Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 256907 times)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1140 on: January 08, 2010, 03:27:37 AM »

so you virtually 'watch' "Help!" in your head (and you've seen it enough times to be able to do that!)
Ahahaha! Classic!

-When your gym class is in the weight room, and the classic rock station is on, and you're teacher is asking who sings the song, etc. Then "I Am The Walrus" comes on, and in the first two second of the song you scream, "I AM THE WALRUS, THE BEATLES, RELEASED IN 1967 ON 'MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR' EP IN BRITAIN, AND ON THE 'MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR LP' IN AMERICA. ALSO ISSUED AS A B SIDE TO 'HELLO GOODBYE'. WRITTEN BY JOHN LENNON PRIMARILY TO POKE FUN AT FANS WHO READ TOO MUCH INTO THEIR LYRICS. MANY LYRICS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM DRUG RELATED EXPERIENCES". Then when everyone started at you, you didn't feel embarrassed at all  ;D
You done it?!? Wow ADMIRATION!!!!! I once debated the song origins of Julia with my economics teacher (he didnt have a clue). And in the same class, Strawberry Fields was on and when "suger plum fairy" came on, someone said "ooh, he is saying Paul is dead" and I say "no! he says suger plum fairy". And then I blush and look down as people stare at me weirdly  :-[

^LOL Penny! I have that problem all the time! People ask me the dumbest questions cause they think I'm like 15 or something. It can become irritating!
Yea! People think I am 16 (I guess its partly the way I dress. There's an old man in dancing who tells me I am 12 but he is joking). When I talk about the Beatles my friend says "how can you like their music, you werent even there" I mean what the hell! Grrr!   >:(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:30:09 AM by Kaleidoscope_Eyes »

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #1141 on: January 08, 2010, 03:31:37 AM »

^yeah I think they way you dress can be a big part of it. And the fact that I never wear makeup ever. So that could be another reason.  :P

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1142 on: January 08, 2010, 03:40:55 AM »

^ I'm the opposite, I wear make up and short skirts and they stil think I am 16

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #1143 on: January 08, 2010, 03:43:09 AM »

^strange, I would think that would make you look older to people. lol
Who knows then, some people stink at telling ages of other people. And we know that the best.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #1144 on: January 08, 2010, 07:02:09 AM »

^ I know that's a fact, coz I can never tell people's ages! :-[ so I don't try, I ask someone else ha2ha

You know you're a fan when you sing Beatles songs while walking on the street.... like me and KE did today ha2ha (but we were quiet about it)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1145 on: January 08, 2010, 07:19:20 AM »

^yeah I think they way you dress can be a big part of it. And the fact that I never wear makeup ever. So that could be another reason.  :P

I'm not a make-up wearer myself, so I guess that could be part of why I look young. Plus, I'm just so freakin' short. :(

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #1146 on: January 08, 2010, 07:35:09 AM »

^yeah another valid point Penny! Being short doesn't help much either. I think I pretty much dress like a tween anyways, graphic tees, colored corduroy pants, and converse. lol None of it helps!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1147 on: January 08, 2010, 07:46:58 AM »

^ Aww, I love graphic tees and I used to wear colored cordoroys as a teen. And I still wear Converse shoes! ;)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #1148 on: January 08, 2010, 07:50:34 AM »

^sometimes it's a plus looking younger I think. People take more pity on you in a crazy situation, because they think your like twelve. lol So there are good things and bad things I think.  ;) And I could still go trick or treating if I wanted.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1149 on: January 08, 2010, 07:55:06 AM »

^ Yeah, you have a point...it's easier to get away with things if you look like a kid. ;)

But I just don't like not being taken as seriously by strangers if they really think I'm a child. And people are always shocked when they find out I'm married...gaaah! Sorry for the ranting.

