Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Every one says Paul could be just as cruel ...  (Read 4459 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Every one says Paul could be just as cruel ...
« on: September 17, 2007, 10:29:44 PM »

... but I've never actually read any specific examples. Are there loads of example, like with John?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: Every one says Paul could be just as cruel ...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:34:35 AM »

wel there is the whole Paul-Heather case. He was abusive towards her and her daughter, allegedly.

When you say cruel, you mean cruel to women (like John) or cruel to people in general (like John)?

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

The walrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:37:58 AM »

woah John wasn't so cruel, really.

&quot;We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.&quot; <br />- Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 04:45:09 AM »

Quote from: 696
woah John wasn't so cruel, really.

He was cruel to those closest to him. Mal Evans, Cynthia, Julian, the other three band members, George Martin, Brian Epstien etc. Don't let his saintly image fool you because its just a Facade people have created for him when he died.

The walrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 06:51:40 AM »

Quote from: 403

He was cruel to those closest to him. Mal Evans, Cynthia, Julian, the other three band members, George Martin, Brian Epstien etc. Don't let his saintly image fool you because its just a Facade people have created for him when he died.

I know alot about John. I know he wasn't perfect. he had flaws, everyone does. no one is a saint.

but there was also a very generous and loving side of him aswell and there are so many other good qualities about him. he wasn't all bad and I choose to believe that he did have good in him. if you don't want to then thats your problem.

Would you want to be remembered for your bad side or you good side? I'm just sick of fans putting him down because he wasn't a 'saint' . there are worst then him. geez.

If people want to believe that the Beatles were perfect squeaky clean saints then let them, the beatles are a fantasy to us fans. we make assumtions about them when we read books, stuff online, listen to their music, look at pictures etc. It's what fans do. only the one's closest to them truelly know them.

sorry, just felt then need to defend my lovely Johnny.
&quot;We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.&quot; <br />- Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 07:06:11 AM »

Don't forget they were  " Scally Lads " in some ways ? London and mixing with posh people brought about the change in them ?

DaveRam :)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:32:06 AM »

Walrus, I didnt mean to make such a meanie out of John (I wouldnt do it to the man- we are quite alike when it comes to John  ;)). But put it this way, there are more evidence of John being not-very-nice to people than the other Beatles.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »

HI All -

Just trying to keep the thread a little bit on topic ... I really did want to know why Paul had such a reputation - whether there were specific examples like with John, or it's just urban Beatles' legend.

I am not dissing John in any way with this post (probably my favorite Beatle), or even Paul ... just looking to see what you real Beatles experts might have read -

Thanks!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 02:19:46 PM »

Did not Paul said something cruel to Brian Epstein about money and The Rolling Stones in an elevator in the mid 60?
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 02:21:59 PM »

You will find many quotes from people who have known or worked with Paul who point out his less than desirable characteristics. Ex Wings members are a good start.
But I have never heard of him described as cruel ( I will stick my kneck out and say that's John's department, despite what the Lennonphiles wish to believe. Paul had his own, unique way of being unpleasant). Cold, distant, tight- fisted, businesslike, hard-to-know, callous, domineering......but I can't recall cruel.

I would point out that none of us would stand out too brightly under such scrutiny. Everyone has faults. Theirs are more glaring because  we expect greater things from our heroes.
don't follow leaders

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »

Quote from: 185
I would point out that none of us would stand out too brightly under such scrutiny. Everyone has faults. Theirs are more glaring because  we expect greater things from our heroes.

Yeah, I agree with that.

They all have faults like all of us, it's just that sometimes we wish that it wasn't true that they did because we want our heroes to be perfect. The thing is that they're people too, and people aren't perfect.

But, I think Paul and the rest of them are overall great people who set a great example for their admirers.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 10:04:35 PM »

Paul (among other ppl), was famously cruel to Yoko--but not just in the well-documented White Album days, but even as late as 1980 w/ the song "Frozen Jap" on the McCartney II solo LP

but happy to say they've both long-since buried the hatchet.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 12:30:28 AM »

Quote from: 829
Paul (among other ppl), was famously cruel to Yoko--but not just in the well-documented White Album days, but even as late as 1980 w/ the song "Frozen Jap" on the McCartney II solo LP.

i think that Frozen Jap was something to do with the drug bust-up he had in 1980 in Japan!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 02:01:18 AM »

Quote from: 614

i think that Frozen Jap was something to do with the drug bust-up he had in 1980 in Japan!

I read somewhere it had a dual meaning (because of the singular "jap") !!  :D

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 02:03:19 AM »

Paul was cruel to Allen Klein !!  HAHAHAHA      I don't blame him  :D

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 03:55:40 AM »

Quote from: 829
Paul was cruel to Allen Klein !!  HAHAHAHA      I don't blame him  :D

Why, Mean Mr. Mustard, how mean! Poor Allen cried himself to sleep every night...

True story: Did you see The Rutles movie? There's a scene where the fake Allen Klein (John Belushi as Ron Decline) is having a sincere, loving talk... and it turns out to be with himself in the mirror. Sometime later Allen Klein (the real one) asked Eric Idle (the author), "How did you know I did that?"  :o ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 04:02:19 AM »

I loved  the entire python "Rutles" project. I bought their LP ages ago...lost it. Need to find it again.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 04:57:05 AM »

Quote from: 596
Walrus, I didnt mean to make such a meanie out of John (I wouldnt do it to the man- we are quite alike when it comes to John  ;)). But put it this way, there are more evidence of John being not-very-nice to people than the other Beatles.

I don't think John was mean for the sake of Being mean, he was no Spiteful bastard(in my opinion). I think he had mental issues. I wonder what he might've been diagnosed w/ today had he lived in this era instead. ;)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 09:28:46 PM »

Quote from: 36
I think he had mental issues. I wonder what he might've been diagnosed w/ today had he lived in this era instead. ;)

Oi! As I said before, most people who had a bad childhood will be err... meanies. Its all how you've been brought... blame the parents. *I'm going too far with this, arent I?*

The walrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 04:57:38 PM »

I read somewhere that Paul was once cruel to his step sister when his ego got in the way.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 88 queries.