Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Bar Just Got Raised!  (Read 5767 times)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
The Bar Just Got Raised!
« on: June 18, 2005, 09:30:39 PM »

Had the opportunity to  see "Oasis" last evening in Toronto! The boys ditched their big video screen from the last tour that was somewhat distracting while trying to watch them play. The lighting was state of the art with rows of non spotlights which were suspened above the band and a giant screen behind them that numerous colours of lights that were projeted on to! Along with normal banks of spotlights which shone down on them! It was a visual assult of coloured lights along with lines of white lights all across the stage above them! The band opened with Turn Up The Sun and they just proved why "Oasis" is the best live band in the world! Liam has a stage presence that just screams "STAR" from his posture to the sunglasses that were clear not tinted to the stare! After watching them perform numerous songs off the new cd and "Live Forever" "Champagne Supernova" "Rock And Roll Star" "Cigs And Alcohol" there leaves little doudt that this is the most "Talented" band in the "Uk" handsdown!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
Re: The Bar Just Got Raised!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 10:35:29 PM »

Beatles lite. As hard as they try to break that image-that's all Oasis ever was and that's all they ever will be-at least in the eyes of most people in the states. I know they're huge in Britain,but here not many people care about them.
 Oasis is a hundred times better live than they are on cd. The cds are very difficult to listen to all the way through. The new one debuted in the US at number twelve and then dropped like a rock. I always see Oasis near the top of rock polls in the UK,but in the US they never make any lists-even top 500 band lists.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 11:03:35 PM »

That's because "American's " can't really identify with "quality" music. All the best bands have come from the "Uk". You can't really expect to sit down and listen to any band with closed ears. "Oasis" are not geared to music sufers who can't sit through 3 bars of a song without having to move on. They build their songs in a way that requires some qaulity listening time. If you understand the quality of a song like "Don't Look Back In Anger" Oasis really isn't the kind of band you should be listening to.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 11:10:53 PM »

Hey, I'm American and I love Oasis. I don't think it matters where you're from as much as it does your taste in music. To say Americans feel this or Americans don't like thai is kind of stereotypical. Even if it's an American saying it.

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 12:13:56 AM »

Quote from: apple_sauce
If you understand the quality of a song like "Don't Look Back In Anger" Oasis really isn't the kind of band you should be listening to.

Is this a typo? It doesn't make sense.

~ missy

p.s. You are very "enthusiastic" about your "quotation marks."

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 12:59:51 AM »

It must be because i'm american, but I f***in hate Oasis.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 02:53:36 AM »

Actually it would be interesting to hear who you like? Noel had a great quote from an interview where the reporter asked him who the 5 best bands were in the UK? He replyed well there's "Oasis" and 4 "Oasis" cover bands. If you don't get it you will never like this band!

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 02:54:34 AM »

"Yes it was a "type-o" unfortunatley.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 02:56:04 AM »

Finally an American who actully has great taste in music!!!!!!! AKA SANDRA!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 03:25:39 AM »

Actually it would be interesting to hear who you like?

Its easier to list who I dislike-

Oasis
Nirvana
Aerosmith
Eagles
CCR
AC/DC
Bob Seger
Bruce Springsteen
(not too crazy about Pink Floyd anymore either)
and many, many more 90's bands that I cant be bothered to list.

Some favorites of mine-

Beatles
Stones
Kansas
Moody Blues
Zeppelin
Who
Beach Boys
C,S,N,&Y
Elton
etc,,,,

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 05:57:49 AM »

Actually it would be interesting to hear who you like? Noel had a great quote from an interview where the reporter asked him who the 5 best bands were in the UK? He replyed well there's "Oasis" and 4 "Oasis" cover bands. If you don't get it you will never like this band!

Not exactly high comedy, I think everybody gets it.

And Tk, I'd just like to say on behalf of Bob Seeger, youve broken his heart.  What was his appeal anyways?

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 07:05:45 AM »

I have no idea, but I just hate the bastards music and thought i'd list him. Actually, 'Beautiful Loser' is alright, but just for the drumming.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 06:22:16 PM »

Finally an American who actully has great taste in music!!!!!!!

Wait a minute...So all the American's on this BEATLES forum who love the Beatles have bad taste in music? So how'd they come to liking the Beatles then? Shouldn't their music be above them too?

;)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 06:48:59 PM »

^hahaha. XD

Have I ever told you how much I love your posts?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 02:34:05 PM »

Actually if you don't "get it" was a reference to "Noel's" belief that "OASIS" is the best band out there! Not the quote its self, or the humour of it.  

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 02:40:13 PM »

"Bob Segar" is from an era in music where bands had a back up orchestra of horns etc which gave them a larger than life sound on stage! I can appreciate that you don't like Bob, but he has written some "quality" songs that got lost on your music radar. Yes were all sick of "Like A Rock" from Chevy, but he did write a few number one songs out there! Also if you listed  aka "Dust In The Wind" and not "OASIS" on your list of favorite bands there is no hope for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 03:13:35 PM »

To say that someone's ability to appreciate music is somehow below par simply because they don't like the same music as you is...................(can't think of a word that won't start a fight) ..............incorrect.
don't follow leaders

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 02:42:34 AM »

WEll were talking about a band that has made some of the most stunning songs of the last 10 years! If you don't like "Live Forever"  "Don't Look Back In Anger"  "Wonderwall" "Champagne Supernova" "Rock And Roll Star" Cigerettes And Alcohol"  "Talk Tonight" "Columbia" just to name a few and perfer "Kansas" over a band like "Oasis" you are beyond hope! Anyone with a shread of musical knowledge would kick "Kansas" ass to the curb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 03:19:02 AM »

Dude, it's just a band. I mean, maybe someone just doesn't like them! It has nothing to do with crappy musical tastes or being beyond hope. Anyway, I have a feeling you're just posting in jest. That is unless you're that enamored with the Gallagher brothers.

PS
I do agree with you about the kicking Kansas the curb bit. But then, I never did like their corny music.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 08:20:26 AM »

I love Oasis and don't care too much for Kansas. Still don't think that means my ability to appreciate music is better than anyone else's.
don't follow leaders
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 83 queries.