Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sour milk Sea  (Read 2098 times)

Sour milk Sea
« on: December 18, 2004, 03:30:53 PM »

Does anyone know wher i can find the Jackie Lomax version of George's "sour milk sea"  i really like the song and it would be much appreciated...

Paperbackwriter

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles Forever
Re: Sour milk Sea
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 04:17:31 PM »

You can find it on the first album of Jackie Lomax, called "Is this what you want". Originally released by Apple in 1969, they just rereleased it as a remastered CD with bonus tracks on it. It's a fine album, I played my old vinyl version very often, it's good rock stuff. Musicians on it are George, Eric Clapton, Nicky Hopkins, Paul, Klaus Voorman, Ringo and Jackie Lomax of course.
Listening tips : Little Yellow Pills, The Eagle Laughs At You, Sour Milk Sea
Check out amazon, I'm shure, you'll get it there. The CD release was probably 5 months ago. Buy it, it rocks..........Klaus

Paperbackwriter

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles Forever
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 04:24:18 PM »

I just checked amazon, you can get it there, 16,99

Paperbackwriter

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles Forever
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 04:27:27 PM »

By the way, the album was arranged and produced by George Harrison, you certainly know.

john.k.walker

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 04:48:52 AM »

And George, Paul, Ringo, Eric Clapton, and the late great piano player Nicky Hopkins (who played on "Revolution," and for The Who, The Stones, etc.) all play on the Lomax album. The CD, from the very first round of Apple re-releases in the early 1990's, has a lot of bonus tracks as well.

I am also eternally irritated that the Beatles' own version of this terrific song (from the KINFAUNS rehearsal tape for the White Album) was not included on ANTHOLOGY. along with many, many other omissions, including George's other (inferior) unreleased one from that group, "Circles," which he eventually re-recorded for GONE TROPPO.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 01:54:56 AM »

Is there a decent version with George on lead vocals, apart from the Esher demo? Like the George version of It Don't Come Easy?

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 05:07:50 PM »

Quote from: 366
Is there a decent version with George on lead vocals, apart from the Esher demo? Like the George version of It Don't Come Easy?

I was thinking the same thing.  The Anthology albums didn't have a demo of this, nor did they include any "Esher demos," so far as I know.  

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 08:17:12 PM »

I have most of the rare Lomax material from years ago. It took me a while to track it down. I don't know why more ppl don't know about "Sour Milk Sea" --J.L. had a rare bluesy quality to his voice. He should've become bigger (if it wasn't for the whole Apple debacle, I'm sure he would've) Another great Lomax track I always loved was "Talk To Me".

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »

Quote from: 828

I was thinking the same thing.  The Anthology albums didn't have a demo of this, nor did they include any "Esher demos," so far as I know.  

There were a few Esher demo's. Not sure which, I need to look it up.

Page created in 0.735 seconds with 49 queries.