Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1'  (Read 4232 times)

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
1'
« on: September 29, 2007, 02:49:03 PM »

Hi, all.
I suppose I'm not the only one who thought about this. What about a collection of the UK/US #1 single that John, Paul, George & Ringo achieved in their solo careers? I guess that would be a nice collection. And there were so many 'Fantasy Albums' invented round here, that this would be another good choice. This would be the tracklisting:

1) MY SWEET LORD
2) UNCLE ALBERT / ADMIRAL HALSEY
3) IMAGINE
4) GIVE ME LOVE (GIVE ME PEACE ON EARTH)
5) MY LOVE
6) PHOTOGRAPH
7) YOU'RE SIXTEEN
8 ) BAND ON THE RUN
9) WHATEVER GETS YOU THRU THE NIGHT
10) LISTEN TO WHAT THE MAN SAID
11) SILLY LOVE SONGS
12) MULL OF KINTYRE
13) WITH A LITTLE LUCK
14) COMING UP (LIVE)
15) (JUST LIKE) STARTING OVER
16) WOMAN
17) EBONY AND IVORY
18 ) SAY SAY SAY
19) PIPES OF PEACE
20) GOT MY MIND SET ON YOU
21) FERRY 'CROSS THE MERSEY

Nice collection, isn't it? I know there's too much Paul, and that George appears only at the beginning and at the end of the album, and that the only 2 Ringo songs here are stuck together, and that the crappy Paul duets are here, but at least we have the really rare Ferry 'Cross the Mercy from 1989.

Let's call it [size=18]1'[/size]!
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: 1'
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 02:54:14 PM »

Hey, that's an excellant collection & great idea wingsman!  ;)
i love it!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:55:28 PM »

Hehe! I know you would love it!
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »

yeah, i'm lovin these collections at the moment! i've been making my own
collections with other artist as well like Bowie, Beach Boys, Kinks, Smiths, & Marley.
Maybe i should start my own record company up & release these collections, i'm
sure some people would like em' ;D ;)

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:01:55 PM »

Great Wingsman , but the title should be  " FAB 4 " :)

DaveRam :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »

Hehe! I know you would love it!

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 03:19:46 PM »

Hey guys I made a cover, with the sticker!  ;D

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 03:24:35 PM »

That is so cool!!! ;)
Now, i've gotta make my copy! :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 03:27:42 PM »

I did it using the 'Paint' program, so anyone could do it. Hehehe.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 03:36:33 PM »

What about adding  " Fame " by Bowie ? not a duet but John co wrote it and played on it ? :)

DaveRam :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 03:44:20 PM »

Well, so we also have to add 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds' by Elton John, a Lennon-McCartney composition that reached #1 in early 1975 and John was also present in that recording.
I'm sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea to include singles that were not credited to any of the 4 ex-Beatles. There are not legitimate #1 singles by the ex-Fab 4.
Consider also that there's not enough space, with 21 tracks I think an 80-minute CD is already full.

But DaveRam you can make your own 1' as you want it!  :P  ;D

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 04:13:33 PM »

lol ive just thought of the Elton and Lucy  :P and also Paul was on Band Aid 20 Do they know It's Christmas  UK # 1  2005 playing Bass ? maybe we could have a special edition just for me lol :P

DaveRam :P :)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »

Brilliant idea, Wingsman! Who can we call to get this done? :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 06:32:48 PM »

I know. It could be great if this is commercially released, and not just part of our dreams.
But I think they will never gonna release an album like this one. I don't know exactly why, but it sounds too weird. I mean, their number ones as solo artists all together in just one disc? I don't know...
I suppose Paul is the only ex-Beatle who can release a #1's of his solo work, and he probably will someday.

I'm thinking that today everyone is releasing their own #1's collection and I kind of hate that. When the Beatles released their #1's in 2000, it was great because they were all 'real' #1's, all official chart-toppers just from the UK and the US. Then we had Elvis doing the same, but including chart-toppers not only from Billboard, because it also included Melody Maker, Record World...  ::) And finally the big disaster with Michael Jackson who included any kind of crap. For example, in the british version of his #1's he included 'Human Nature', a song that wasn't even released in England!  :o

I'm telling all this stuff because I think nobody cares today about 'genuine' #1's up to this point. If you release a greatest hits collection under the name of '#1's' companies think that you're gonna sell double because everyone think when they first see it: 'oh, great, a full album of #1 hits'. Well, that's a lie. Companies are giving #1 status to any single, so it's really unfair to the artists who really achieve the real #1's.

So, that's the reason this album would never be released. Because nobody cares about the real #1's. Maybe just us, that we're fans.

(As everyone's uses this formula, I thought that the Ringo's recent greatest-hits collection it was gonna be called 'Ringo - All the #1's'.  ;D )

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »

Quote from: 713
I think they will never gonna release an album like this one. I don't know exactly why, but it sounds too weird.
This is not weird, it is brilliant. You must fight for this idea. Who cares about those fake #1s? Not us! (I'm dead ignorant; I didn't even know this was a trend.) Phooey on trends. This is a great idea and must be done! *rings Apple*

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »

Ferry Cross the Mersey on here ?? yeah, I KNOW u don't mean the Pacemakers...but c'mon "ferry cross the mersey" ?
but, hey it's YOUR disc, man...live it up:)

*shrugs*

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 08:25:27 PM »

Quote from: 551
This is not weird, it is brilliant. You must fight for this idea. Who cares about those fake #1s? Not us! (I'm dead ignorant; I didn't even know this was a trend.) Phooey on trends. This is a great idea and must be done! *rings Apple*

Hehe! Thank you harihead, let's send a petition to Apple!  :P  ;D
I've been thinking to make this compilation a long time ago. So I guess one day I'll finally do it.

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 11:46:48 PM »

It could happen, but would Apple have the rights on all of the solo work?
&quot;Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive&quot;

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

That would make a great album but I would definitely drop Ferry Across The Mersey - this was a charity single that Paul only made a brief appearance on and although it was for a very good cause (the Hillsborough disaster in 1989), it is quite dreadful!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 12:23:49 PM »

It's actually quite interesting to look at the UK chart for ex-Beatles in the 70's. John only had 5 top ten hits in that period, four of them before 1973. Ringo only had one less! Paul had a massive fourteen top ten, whilst George had a measly two.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 79 queries.