MrsHarrison

• A Beginning
  • Have I said something amiss?
« Reply #1150 on: January 08, 2010, 07:56:26 AM »

^ Aww, I love graphic tees and I used to wear colored cordoroys as a teen. And I still wear Converse shoes! ;)
Speaking of Converse shoes, there was a 'rumor' that they were going to make a pair of Beatle Converse. I was so excited because I had bought the limited edition Pink Floyd's, so I thought the idea of the Beatles were awesome! But now they said they won't, or it's on hold, or something.  :-\

So this week I'm going to the store, buying the old school Converse and then sticking the Beatles logo over the Converse one!  ;D It'll do until they make an official pair.  ha2ha

I look from the wings of the play you are staging. As I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging. While my guitar gently weeps.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #1151 on: January 08, 2010, 07:57:13 AM »

^it's cool, I hardly ever get to rant to anyone about this issue. My friends don't complain about this, most of them don't have this issue anyways.  :P I get what your saying about being taken seriously, it's annoying to say the least.

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #1152 on: January 09, 2010, 03:51:59 AM »

-You know you're a fan when you look at the 'Top 25 played songs on your ipod' list, and everything in it is The Beatles except for 2 Thenewno2 songs and 1 RHCP song.
(Eleanor Rigby is #1! I apparently listened to it 102 times, and I still love it)

George does not approve.

MissMcCartney

• A Beginning
  • And I Love Him ... ^^^^
« Reply #1153 on: January 09, 2010, 07:07:45 AM »

-You know you're a fan when you look at the 'Top 25 played songs on your ipod' list, and everything in it is The Beatles except for 2 Thenewno2 songs and 1 RHCP song.
(Eleanor Rigby is #1! I apparently listened to it 102 times, and I still love it)

Ahaha, well done :)
On mine ... "I Will" is number one, played 72 times - it's my favourite song. Coming in at second and third are "If I Fell" played 37 times and "And I Love Her" played 29. Notice how all these songs are by Paul? :p
;x ;x Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul x; x;

Oomu

• Getting Better
  • It's always the quiet ones.
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1154 on: January 09, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »

Ahaha, well done :)
On mine ... "I Will" is number one, played 72 times - it's my favourite song. Coming in at second and third are "If I Fell" played 37 times and "And I Love Her" played 29. Notice how all these songs are by Paul? :p

"If I Fell" is by John. ;)

At the moment my most played is "That's What It Takes" by George, with "Art of Dying" and "Wilbury Twist" close behind... but I just redid my iTunes so it's different than it was before.

Also, you know you're a fan when you spend 12 bucks to change your brother's XBox Live gamertag from "Chief Spartan 25" to "ynotringo" because you're sick of Beatles Rock Band players thinking you like Halo...  ;D

MrsHarrison

• A Beginning
« Reply #1155 on: January 09, 2010, 09:24:46 AM »

Also, you know you're a fan when you spend 12 bucks to change your brother's XBox Live gamertag from "Chief Spartan 25" to "ynotringo" because you're sick of Beatles Rock Band players thinking you like Halo...  ;D
Oh god, I've been there. I changed my gamertag to Art 0f Dying, and previously I had maybe three other gamertags, so I wasted a lot of money on XBL.  ha2ha

You know you're a fan when you beg your mother for money just so you can buy a few more posters and a backpack with the Beatles on it, sacrificing the hole you were going to get, reopening your lip piercing.  :P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:27:59 AM by MrsHarrison »

I look from the wings of the play you are staging. As I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging. While my guitar gently weeps.

MrsHarrison

• A Beginning
« Reply #1156 on: January 09, 2010, 09:25:37 AM »

[sorry double post]  ;sorry
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:27:25 AM by MrsHarrison »

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #1157 on: January 09, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »

-When pretty much everyone in school knows you saw Paul McCartney in concert.
-When you were out playing in the snow with your sister, and it reminded you of Help!, so you got your iPod, took out the earphones and put on 'Ticket to Ride' on loudspeaker on constant repeat until the battery ran out. xD

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1158 on: January 09, 2010, 03:24:17 PM »

-When you were out playing in the snow with your sister, and it reminded you of Help!, so you got your iPod, took out the earphones and put on 'Ticket to Ride' on loudspeaker on constant repeat until the battery ran out. xD

That sounds like so much fun! I'm totally doing that next time it snows.

The name's Emily :)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #1159 on: January 09, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »

I like that did you make a mini snowman and put it on your hand and smash it like Ringo did?>
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 98

Page created in 2.057 seconds with 85 queries.