Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Macca plays Albert Hall  (Read 932 times)

BlueMeanie

Macca plays Albert Hall
« on: October 16, 2009, 09:17:39 AM »

Sir Paul McCartney is to join a host of stars including Take That, Lily Allen and Muse for a one-off charity concert for Children in Need next month.

Dame Shirley Bassey, Leona Lewis, Dizzee Rascal and Snow Patrol are also on the line-up for the show, organised by Take That's Gary Barlow.

Radio 1's Chris Moyles will host the show at London's Royal Albert Hall on 12 November.
Tickets for the concert, priced £50 - £100 will be allocated by ballot.
Announcing the line-up on his Radio 2 show, Sir Terry Wogan said: "This concert is helping to make a really special year for Children In Need".

'Night to remember'

Barlow had been due to make the announcement on Friday morning, but cancelled due to a family bereavement.
"Our sympathies are with you Gary and thank you for all you're doing on Children In Need," Sir Terry added.
The Take That singer had earlier said: "I've always wanted to do something like this and I can promise a night to remember, a night that will, I hope, play a small part in changing the lives of disadvantaged children across the UK."
Presenter Fearne Cotton, actor James Corden and Sir Terry will also be on hand at the show to help introduce the stars onto the stage.

Fans will have a chance to buy a maximum of two tickets by registering their details on the Children in Need website between 0700 BST Friday 16 October until 1200 BST on Tuesday 20 October.
They will be allocated through a ballot and successful applicants, drawn at random, will be notified by email the following day.

The show will be broadcast on BBC One in the weekend before the main Children in Need appeal on 20 November. Highlights will be aired on Radio 2 on Thursday, 19 November at 2000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8309448.stm

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Macca plays Albert Hall
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:29:01 PM »

Now they'll know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Page created in 0.447 seconds with 37 queries.