Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: " Off The Ground " - A Forgotten Gem ?  (Read 4008 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Re: " Off The Ground " - A Forgotten Gem ?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 11:14:02 AM »

Agree he really should use the band to it's full potential on the next album , it's a waste if he does'nt .
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »

Good post, Dave. I think "Off The Ground" is great. I consider it the last Paul album as a "young" artist. Because with "Flaming Pie" he began to look seriously as a "middle-aged" (I'm not saying old) artist. OTG sounds very polished and relatively modern. FP was the opposite - very homemade, charming, and old-fashioned. I love both styles.

I give OTG 3.5 stars. It's not a masterpiece, but every song is really enjoyable. "Golden Earth Girl" is one of Paul's best ballads. "Hope Of Deliverance" is one of my favourite Paul songs. :)
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 05:52:46 AM »

I'm surprised a lot of people on this board haven't heard it.  I have it and have heard it numerous times and think it's a very good album.  I am a huge fan of Mistress and Maid, Off the Ground, and Looking for Changes.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 09:40:30 AM »

In someways it's his last truely happy album , eveything is still hunky dory in McCartney world ? the spectre of illness ,death and divorce however is waiting on the horizon , which also makes it a sad album , it's a watershed for him personally .
I really like the polished production wingsman it sounds really classy , which i think gives it , it's very Beatley sound . I also think his vocal is at the hight of it's maturity on this album , and although he can still sing he does'nt sing like this anymore sadly .

moodyblue71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 10:11:53 PM »

That's one of my faves by Paul!!  

awc1967

• A Beginning
  • arrive without travelling
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 08:40:33 PM »

I bought it the day it came out, in february 1993, along with mick jaggers's solo album wandering spirit.
they both were very good and i listened to them non stop.
my favorites from off the ground were, hope of deliverance, c'mon people, wine dark open sea, get out of my way,
and off the ground.
I  really was looking forward to paul coming to dallas, but he went to san antonio instead.
I  still have my original cd, with all the artwork, even though played many times, it's in great shape.
although off the ground is great, it can't compare with flaming pie, which came out 4 years later.
off the ground came out, right before the beatles anthology and it ended a chapter for the beatles, because everything after the anthology seemed to have a different feel to it, but in a good way.
In my opinion, out of 10 stars, i give off the ground 6 stars.
 :)
I've got a feeling,I think that everybody knows
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 49 queries.