Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Satanic Majesty-Rolling Stones  (Read 743 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Satanic Majesty-Rolling Stones
« on: March 19, 2022, 07:34:24 PM »

I don't know how many times I've read/heard that the Rolling Stones' Satanic Majesty was their answer to the Sgt Pepper album.

I don't understand it.  No comparison.  And no good songs IMO.  Also, the sonic quality was poor.  And you don't get that unique Jagger vocal style on any of those songs which further lessens its overall appeal.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Satanic Majesty-Rolling Stones
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 09:11:36 PM »

Satanic was a bit of a hodge podge. And the cover art was a bit embarrassing. There’s a few decent songs on it though I think. She’s a Rainbow is a Stones classic.  2000 light years, 2000 Man and Citadel I like. And it’s unique for the only stones album to have a Bill Wyman song. Not a great song admittedly. We’d have to wait til the early 80s for the peak of Bill’s art with Je Suis Un Rock Star.

This was also the last gasp of the Stones as a 60s pop act really. After this they started their run of classic ragged bluesy albums with Beggars Banquet. So maybe this was the one that put away their pretensions of competing with the Beatles as an eclectic, experimental pop act.

On the sonic quality yes there was no comparison how the stones recorded with the Beatles.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 10:35:00 PM »

On the sonic quality yes there was no comparison how the stones recorded with the Beatles.

And they The Beatles expressed some jealousy about The Stones recording on better equipment in the USA.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 06:52:28 AM »

And they The Beatles expressed some jealousy about The Stones recording on better equipment in the USA.

Not sure what they were worried about. Beatle records sound much better than stones records up to 68. Unless they had access to 8 track before them.

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 44 queries.