Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I'm losing you  (Read 2266 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
I'm losing you
« on: November 28, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »

I think this is an incredible song by John.  His vocal is astonishing in every respect.

The rawness of it; the screeching; the power; the energy; the sustain; the emotion - wow!!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXJZgwAWvnA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXJZgwAWvnA</a>
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:19:07 PM by Loco Mo »
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: I'm losing you
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 09:47:39 PM »

That’s a song I took a long time to discover. I didn’t buy double fantasy when it came out. Partly due to not wanting to fork out cash for a half Yoko album, but also as, after johns death, Watching the Wheels, Beautiful Boy, Woman and Starting Over were on pretty constant rotation on the radio for a couple of years. 

When I heard this track eventually I wondered how John’s reemergence would have been received if this had been a lead off single. Starting Over and the album generally wasn’t received that well when it first appeared with it being viewed as an overly content and middle aged John dishing up pretty safe material.  Maybe this would have  been seen as an example of “cooler” John.

The heavier version with Cheap Trick backing would have made a great stand alone single.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 11:05:34 PM »

I like it, always have.  I like the coolness of the vocals and tone he uses for much of it.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 11:49:20 PM »

A great track, as is Yoko's I'm moving on, which I'm sure John wrote. They're similar song's.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 44 queries.