Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE TEEN IDOL???  (Read 3658 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE TEEN IDOL???
« on: August 04, 2007, 11:37:25 PM »

i'll cop out and say ricky nelson....i dig his music but it was a shame he got branded a teen idol 4ever tho....that happens to a bunch of them tho...who was yourn?

• A Beginning
Re: WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE TEEN IDOL???
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:03:31 AM »

Man, I was a victim of the '70s, when Tiger Beat and the like had poster children like Leif Garett, Scott Baio, and whoever the pimps thought they could create a legend out of in the age of bubblegum and disco.  Of all of those, who I didn't take really seriously, and I'll regret confessing this, is Andy Gibb had a good song or two (can you believe Joe Walsh played on some of his songs?).  Otherwise, I've got to go with the time honoured stuff:  Sinatra, Presley (not a huge fan but have a respect and curiousity about), and most of all, the Fabs.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:36:23 AM »

I always liked Peter Sellers and felt like I could get along with him. I have now identified it as the melodramatic queen in me. I think we all have that sort of sense in us, in a way.

"There is not a real me, I had it removed..."

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 03:57:15 AM »

Quote from: 779
I always liked Peter Sellers and felt like I could get along with him. I have now identified it as the melodramatic queen in me. I think we all have that sort of sense in us, in a way.

"There is not a real me, I had it removed..."

He was brilliant.  Loved the 'Pink Panther' movies, but most of all, 'Being There' as Chauncey Gardener, which was a great rip on our beloved (and mentally ill, inept) Ronald Reagan.

What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 12:40:48 PM »

yeah being there was a great movie.....i love it when shirley was trying to get him to have sex with her and he only wanted to watch seasame street...i like to watch eve!,he told her so she was taking care of herself in front of the t v and he was trying to watch the t v not her..classic....yeah the 70s went overboard with the teen stuff...andy was cool...shawdow dancing comes to mind...

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 12:55:39 PM »

Not to belabor the point, but I used to like "I Just Want to be Your Everything"--cool guitar from Joe Walsh, good hook in there. A 'guilty pleasure' I guess.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 01:08:05 PM »

yeah that was a good song too....i aloso was a teen in the 70s...how about when they said the bay city rollers were the next beatles?????i dug a few of their songs...saturday night was a cool party tune....
was peter a teen idol?or your idol as a teen?
america has always been careful about who they let their youth idolize...b4 elvis i think they let us idolize eisenhower....
no wonder they hate rock and roll it taught us to think for ourselves and not be control....ip s i never bought a paul anka album on purpose....

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 01:43:53 PM »

Peter was never an idol of mine, I was just replying to the "Whoever" post.  In my wildest, I can't consider him a teen idol, though I can picture some satirical cover of Teen Beat with him and the Pink Panther (sexy pix and fax).  Win a date with Pete... Isn't there a Beatle tie-in with Peter Sellers?  'Songs for Swinging Sellers' produced by George Martin?  Something like that.  And of course, the Ringo connection/White Album demos.  Everyone will always be the next Beatles--the Commodores were the Black Beatles, Menudo, New Kids---all a bunch of bull.  But it's the standard, I reckon.

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »

Peter was never an idol of mine, I was just replying to the "Whoever" post.  In my wildest, I can't consider him a teen idol, though I can picture some satirical cover of Teen Beat with him and the Pink Panther (sexy pix and fax).  Win a date with Pete... Isn't there a Beatle tie-in with Peter Sellers?  'Songs for Swinging Sellers' produced by George Martin?  Something like that.  And of course, the Ringo connection/White Album demos.  Everyone will always be the next Beatles--the Commodores were the Black Beatles, Menudo, New Kids---all a bunch of bull.  But it's the standard, I reckon.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 01:53:48 PM »

peter visited the let it be recording sessions...there is film of him and john discussing pot and heroin.....some show he was on in the 60s inspired monty pythons....

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 05:36:09 PM »

Teen Idols...wow...I don't think I had any teen idols as a kid. My sister and cousin (we always spent tons of time together)did. It was the 90's, so it was people like Jonathan Taylor Thomas, and groups like Hanson. Never liked either, but they did(but they will never admit it now) I pretty much always stuck to The Beatles, never had a teen idol really.

Leif Garrett, ;D, I just picture him as Bob in the outsiders!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 09:24:58 AM »

The Partridge Family (esp Susan Dey), The Monkees (esp Pete). I always found David Essex disturbingly cool.
don't follow leaders

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 10:15:51 AM »

Quote from: 284
peter visited the let it be recording sessions...there is film of him and john discussing pot and heroin.....some show he was on in the 60s inspired monty pythons....

Weren't the 'Peter Sellers Tapes' from those that Ringo gave him during the White Album sessions?  I thought so, but I'll have to check.  Got the bootleg somewhere around here.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »

it is on the let it be outtakes....

• A Beginning
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 06:13:10 PM »

Teen idols, actually I never took them seriously, except Andy Gibb in the late 70's who had a few good songs and could sing, by that time I was discovering The Beatles too, I remember becoming heavily interested in their music, then in 80's I became obsessed with Duran Duran but never lost my interest in the Fab 4; and still I listen to Duran Duran although right now I'm very hooked up again with The Beatles.
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »

Apart from the BEATLES..... David Bowie

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 09:22:18 PM »

Quote from: 284
yeah being there was a great movie.....i love it when shirley was trying to get him to have sex with her and he only wanted to watch seasame street...i like to watch eve!,he told her so she was taking care of herself in front of the t v and he was trying to watch the t v not her..classic....yeah the 70s went overboard with the teen stuff...andy was cool...shawdow dancing comes to mind...

That's great, when he's switching the channels and copying everything on the screen. Shirley MacLaine is still cute.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 11:48:50 PM »

David Cassidy.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 08:37:12 AM »

Sigh. Something for everyone . "I think I love you.."
don't follow leaders
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 79 queries.