Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 256895 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #1440 on: March 03, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »

You know you're a fan when you can't stand it when people get Beatles facts wrong!! It drives me CRAZY! I am generally a nice person but this is one of my biggest pet peeves EVER!

Today at school, one of my classmates asked me about seeing Paul in concert. He then started to talk to me about the Beatles and he was saying that George Harrison was a great yet underrated guitarist. Then he tried using Blackbird as an example of one of George's best songs. FAIL.

I tried telling him that it was actually Paul's song, and he was like, "Well, Paul wrote the song and it was George doing the guitar work." And I had to shush him (he wouldn't listen to me) and say that it was Paul's song AND Paul was playing the guitar. I'm not kidding, there's a Beatles-era video out there of Paul playing this piece in the studio.

I wonder if I made the guy mad...he thought we were arguing?...but then again, he also thought that the Beatles played at the Hollywood Bowl in 1962. Fail fail fail!

Yes, clearly I have nothing better to do. :P
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1441 on: March 03, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »

You know you're a fan when you can't stand it when people get Beatles facts wrong!! It drives me CRAZY! I am generally a nice person but this is one of my biggest pet peeves EVER!

Today at school, one of my classmates asked me about seeing Paul in concert. He then started to talk to me about the Beatles and he was saying that George Harrison was a great yet underrated guitarist. Then he tried using Blackbird as an example of one of George's best songs. FAIL.

I tried telling him that it was actually Paul's song, and he was like, "Well, Paul wrote the song and it was George doing the guitar work." And I had to shush him (he wouldn't listen to me) and say that it was Paul's song AND Paul was playing the guitar. I'm not kidding, there's a Beatles-era video out there of Paul playing this piece in the studio.

I wonder if I made the guy mad...he thought we were arguing?...but then again, he also thought that the Beatles played at the Hollywood Bowl in 1962. Fail fail fail!

Yes, clearly I have nothing better to do. :P

Not to worry, I feel your pain. People NEVER believe me when I point out which songs Paul played lead guitar or drums on.

The name's Emily :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1442 on: March 03, 2010, 10:41:49 PM »

Not to worry, I feel your pain. People NEVER believe me when I point out which songs Paul played lead guitar or drums on.

Thank you, IW. During my conversation with that guy, I thought it would be best not to bring up the fact that Paul did the lead guitar work for the riff on Taxman as well... Anyway, he just doesn't seem to like Paul, but hell, no one does.  >:( (Sorry, I'm just in a "mood" today.)

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #1443 on: March 04, 2010, 01:01:15 AM »

You know you're a fan when you get shocked at your friend for buying "Hey Jude" on her MP3, because she claimed it was The Beatles when it was just a cover band. She's the only Beatle fan friend I have, I better start lending my albums.  :P

George does not approve.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #1444 on: March 04, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »

I also HATE it when people get things about The Beatles wrong.  We have this stupid lecturer at university and she claims to "love" The Beatles, but then gets loads of things about them wrong.  She thought Paul wrote "Here Comes The Sun", and she said that John was only capable of writing hard rock songs (erm...  JULIA, for a start?) and Paul was only capable of writing soppy love songs (I do believe I'M DOWN will have something to say about that!).  Once I showed her the chord sequence to the verses of "Dig A Pony", and she picked one chord out and said "John Lennon wasn't very good at music, so he didn't mean to put this chord, he just didn't know any better.  I think he meant to do this instead, it would make a lot more sense.  But then again, John wouldn't have known that because he didn't really know anything."  She also talked about how The Beatles were one of the first bands to incorporate Indian influences into popular music, and played "Norwegian Wood", but the version she played was a crap cover band covering The Beatles really badly, and she couldn't tell that it wasn't The Beatles!  I hate how she flounces around saying she loves a band so much and claims to know so much about them, and then just either gets everything wrong about them, or gives an opinion that completely contradicts what she's just said.  She's such a DICK!!!  *Rant over*   2ch

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1445 on: March 04, 2010, 03:37:29 AM »

Thank you, IW. During my conversation with that guy, I thought it would be best not to bring up the fact that Paul did the lead guitar work for the riff on Taxman as well... Anyway, he just doesn't seem to like Paul, but hell, no one does.  >:( (Sorry, I'm just in a "mood" today.)

