Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: complete song versions list?  (Read 1689 times)

RunningMonk

• One And One Is Two
complete song versions list?
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:05:19 AM »

hello all. i'm new here. first post. blah blah blah. i've finally decided to try and get the beatle bootlegs that are floating around out there (well, digital copies of them at least). but it seems like there's so many different boots with different tracklistings. so, i was wondering if there's a list somewhere of the different takes of the beatles' songs so that i could just get the ones that i need from the boots that have them, until i have a complete collection. i know that wikipedia had a pretty good list, but i'm unaware if that's complete or not. i understand that the Get Back sessions is a completely different animal, so i'm gonna save figuring all of that out once i've completed the other albums and sessions. any help would be appreciated!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: complete song versions list?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »

i don't think anyone has compiled a complete list...you should try to get what you want first and then get the lesser wanted ones....

RunningMonk

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 04:12:36 AM »

wow. i'm surprised someone hasn't at least tried to make a list. perhaps i'll try to make one on my quest to compile all of the official takes, mixes, and demos out there. thanks for the reply!

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 01:36:28 PM »

wow that is quite a feat....there must be a thousand get back takes....good luck with that...there is a list here....
http://www.triskelion-ltd.com/beatlesj.html

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 01:47:30 PM »

oh and welcome to the forums....where we hope you can learn as well as teach....

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »

Search for 'The Come Together Project'.

RunningMonk

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 06:48:48 AM »

i do believe The Come Together Project is just the kind of thing i was looking for. very exciting stuff. seems it's been worked on for two years (more or less) now. i wonder if there's any end in sight.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »

Quote from: 1108
i do believe The Come Together Project is just the kind of thing i was looking for. very exciting stuff. seems it's been worked on for two years (more or less) now. i wonder if there's any end in sight.

TCTP, as far as I can see, seems to have stagnated a bit of late. It's a terrific idea, but a truly monstrous project. From what I can see - and from all good intentions - there seem to be too many people involved, so that instead of everyone working towards the same common goal, they're all working towards a different one. Of all the work that has been done so far it seems that not a single chapter has yet been completed, and I fear that indifference will eventually get the better of it. I wouldn't hold your breath that it will ever be completed.

In the meantime, an extremely good resource is the 'Purple Chick Deluxe' series. You can find out more about them here:

http://x3mkungen.mine.nu/wogev/beatles/pc/index.html

These include a set for each official UK release, in mono and stereo, and with outtakes, all from the best quality sources available.

I have been uploading them to the Bootleg Forum here, but you need to have 250 posts to get in to that. However you can start downloading them from my blog - 6plus3 - by clicking on the image in my signature.

To compliment the Purple Chick Deluxe series, Lazy Tortoise have been issuing a series of documentary style CD's, containing interviews, and live material. The collection currently stands at 27 volumes, some single CD's, and some up to 8 CD's. You can also start downloading these from my blog.

Hope this helps, and remember to say hi if you pop by the blog.

Paul.

RunningMonk

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »

i actually started downloading the Purple Chick series from your blog before i even posted here!  ;D thanks a ton for putting those up. it's actually what got me started on wanting to finally delve into the beatles' studio outtakes.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 06:57:15 PM »

Quote from: 1108
i actually started downloading the Purple Chick series from your blog before i even posted here!  ;D thanks a ton for putting those up. it's actually what got me started on wanting to finally delve into the beatles' studio outtakes.

Excellent. The links work!! Please ask, if you need any more advice.

Paul.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 12:28:50 AM »

RunningMonk, if you're still around, this is the thing for you:

The Beatles Recording Timeline
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mdcarey/timeline.htm

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 54 queries.