Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Converting friends into Beatlemania stories  (Read 896 times)

Lostio

• Getting Better
Converting friends into Beatlemania stories
« on: May 02, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »

Talk here about stories of having turned friends of yours into Beatles fans or the plans you have for turning someone into a fan.

I, myself, was pretty surprised at the way I convinced a friend of mine.

I just invited him to my house. :P

When he arrived, he wanted to use my computer. As fate may have it, the Magical Mystery Tour album was there and he wanted to hear some music. As he opened Windows Media Player, the songs of the album were listed there, since I was hearing the album before. He chose Hello Goodbye and loved it.

He decided to hear the entire album after that, but he still mantains his opinion that his favorite Beatles song is Hello Goodbye, at least out of that album.

When he got home, he downloaded a few more songs and started to like more. He then asked me to borrow him some albums, and he started to enjoy the Beatles a lot.

I am surprised however as he seems to dislike a bit the more famous songs. For example, he said Hey Jude isn't a good song at all. I didn't bother to start an argument, because he seemed to really enjoy some of the less known songs, especially Hello Goodbye. Which was enough for me, since he began liking the Beatles.

And I had a great sense of victory after that. :)

How about you guys?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
Re: Converting friends into Beatlemania stories
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 04:39:09 AM »

great topic, my friend knows alot of beatle songs, but I cant say hes actually a big fan....his fav band is metallica, and everytime I play beatle songs in the car, he enjoys them ( like In My Life, Back In The USSR, Come Together, Ive Got A Feeling, Two of Us, Im Looking through you, I am the walrus)

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Converting friends into Beatlemania stories
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 05:03:23 AM »

I've converted so many its hard to say. Probably my good friend Eric. He and I hung out in college and he was a huge Van Halen/Journey lover (guitar player so what do ya expect) and after many doobs and party eveings, he saw the light. This guys Beatle collection of stuff is incredible right now. One day i'll post some pics.

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 43 queries.