Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Was John Lennon's Murder Part Of A Plot?  (Read 2679 times)

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
Was John Lennon's Murder Part Of A Plot?
« on: August 16, 2006, 09:08:24 PM »

I found this articel and since there are some theories about Johns assassination, what's your opinion?

"We all know John Lennon was shot to death the night of December 8, 1980 outside of his New York City apartment, the victim of a deranged man. But was the killer, as some have suggested, part of a right-wing plot to permanently silence the politically-radical ex-Beatle?

All of us, Beatle fans or not, can remember where we were when we first heard the news that Lennon had been gunned down.

Lennon had recently turned 40 and had released a new album

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
Re: Was John Lennon's Murder Part Of A Plot?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:21:37 AM »

i came up with a conspiricy on here awhile ago about this

http://dmbeatles.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b-cc/m-1138417924/

"like this one of mine involving John, Paul, Faul, MDC, Yoko, JFK, Oswald, Jack Ruby and the CIA  :

the CIA hired paul and oswald to shoot the governor of texas, but they missed and hit JFK which was supposed to be the assassination attempt in the month after.

so the CIA had oswald capped by Jack Ruby and Paul was killed by John, and replaced with Faul.

but Yoko found out about Faul, so she was about to spill the beans and Faul tried to get rid of her and had MDC go after Yoko in an elaborate scheme and after a miss shot, killed John.

so since he knew he couldnt get away from Faul, gave up and spends his life in jail. this is why Yoko and Faul are always at eachother's throats because Faul's secret is known but she doesnt realize that everyone is a terrible shot."
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »

I don't believe it was a plot... Just one crazy guy, nothing more.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 09:42:54 AM »

John was hardly 'radical' and certainly in no way a threat to the FBI or national security... In all honesty, I think John's political activism was hardly anything more than an image thing.

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 12:28:06 PM »

No.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:55:08 PM »

Quote from: SallyG
No.

ditto
don't follow leaders

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 09:29:15 PM »

Yes. I've always been positive that it was so.

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 09:28:23 AM »

hmmm....so it stays undissolved just like JFK's assassination?
Is Mark Chapman really just insane, or is there more to it? After I read some of this:
Rethinking JL's Assassination I think this case is very interesting.

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 12:29:54 PM »

There was no right wing plot to kill John since it was just a crazed fan looking for attention, but there is a radical left wing plot going on to make Bush the bad guy & Bin Laden the good guy.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 12:41:05 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
There was no right wing plot to kill John since it was just a crazed fan looking for attention, but there is a radical left wing plot going on to make Bush the bad guy & Bin Laden the good guy.

Wayne, come on, be real. Have you ever heard anyone who wasn't a radical Muslim say anything positive about Bin Laden? I doubt it. I sure haven't. It's impossible to see whatever Bin Laden did as something positive unless you agree with his religious beliefs.

Wayne L.

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 04:06:31 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power

Wayne, come on, be real. Have you ever heard anyone who wasn't a radical Muslim say anything positive about Bin Laden? I doubt it. I sure haven't. It's impossible to see whatever Bin Laden did as something positive unless you agree with his religious beliefs.

I'm not a conspiracy nut at all, but the far out left wing is predictable & the kook fringe think Bush is worse than Bin Laden.  

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »

Still think it's an interesting case - John's assassination that is. Whoops and we're back to topic here. ;)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 01:29:19 AM »

curse you kate. i wanted to debate politics with wayne, being the "far-left nutjob" that i am.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 01:45:58 AM »

Somedude, I'd forgotten our Faul musings.  But I think you've nailed it on the head.  Sherlock Holmes (or James Elroy) couldn't have explained it any better.  I'm still wondering about the Johnny Unitas angle.  There's something sinister about those flattop Beatles.  

http://dmbeatles.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b-cc/m-1154351847/s-45/

Wayne L.

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 11:53:08 AM »

You admit far out liberal whackos are far left nutjobs like yourself somedude210?  It was just a crazy fan with no life that killed John back in 80 & far out liberal whackos speak for themselves with their laughable rhetoric.  

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 02:20:27 PM »

It was timing, circumstance and whatever. MDC met him twice that day. He could have beefed John earlier. Why would he care if there were others around that day? He was on "a mission'. Even at 10:50 ET, he was leaning against the geraniums. There was speculation that he and f***nut were going to be part of a rally a few weeks later, but so what? 1968 was long over, and that's what got him in trouble. By 1980, 'radical' gatherings and 'happenings' didn't have the weight they used to. Just like Unions, etc..

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 04:08:43 PM »

wayne, my faul conspiricy was just a joke that managed to tie in all the major conspiricies  of the time. it was just a joke. i realize that it was just a crazed fan.

wayne, cant you blame something or someone for being themselves and not "liberal wackos"

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 07:02:23 PM »

Quote from: Kate
hmmm....so it stays undissolved just like JFK's assassination?
Is Mark Chapman really just insane, or is there more to it? After I read some of this:
Rethinking JL's Assassination I think this case is very interesting.

"So it stays undissolved..." What does that mean? Unresolved? Or that MDC doesn't mix well with water???  "Nixon is pictured in our gallery photos with Elvis Presley (who also hated Lennon and the Beatles for stealing the rock n

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 69 queries.