Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Beatles interview Larry King  (Read 11020 times)

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
Re: Beatles interview Larry King
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 01:03:42 PM »

This smiley is no exaggeration of his smile.  ;D

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2007, 04:21:39 PM »

Quote from: 687
This smiley is no exaggeration of his smile.  ;D
Hee! It's true!!!  ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2007, 12:44:35 AM »

They're replaying it in about 20 minutes. I missed it the first time around. I know it's gonna annoy me. Larry King is such a freak.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2007, 01:09:35 AM »

Oh my God. I've only been watching it for five minutes and I'm already crying. I can't believe Yoko called Paul a magnificent man! She's coming off very likeable so far. They didn't even bring out Ringo and Paul yet. Jeez, I'm really gonna lose it then.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2007, 01:51:47 PM »

I've seen some of the clips on YouTube & it is quite
emotional watching Paul & Ringo together talking bout old times! :'(
Its also interesting that Yoko called it the Beatles Family, havng been
regarded as a witch over the years. & Yoko & Olivia seem to get on
really well!! :o :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2007, 02:39:22 PM »

Yoko & Olivia do seem quite comfortable with each other, which I was glad to see. It must be a female-bonding thing-- that old ex-Beatles wives or widows thing that no one else in the world would be able to understand. :)

I absolutely see the Beatles gang as a family; it seems to operate like a family. You occasionally get p*ssed off and have a hissy fit and then you all get together again and reaffirm your love. I think that's splendid. Cheers!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2007, 06:32:28 PM »

Paul was very affectionate with Ringo. That was cute. Ringo looked cool. He should give Paul fashion tips.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End

BlueMeanie

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 08:38:49 AM »

If anyone in Europe missed this, and is near a TV, it's being repeated in 20 minutes (11:00am CET).

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 11:03:08 AM »

larry king was the biggest mistake cnn made. any swine can interview like that. full of mistakes and he failed to ask any further questions whenever something interesting was being said.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 11:56:55 AM »

Quote from: 360
BitTorrent here: http://torrentspy.com/torrent/1693309/Beatles_Special_Larry_King_27Jne_YeOR

I've checked and this link does work.

I downloaded and watched the show last night (finally!). LK really IS a bad interviewer, isn't he?! Did he even listen to any of the answers he was given - he didn't seem to want to follow any answer up. Perhaps he was stage-struck!

Great to see Paul and Ringo larking about though and that story Paul told about his last visit to George - woooh, VERY moving - I was very close to tears.

Wayne L.

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »

King is one of the worst talk show host, because he's so damn bland, but Paul & Ringo sitting together answering questions was great.  RS looked a little bit more healthier than Macca & he's losing his British accent as well.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2007, 03:37:59 PM »

LK really IS a bad interviewer, isn't he?! Did he even listen to any of the answers he was given - he didn't seem to want to follow any answerup. Perhaps he was stage-struck!
That is a very generous interpretation, TE. Yes, we'll pretend he was simply stage-struck, as opposed to completely unconscious of his guests, their history, and our shared world appreciation for the phenomenon the Beatles were. On the plus side, Larry was totally aware of when he had to go to station break so he could cut anybody off in mid-sentence, and he did manage to shove both his kids at the Beatles so they could say they had met them... whoever they were. Larry had heard somebody mention once that some people liked them.

Paul and Ringo totally saved that interview. There are some lovely moments when the Beatles "family" talks among each other, and that was definitely a joy to see.

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2007, 03:41:06 PM »

Larry King is so awful, it's almost comical.

Quote from: 551
Paul and Ringo totally saved that interview.

Definitely.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2007, 06:19:27 PM »

That is a very generous interpretation, TE. Yes, we'll pretend he was simply stage-struck, as opposed to completely unconscious of his guests, their history, and our shared world appreciation for the phenomenon the Beatles were. On the plus side, Larry was totally aware of when he had to go to station break so he could cut anybody off in mid-sentence, and he did manage to shove both his kids at the Beatles so they could say they had met them... whoever they were. Larry had heard somebody mention once that some people liked them.

Paul and Ringo totally saved that interview. There are some lovely moments when the Beatles "family" talks among each other, and that was definitely a joy to see.

That is absolutely spot-on analysis!

It was awful the way he asked Olivia if she still felt George's presence as she never re-married - Olivia then talks lovingly about George and his music but LK doesn't even acknowledge that she's spoken, in fact he doesn't even nod - and the second she stops speaking he turns to a camera and blurts out "Paul and Ringo will be coming aboard we've got quite a show for you tonight..."!! It's so rude it made me cringe!

Then as Paul is talking about the last moments he spent with George LK cuts in and says "we'll be right back..."! Absolutely unforgivable interviewing! How does this guy keep his job on prime-time TV?!!

What a shame a REAL interviewer didn't get the opportunity to speak to them.

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2007, 06:26:02 PM »

See, this is why there should be age limits on being a talk show host. Once you're that old, your hearing goes (and your mind), so of course you're not going to be aware of these things (like your guests giving out information people want to hear). ::)

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 06:53:31 PM »

He USED to be good then did he?! Obviously I've heard of him but I'd never seen any of his interviews before this one.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »

That is absolutely spot-on analysis!

It was awful the way he asked Olivia if she still felt George's presence as she never re-married - Olivia then talks lovingly about George and his music but LK doesn't even acknowledge that she's spoken, in fact he doesn't even nod - and the second she stops speaking he turns to a camera and blurts out "Paul and Ringo will be coming aboard we've got quite a show for you tonight..."!! It's so rude it made me cringe!

Then as Paul is talking about the last moments he spent with George LK cuts in and says "we'll be right back..."! Absolutely unforgivable interviewing! How does this guy keep his job on prime-time TV?!!

What a shame a REAL interviewer didn't get the opportunity to speak to them.

He does that with EVERYBODY!! It drives me absolutely crazy. He never listens to what anyone is saying. Ever. I swear I've never seen him follow up on a question. He always cuts people off and never gets that what they are saying is interesting cuz he's too busy reading his dumb script. He's just another typical old, gross man with a gold digging wife and spoiled kids. Ick. That's Hollywood for you. He's just beyond creepy. I have no idea why they keep this freak on the air or how he got there in the first place!!!!!!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »

Thanks, The End. That's absolutely how I felt watching it. "So, Paul (Olivia, Ringo, Yoko), share your intimate thoughts on this delicate subject-- and NOW, on to the next segment! In case your emotive sharing was actually getting through to anyone in our viewing audience!"

Quote from: 687
See, this is why there should be age limits on being a talk show host.
I don't think it's age, Flaming Pie. I think he's just naturally an irritant. *points to Sandra's post * joins the Retire Larry King activist network*

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2007, 09:26:12 PM »

* joins the Retire Larry King activist network*

*Camps out to be 2nd in line*

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.956 seconds with 81 queries.