Once more, I feel your pain girl

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #1446 on: March 04, 2010, 04:51:05 AM »

JGD, I think we need to start our own Beatles school. We have to stop the spread of misinformation! Your teacher sounds shameful. :P

Once more, I feel your pain girl

Yup, I know you share my frustration. *sigh* :(

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1447 on: March 04, 2010, 05:53:07 PM »

JGD, I think we need to start our own Beatles school. We have to stop the spread of misinformation! Your teacher sounds shameful. :P

That definitely needs to happen!  :P
Oh, and I've got another one.  You know you're a Beatles fan when you get ultra annoyed because people at your university think that The Beatles put on fake Liverpool accents in all their songs and interviews.  I swear to god...  they're from bloody Liverpool, they WERE Scousers!  Why would they put on a fake accent?  I've never understood that.   >:(

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #1448 on: March 04, 2010, 09:07:15 PM »

I suppose you're a fan when every time you thumb through the Anthology (book) you think of buying a second copy with the plan of decomposeing it into the idividual sheets and repaper your whole house with them  ;D
I could never destroy a book most likely, but that that idea has crossed my mind several times.  :P You'd have nice pictures everywhere and always something intresting to read, would'nt you ? ha2ha
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #1449 on: March 05, 2010, 01:58:54 AM »

I'm not sure what makes you more of a fan. Having to listen to the Abbey Road medleys in the exact order or else you'll freak out, or having the ability to listen to the Abbey Road medleys on shuffle because you know the exact order already?

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1450 on: March 05, 2010, 02:31:45 AM »

I think not being able to listen to the medley out of order is more fan-like.  I literally cannot listen to ANY Beatles album in a random order, it HAS to be start to finish.  I pretty much can't stop in the middle of an album either.  My friend was listening to With The Beatles and he started on Please Mister Postman and then let it bounce around the whole album at free will...  I was going crazy!   :-\

xxx

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #1451 on: March 05, 2010, 03:43:56 AM »

You know you're a fan when you're at a restaurant, and 'Give Me Love (Peace on Earth)' comes on right as your family is about to leave. I tried to stall them by claiming that I needed to finish my soda.  ;D

George does not approve.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1452 on: March 05, 2010, 04:12:56 AM »

When you get all tacky about people getting the facts wrong:

My Sweet Lord came on and my ex tells me "Oh its the Beatles", and the music was rather quiet so it took me time to hear and I did not recognize the tune so I say "really?" and he says "arent you suppose to be a Beatles fan?" and then it hit me so I say "That's not the beatles! That's George Harrison!" and he says "Whats the difference?" I just rolled my eyes

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1453 on: March 05, 2010, 04:18:29 AM »

When...
You intend to play rock band (Beatles rock band, but still) for an hour and then watch the new Project Runway, but you don’t because A Hard Day’s Night is on TV and even though you’ve seen it a billion times and know every line…

You watch it anyway :D

(Plus, it’s the first time I watched it on the BIG screen TV and I was DYING of Paul fangirlness)

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #1454 on: March 06, 2010, 12:20:01 AM »

^ *is still being so jealous*

you know you're a fan when you can name when and where you were the last time you heard just about any Beatles song.
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #1455 on: March 06, 2010, 12:39:30 AM »

You know you're a fan when you're at a restaurant, and 'Give Me Love (Peace on Earth)' comes on right as your family is about to leave. I tried to stall them by claiming that I needed to finish my soda.  ;D

Ha Ha I remember on holiday last year was leaving a grocery shop with my parents & 9 Dream came on I wanted to stay but had to go.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #1456 on: March 06, 2010, 02:42:49 AM »

You know you're a Beatles fan when you're playing "Mother Nature's Son" on guitar, and the intro isn't complete unless you tap three times on the body of the guitar, mimicking the bass drum on the record.  I always do that.  :D

xxx

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #1457 on: March 07, 2010, 11:25:59 PM »

When:
Youre on an outting with a friend and youre singing  outloud " you never give me your money"  because your bored and your waiting for a cannoe race to start. Then you move more towards your friend and her mom and then behind you, you hear someone humming the song and you think you might be going crazy but you sing along anyways. Then one more voice adds to it and you turn around see these cool "hippie" men and you jus smile and feel so happy that finally you've found BEATLE PPL !!

We bumped into them at another place near by where the race was finishing and as they passed the started singing again!!
I just love random beatle moments! ;D
I Me Mine.

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #1458 on: March 08, 2010, 03:45:06 AM »

When at the Oscars when they did the tribute to the people who passed away, James Taylor sung "In My Life" you pretty much spazzed out.

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #1459 on: March 08, 2010, 05:23:20 AM »

^ YES!
I Me Mine.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 98

Page created in 1.044 seconds with 83 queries.