Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Mark David Chapman: Rehabilitated or Not?  (Read 10037 times)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Mark David Chapman: Rehabilitated or Not?
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2005, 02:07:16 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b

Don't ever give it up. Someone needs to tell cynical old f*ckers like myself to pull our heads in every now and then

You're saying we have to be cynical to live in this world. It's true, I suppose. But, if we take cynicism too far, we just end up losing some of our PMA. It's about balance I suppose. I don't really believe that hippy stuff could somehow save the world; it's just a sentiment really. There are people who put love into practice like people who bend over backwards for charities. But I don't have the chance or skills to do that myself. I won't fool myself into believing wearing a headband will do any good. Sir 'saint' Bob Geldof (He is a Sir now, isn't he?) wasn't a hippy, but he saw what music could do to make love really make a difference. In fact, people do actually care, because they responded to that.
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2005, 02:09:05 PM »

Quote from: raxo
Can I join? Agree with my friends GreenApple and Sandra (wise words, Sandra)

All You Need Is LOVE!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2005, 05:34:27 PM »

Quote from: pc31
i will only say about the mdc thing...an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.... and about the squabbling,you will work it out....

"Eye for an eye will only result in making the whole world blind." -Gandhi
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2005, 08:49:59 PM »

nice quote there  lady........you make alot of sense sometimes...i am becoming a fan of yours.....

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2005, 07:51:01 PM »

He's "INSAINE" and will never be rehabillitated! He must stay in prison and everyday think about who he killed and why! He must grow, old, grey and weak and be prayed upon by fellow inmates who will taunght him till the day he dies!!!!!!!!!!!

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2005, 09:32:13 PM »

but are you saying that because he killed one man, or because he killed JL? emotion has gotten in the way, he killed one man, the only reason why people are caring more then usual, is because it was JL. there's potential that one time killers will be able not to kill unless threatened. as creepy as this sounds, i would actually try and let them out, simply to see if that one time murder will kill again and if he doesnt then he can go. it may seem brutal and crude but we do eventually die, some just more then others. i mean you have to realize that most of these one time killers dont kill for the sake of killing, they were provoked. so if you are against the whole "let them see if they will kill again" idea then dont p*ss them off. in MDC's case, he will probably never kill again because he has killed and is remembered for it. that was his whole goal....well one of them, it tends to change over time. i'm not saying hes not nuts, i'm simply stating that the only murder he will be involved in, is the one that some crazed JL fan will do if he finds MDC on the street
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2005, 11:46:22 PM »

I agree with Somedude.  When I think about all the stuff JL might have done in the past 25 years, it does make you want to throttle the lunatic MDC.  But I don't think his parole should depend on the fact that he killed a famous person.  One person is one person.  Certainly MDC's actions hurt more people in some sense, since many looked up to JL.  But in the eyes of the law JL's still one person.  Now if MDC had tried to assassinate an elected political leader  or someone running for political office, I think it might be different.  This is an assault upon not only a person but an entire governmental system.  Whether John was assassinated or murdered is open to debate, but I think MDC should be considered for parole according to the system as any other murderer.  Getting Jesus after sitting in an 8X10 cell is alot different than living out here in the real world.  I'm afraid there alot of "demons" out here.  Let the parole board et al decide if his conversion's legit.  

And reprieve Tookie too!

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2005, 02:26:29 AM »

hey, someone out there supports an idea of mine! holy crap the world shall end now
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 54 queries.