Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John's Final Autograph Is For Sale  (Read 6283 times)

Wayne L.

John's Final Autograph Is For Sale
« on: April 20, 2004, 04:57:39 PM »

John's final autograph before his untimely death back in 80 I have heard is for sale on a website for a charity which I think is sick to be honest with you, unless you're a hardcore Beatles fan who has everything & wants everything with the Lennon name on it, kind of similiar to this one Beatles fan about 10/15 years ago who got Paul's birth certificate, which I think is ridiculous, but if you're interested in buying John's final autograph(on Double Fantasy) this is for you. 

Re: John's Final Autograph Is For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 05:17:26 PM »

I'd rather have his first one.

:)

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 03:59:39 AM »

How do they know its his last?

Vagabond

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 05:45:52 PM »

I've heard of this. Don't quote me but I believe that the starting price for that autograph is somewhere in the neighborhood of approximately $325,000. I'd heard that the autograph was signed by John and included a quick sketch of both himself and Yoko. This was about 15 minutes before his life was taken away. I don't know for certain that the money won't be used to benefit some Charitable organization. If that's the case then it would make sense to sell it. Otherwise I find that spending so much money on anybody's autograph; (especially under the circumstances surrouning John being killed that day) to be a little bit much. I'll keep an eye out for any new information on this. I'm not saying that the person who intends to buy John's last autograph (whomever that might be) shouldn't; just that it seems a bit creepy. That's just my opinion on that!

bryan

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 01:34:20 AM »

wow i want it

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 05:08:56 AM »

[quote by=bryan link=Blah.pl?b=news,m=1082480259,s=4 date=1084671260]wow i want it
[/quote]

Who wouldn't I bet it's worth like a million dollars.
Adam Priestle

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 05:41:13 PM »

I think a full set of Beatle autographs usually fetches around two to three thousand pounds ($4-6,000), depending what it's actually signed on. A set of autographs on a "Butcher" sleeve might be worth a few quid though!

Vagabond

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 11:08:27 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=news,m=1082480259,s=6 date=1084729273]I think a full set of Beatle autographs usually fetches around two to three thousand pounds ($4-6,000), depending what it's actually signed on. A set of autographs on a "Butcher" sleeve might be worth a few quid though![/quote]

I wonder if there is such a copy out there. A "Butcher" cover signed by the Beatles would be a collectors dream. Bid's start at say...$500.000?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2004, 04:06:39 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=news,m=1082480259,s=6 date=1084729273]I think a full set of Beatle autographs usually fetches around two to three thousand pounds ($4-6,000), depending what it's actually signed on. A set of autographs on a "Butcher" sleeve might be worth a few quid though![/quote]

I used to have a colleague that had a promo copy of Sgt. Pepper with all four autographs on it (her dad used to be an international soccer referee who received the LP as a gift when he had to lead a match of Liverpool FC). She asked me if I thought it was worth anything...  ::) :D

And no, she didn't want to sell it.  :(

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

Ok, I posted this yeserday, but it's gone for some reason, but who and when did this person get he autograph? It certainly couldn't have been outside the Dakota! And why on earth would they give it up?? I wouldn't. I also wouldn't want to buy it though. Too depressing. Didn't Yoko recently put his broken glasses up for auction? I think I remember reading that. Now that's too much.

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 01:53:03 AM »

I saw a butchers cover on ebay (may be fake who knows) starting at $345 which is a steal because its worth $4 on its own I think...

I would NOT want John's last autograph, it seems creepy. Like "Oh yeah, this is the last autograph John signed a few hours before he got shot" just seems kinda macabre if you ask me.

JohnLennon

• One And One Is Two
  • lennon 817
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 09:24:07 PM »

chapman told the door man to hold the last album Lennon ever sighned for him, he said "your gonna want that, it'll be worth something later"

what a sick freak
DAVID PEEL IS REAL

beatlegirl200

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 06:06:35 AM »

According to the July 2004 issue of "Autograph Collector" magazine, signatures of the Beatles "can be purchased for around $3,500.00 if purchased separately, or over $7,000.00 if together."

Obviously this is not including John's autograph on the Double Fantasy album for MDC.

Either way, I still couldn't afford one!

BTW, great Beatles picture on the cover of the magazine as well...

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 05:42:17 AM »

I wouldn't want the last autograph way too spooky.  I never got the idea of collecting autographs.  I think the fun part is getting the autograph from the actual person, the experience of being near them.  I think its the memory of that experience that is special, so paying to buy an autograph you didn't 'get' doesn't make much sense to me.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 05:47:04 AM »

How much would you say a John autographed Milk and Honey LP would go for?

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 12:28:32 PM »

[quote by=TheMasterOfGoingFaster link=Blah.pl?b=news,m=1082480259,s=14 date=1090820824]How much would you say a John autographed Milk and Honey LP would go for?[/quote]

Hmmmm very funny.

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 75 queries.