Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New here and was just wondering....  (Read 3962 times)

Pilzkopf

• A Beginning
Re: New here and was just wondering....
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2009, 01:02:48 AM »

Well, it looks like she's gone now. She came here apparently in a spirit of enquiry, but her last post shows that what she really wanted to do was hand out advice. Strangely, she wasn't a member of the forum she was urging people here to join, but said she'd join if anyone wanted her to. In other words, she's inviting us to invite her..... Very weird. She claims to have resolved all her own problems, but it's kind of obvious she hasn't.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2009, 01:35:24 AM »

i think it was dr phil!!!he has been trying to blend with the human race i heard..........

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2009, 02:22:33 AM »

Damn!  Turn your back for a minute and see everything you've missed.  

"You've got to wait a minute, wait a minute, oh, yeah, wait a minute, wait a minute, oh yeah, deliver the letter the sooner the better . . . ."

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2009, 03:12:16 AM »

Can we say ulterior motive? The Internet's a scary place children. Be careful who you decide to trust.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2009, 03:16:05 AM »

Quote from: 1953
Thank you Jimmy. I would love to stay. I really wish you could have talked more about your heart-felt feelings with us. But, I think BlueMeanie is right. It's time for me to go. This forum isn't the place for this type of discussion I guess. But I sincerely hope along these few days someone has passed through and thought about their lives a little and maybe could relate to my story.

I also hope I am one of only a very few souls who has ever gone through what I described. No kid should have to endure that sort of pain. Ever. Which is why I felt compelled to reach out to you all. Because of the Beatles and my fondness in my heart for them, I felt an instant connection with you and I so wanted to talk even if it meant drudging up old, dusty, awful memories to do it. I can't help but think there was at least one of you who passed by who could relate even in some small way. So many of you read the thread but didn't post yourselves and I hope I've made a difference in your life, too. My catharsis occurred many years ago probably long before many of you were born. And I'm happy to say I've been lucky to have built a beautiful life on top all of that dead pain. All I really wanted to do here was to share my story. Not for me but for you. For you. I had no one back then to talk to about my feelings and I wanted you to know someone in a place you felt good about yourself actually cared about you. Yes, complete strangers can feel love for you, friend. There are tears in my eyes as I right this because I really mean these words. Everybody talks in sound bites nowadays. Nobody seems to have the time to sit and sincerely listen to one another. Few seem to have the time to even think about who they are, what they're doing, where they're going, if they matter....... so

Pilz, thank you. Some really good discussions, there. I believe your future input throughout the site will be welcomed. You give good advice. And you're very insightful. You almost got me though with some of those big words. The rest of you who posted, well it took courage and I'm sure you left the impression with others that I was not the only one whose life wasn't so hunky dory at times.

If I have inspired just one of you to look inward, I'm thrilled. Remember, it is so important to pour your energy into what you truly love in your life, especially in areas where you excel that bring you joy and achievement. Trust me, that will make an enormous impact in your life in a positive way and in the right direction. I guess what I've learned from all of you is that the Beatles have still got it. Haven't figured out what that is exactly, but it sure is awesome. And I do believe it's not just the music, it's the whole package! Yes, it's fun to talk about them and to have online friends that share your loves. I get it now. Perhaps I overreacted in my first few posts. But I guess the meat of what I really wanted to say finally came out in the end.

All I ask is for those who feel the need to talk more along the lines of this thread, consider spending some time looking at another site. I'll include that link in with the other ones below. And no, I'm not affiliated with that site for those who are thinking, "Ah, THAT'S the rub!" Anyone here who would find it helpful to read about others who are facing serious issues in their lives and would like to begin a discussion of your own there, this would be a good place. I am not a member of that forum. But if you would like me to be, I'm there. Just tell me. Save the fun Beatle talk for here and the heavy stuff for there. I guarantee you will gain a lot of insight from reading others accounts. And you will begin to heal.

The links to the books below talk about stuff in an easy to understand language in a much better context than I can. I have read a few of these myself and found them extremely helpful in sorting things out. (I hope BlueMeanie you will be so kind to allow me to post these links for your members.) You need to be brutally honest with yourself if you choose to read this material. The six books I suggest offer interesting insight into various life circumstances that effect us in various ways. Any of them will get you thinking about your life in a more enlightened way. (Toxic Parents was a real eye-opener for me and was especially helpful as well as The Stranger in the Mirror.) Read the customer comments included on the Amazon listings to see if one or two would be good to start with. Most of these books can be purchased used online for under $10. So, instead of throwing your money at another piece of Beatle memorabilia, next time buy one of these books instead. Or go to your local library and see if they have it or other ones on the subject you'd like to learn more about.

I guess that's about it. If my posts have helped, you are indeed welcome. You may not be ready yet to delve into your psyche in ways I have over the years, but I hope I've been able to plant a seed that will one day get sufficient rain and sunshine for growth. It's a sometimes painful journey but a rewarding one. Perhaps then you will begin to take that small step towards a vastly more complete and happy life.

My best to you all. Bye.

http://www.psychforums.com/index.php

http://www.amazon.com/Stranger-Mirror-Marlene-Steinberg/dp/0060954876/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235866959&sr=1-8

http://www.amazon.com/Fame-Junkies-Americas-Favorite-Addiction/dp/0618453695/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235259682&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/Self-Esteem-Guided-Journal-Program-Harbinger/dp/157224402X/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

http://www.amazon.com/White-Bears-Other-Unwanted-Thoughts/dp/0670825220/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235256064&sr=1-12

http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Parents-Susan-Forward/dp/0553814826/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235328416&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorders-Understanding-Crippling/dp/0446393487/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235257991&sr=1-31

It's: ay, there's the rub. That's all I have to say about this post.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2009, 04:15:22 AM »

All the posts were too long for me to be interested. I read the first couple and the bleeding heart syndrome came into play. I've got my own problems to deal with and psycho-analyzing somebodys likes or dislikes in a band isnt one of them.

Bobber

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2009, 08:43:15 AM »

Ditto. I'm never interested in this kind of stuff. Plus nobody reported the thread, thank God!  ;D

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »

Think if you have mental health problems face to face counselling is better , than the internet .

BlueMeanie

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2009, 12:55:26 PM »

Agreed. I think the one with the biggest problem was probably the one who started the thread.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2009, 01:57:42 AM »

I have ordered all the books listed on Amazon, and I am ordering 20 more on obsessive compulsive disorder.  In the mean time I am making sure that I have vinyl, CD and digital copies of every Beatles song, sound or utterance.  In mint condition.  Preferably unplayed (even the digital stuff--no telling how playing them potentially degrades the code).  

However, if I do break down I may listen to "Number 9" 144 times in a row (1+4+4=9. also 144 is the number of perfection, 12 X12, twelves tribes of Israel, twelve lost tribes, 144,000 to be saved at the end-times, check Revelations).  It's amazing the things you start to hear after about listen no. 84 (adds up to 12, just chance, you say?)

You say.  Hmmmm.  There's the rub.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2009, 03:38:42 AM »

I'd say the person was just looking for attention. Maybe she should go join Face Book.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 61 queries.