Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Peter Jackson working on new Beatles film  (Read 1490 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Peter Jackson working on new Beatles film
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 10:38:10 PM »

^^^^

That's hidden behind a paywall, but from what I could read in the first paragraph, it sounds exciting.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 12:51:31 AM »

That's hidden behind a paywall, but from what I could read in the first paragraph, it sounds exciting.

As I tend to, I posted too quickly. I found the article on another site.

Thanks for the heads-up about this, Moogmodule.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 12:52:41 AM »

Peter Jackson won acclaim, and five Emmy nominations, for his exhaustive eight-hour documentary The Beatles: Get Back. But the Lord of the Rings director still has a story to tell about the Fab Four.
The New Zealander has said he is in talks with the surviving members of The Beatles, Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Ringo Starr, about another film. “It’s not really a documentary ... and that’s all I can say,” he told Deadline, an American entertainment website.
“I’m talking to The Beatles about another project, something very, very different from Get Back,” he said. “We’re seeing what the possibilities are, but it’s another project with them.”
Beatles fans around the world were delighted with Get Back, the result of painstakingly combing through 130 hours of audio and 57 hours of unused footage shot by Michael Lindsay-Hogg for his 1970 documentary Let It Be.
Recalling the laborious editing process, Jackson said: “It wasn’t as intense as making three Lord of the Rings back to back, but it was four years with a pandemic in the middle of it all.”
Jackson, 60, said he was heartened by the reception for Get Back, including Emmy nominations for best director and best documentary series. He singled out the film’s editor and sound engineers for particular praise.
“Get Back is all about the sound, and restoring the sound and developing the AI things to separate the musical tracks,” he said.
“We did a lot of groundbreaking work, so it’s really great that the guys who did that work are part of the Emmy nominations. I’m really pleased with that.”
Jackson came up with the idea to separate Lennon’s vocal track on I’ve Got A Feeling so McCartney, 80, could sing along with video of his old bandmate — a performance that thrilled millions watching his Glastonbury set last month. But the director was almost too nervous to suggest it to McCartney.
“I had that idea when I started working on Get Back, four years ago,” Jackson said. “I didn’t mention it to Paul. I thought, ‘Suggesting to Paul that he sing onstage with John, he’s going to think I’m a fanboy geek idiot.’
“Finally, I thought, ‘I’m going to regret this for the rest of my life if I don’t even suggest it.’ I sent him a text. Within 10 minutes he replied to me: ‘Yeah, this is a fantastic idea, let’s go do it.’ Paul was thrilled by it.”
Jackson said that his decision to extend the film to a 468-minute epic was based on what he wanted to see on screen as a Beatles fan. “I delivered a six-and-a-half hour cut earlier, and people thought, ‘It’s a bit long, can you cut it down to six hours?’ Nobody at Disney was particularly enthusiastic about an extended cut.”
He added: “I went rogue, and without telling anybody — Apple Corps, Disney or The Beatles — I decided to put scenes in that we’d pulled out. Nobody knew it was going to be seven and a half hours until we delivered it to them.
“I did it because, as a Beatles fan, there was a lot of material where I’d have felt it was wrong from the point of view of musical history for it to go back into the vault.”

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 04:54:49 AM »

^^^^

Yes I took a months trial subscription to Apple News. In three weeks I won’t be able to read it either  ;D

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 10:45:08 PM »

Yes I took a months trial subscription to Apple News. In three weeks I won’t be able to read it either  ;D

It's only linked through Apple to The Times newspaper (UK) unfortunately The Times is subscription only. (it's my favourite newspaper)
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 09:15:20 AM »

I still haven't watched it! Would you recommend? I think my sister watched it and said it was ok but I also know it's very long (and with age, I grew impatient)...

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 10:21:43 AM »

I still haven't watched it! Would you recommend? I think my sister watched it and said it was ok but I also know it's very long (and with age, I grew impatient)...

Pretty sure the posts on this forum mean most people would recommend.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2023, 10:45:26 AM »

Absolutely - with one condition, as a Beatle fan I could not have others around, talking, interrupting what I was hearing.  I only had me and my dog to watch the first time through- 2nd time and parts I shared with lesser Beatle fans there were others around.

so much gold in the Get Back 8 hours for a big fan. 

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2023, 11:55:49 PM »

Pretty sure the posts on this forum mean most people would recommend.

Ugh; this post, too, came across as unfriendly, which was not my intent.  :(  Please just ignore that one. I really need to post only when I have time to actually think, and not rush.

Get Back is so, so great (well, I thought it was). I'm sure you'd enjoy it, despite the length. I second blmeanie's remarks about watching it without distractions. There's so much to see!

If you do watch it, KE, be sure to visit this thread: https://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=17909.0

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 52 queries.