Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo Storytellers VH1  (Read 2251 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Ringo Storytellers VH1
« on: September 05, 2007, 04:19:26 AM »

If you have VH1 Classic, they're playing Ringo's Storyteller episode tonight. 10:30 pacific time. Right now they're playing that horrible John Lennon In His Life movie. They've been playing Lennon stuff all month on VH1 it seems. Anyway here's what the Ringo thing says:

Ringo Starr in a performance that features his solo hits, the songs he wrote for the Beatles, and material from his release, "Vertical Man." Also, Starr talks about his work. Songs include, "Photograph," "Back Off Boogaloo," "It Don't Come Easy," "Love Me Do."

Sounds interesting. Don't know if you guys already saw it though. I haven't.

BTW, this guy playing Lennon is doing the worst Lennon impression since Yellow Submarine. Sheesh. I need to turn the channel.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Ringo Storytellers VH1
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 08:45:54 AM »

The Storytellers episode is good. You'll enjoy it a lot.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:05:07 PM »

I've always loved Storytellers. The Rod Stewart special is a great one.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »

Figures, I missed it! Whenever I turn that channel on, there's nothing on it I want to watch. And then they show all the stuff I want to see when I'm not checking! Bad luck...hopefully it'll be on again soon...
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

awc1967

• A Beginning
  • arrive without travelling
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »

I  remember when this originally aired back in 1998, it was such a big thing, since vertical man is one of ringo's finest studio albums.
The funniest scene was ringo telling of how , with a little help, originally had the line, would you throw a tomato at me.
Ringo was in fine form with the round heads, i really loved the cd release of the show, much better than any of his allstarr band live albums.
I  wish they would have released it on dvd, though i did buy the video,the dvd would have had some bonuses not on the video.
last fall they did release the cd of his 2005 soundstage performance, but it lacked the energy of the vh1 storytellers show.
I especially loved the live video of, king of broken hearts, though on vertical man, it features the guitar of the great george harrison.
 :)

I've got a feeling,I think that everybody knows

Out Of Me Head

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:48:35 PM »

Someone once told me that Vertical man only ever sold 800 copies on release. That can't be true can it? Anyone know the figures?

Page created in 0.48 seconds with 54 queries.