Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Led Zep Audition For New Singer  (Read 2194 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: Led Zep Audition For New Singer
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 12:05:57 PM »

^ The problem is that Plant is tied into another album with Alison Krauss, followed by a tour. As well as the fact that he's moved on and never really wanted to go back to Zep. Page has never really had much of a career outside of Zeppelin, it's his life, but not Plants'. Page may tour without him and still call it Led Zeppelin, because it'll be the difference between playing stadia, or playing to 20,000 indoors.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »

led zepplin died when bonzo did.......r i p fellas......

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 02:07:48 PM »

Quote from: 483
^ The problem is that Plant is tied into another album with Alison Krauss, followed by a tour. As well as the fact that he's moved on and never really wanted to go back to Zep. Page has never really had much of a career outside of Zeppelin, it's his life, but not Plants'. Page may tour without him and still call it Led Zeppelin, because it'll be the difference between playing stadia, or playing to 20,000 indoors.

Plant has moved on from Zeppelin, but it's unfortunate.  From what I've heard of his stuff with Alison Krauss (some of it's been on the DVD at work) it is an epic FAIL in comparison to something like Led Zeppelin IV.
Robert Plant has played here a couple of times and one of my friends has gone to see him he did some Zeppelin stuff but focused mainly on his own work.  I don't really know if that was a good idea, but I guess artistic integrity rather > playing songs from your past.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

BlueMeanie

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 02:19:08 PM »

Quote from: 1447

Plant has moved on from Zeppelin, but it's unfortunate.  From what I've heard of his stuff with Alison Krauss (some of it's been on the DVD at work) it is an epic FAIL in comparison to something like Led Zeppelin IV.
Robert Plant has played here a couple of times and one of my friends has gone to see him he did some Zeppelin stuff but focused mainly on his own work.  I don't really know if that was a good idea, but I guess artistic integrity rather > playing songs from your past.

It's a good thing that he concentrates on the present rather than the past. I've seen him live a couple of times, and yes he does 2 or 3 Zep songs, but that's it. And his stuff with Alison Krauss is not an epic failure, it has been critically acclaimed and sold out venues wherever they've played. I'd say that was a roaring success. Why should he do something that sounds like Zeppelin IV? That's probably the main reason he won't do Zeppelin, because Page is so stuck in the past.

People on here critisize McCartney for playing too many Beatles songs and not enough from his solo career. So why should it be any different for Plant? I say leave well alone, you can't recreate the past.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »

I guess so.  I just didn't like what I heard off of that album, the again, it was up to Sport Chek to determine what when on there  :-/  I guess I should just keep my mouth shut if I don't know what I'm talking about.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

BlueMeanie

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 02:25:25 PM »

Quote from: 1447
I guess so.  I just didn't like what I heard off of that album, the again, it was up to Sport Chek to determine what when on there  :-/  I guess I should just keep my mouth shut if I don't know what I'm talking about.

No, don't do that!!!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »

I am eager to see and hear Led Zep, and I don`t mind what they are called. I would also like them to sing some new songs if they have any. But i won`t go to listen to Plant singing any folk songs with that woman. I`ve heard some on VH-1 and I can`t say I like them. The fact is that his voice is not as good as it used to be. That is why he has taken to singing with some ladies and stears clear of rock. Maybe it`s wise of him.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.638 seconds with 46 queries.