.fm
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 10:18:56 PM »

i was in the room of my boyfriend at that time. he gave me a present and we we're sitting around enjoying the afternoon. then his dad came in and turned on the tv... we spent the rest of the day watching... in the evening i came home and i was sitting with my mum in the livingroom. we were shocked, the tv was running all the time. i didn't know what to talk about... i wasn't really able to say something usefull... i was just shocked and confused. there was silence most of the day
george george whoops george whoops george george george

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 12:17:27 AM »

Hamburg, Germany
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:52:03 AM »

It was a half day at my high school, and I was a freshman.  None of us knew about this until late morning when one of our 6th period teacher had the TV on.  Odd that none of the other teachers had the news tuned in.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 04:03:04 AM »

It was an evening here, about 6pm. I was in our local swimming-pool. After I went down to dress myselft I saw everybody staring at TV. It was something unbelievable. You never think such thinks could happend in the middle of a peaceful day. When I came back at home I found out about south tower and Pentagon. We were watching TV all the time. Terribly!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 07:23:08 AM »

I was at work. I was working with a big, noisy printer and because of that I couldn't hear the radio. The first tower was hit at 2:45 PM our time, but I didn't hear anything about it until I went home at 5:00 PM. I still remember how I felt. I knew right away that it would take a while before life would be back to normal again and that in a way the world would never be the same again. And I just hoped it wouldn't be the start of a third world war.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 09:03:25 AM »

I was in school, and went home after that. Strange, but a guy accosted me on the street, we were talking for a while and it happened at the same time of the attack, 2.50 local time!
A man was talking about the attack on the bus and I thought he was insane! :oIt sounded so absurd. When I got to my town I met my mom in the shop and was asking her and she told me that it was true, all TVs were broadcasting it. I swiched on the TV as we got home, I was really shocked.

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 05:07:07 PM »

I was watching the terrorist attacks on the WTC & the Pentagon on TV, I thought it was just an accident when the first plane hit, but that changed quickly when the second plane hit the other tower.  I was a little nervous about the first 45 minutes after the second plane hit, then I got over it & realized it wasn't going to happen where I'm at, since it was major American targets by Islamic terrorists.  The war on terror will go on indefinitely & has been going on for over 30 years, no matter whether it's Bush or somebody else in the White House, but it started with the Olympics in 72 & the Iran hostage crises in 79.  

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 09:47:26 PM »

Quote from: 395
then I got over it

What? You got over the attacks 45 minutes after they happened?

Christ, it took me days and I'm not even an American...

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 01:08:24 AM »

waynes got a case of what we call, "soul-interuptus"
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Wayne L.

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 04:36:08 PM »

You're not even human either BP & yes, I got over the 9/11 attacks, but twisting my words is insane, like yourself.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 07:18:49 PM »

again, how is he inhuman?

Wayne L.

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 07:23:32 PM »

Why don't you tell me, since you care so much somedude210?  

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 07:25:20 PM »

what? wait, thats it. get out of this thread, you and bp, both of you started character bashing and going against the purpose of this thread.

Wayne L.

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 07:26:26 PM »

You're the queen of character bashing, so get over it dude.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 07:28:10 PM »

ho ho, cleaver. but guess what, both of you are getting into a p*ssing match and this thread is not where you should do it.

Wayne L.

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 07:31:11 PM »

I forgot, we were supposed to be talking about 9/11, not what idiots like you think about yourselves dude.  

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 07:32:38 PM »

jesus f***ing christ wayne! get the hell out of this thread!! now!

Wayne L.

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 07:35:58 PM »

You get out of it, you lazy minded scumbag & gay blade like yourself dude.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 2.099 seconds with 79 queries.