Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Most Naturally Gifted/Talented Beatle?  (Read 13671 times)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Most Naturally Gifted/Talented Beatle?
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2004, 05:51:17 AM »

Welcome Mattthemod fellow bass player!!!
Thumpin out another Beatle show in December and really lovin it. Back to what Mr. Charlie said about 'She Said' and Paul not playing on it. Stands to reason when you play the bassline because after I read that it springs to mind that it is not a 'typical' Macca bassline... Love playin that intro though! Maybe he played that bit then walked? lol...joke!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

bilyum

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2004, 07:47:31 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1092517016,s=26 date=1092587408]

Paul lost his mother first, and at a younger age than John.

That said, this is another 'best of' poll sort of idea that will never give a concensus.  John was a gifted 'natural' or 'primitive' musician (not talking songwriting here), Paul was obviously more polished and a bit more learned.

John was multi-instrumental as well, and self-taught.  They both really were good at what they did, but Paul would win hands down IF *ONLY* instrument playing ability was considered.  His was a natural gift as well, but he also had an ambition to do and learn more, John had no such burden.

[/quote]

Good post, Mr.Charlie. By the way, I personally would be delighted if whatever hostilities we have had toward one another could be dispensed with, utterly.

John and Paul were obviously the 2 guys who could play acoustic/electric guitars. Keyboards, Drums, bass, whatever needed to be done.

I think Paul McCartney was musically more schooled than any of them. He was after all, one of the guitar players when they still were a 5 piece band.

He was/IS technically the most accomplished musician in multilple arenas.

He had the best voice.  Everything about the guy has always been phenomenal

But John/Paul were apples/oranges from the beginning.

It's so difficult to say who was 'best' at a given thing.  John was defineately more Rock&Roll, and somewhat raw.  Not a slouch though.

I had read that the guitar solo(s) on  The End  were John and Clapton trading licks.
Personally, I think you can spot them both from a mile away.

Trying to categorize or pigeonhole any of them is really Impossible.  What John lacked in studious flawlessness, like Clapton......he more than made up for in counter melodies, and weird s___ that nobody else would think of.

Just 2 examples.  'Girl' from Rubber soul and 'how do you sleep' from Imagine.

I don't think any of them 'sucked'. George became one of the most melodic and sweet slide players of all time, post Beatles.

And I don't care what anyone says, Ringo is one of the best rock&roll groove players of all time.

bilyum

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2004, 08:00:43 AM »

[quote by=number14 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1092517016,s=41 date=1092708552]wow, thats kinda pathetic, one of the greatest rock stars and could not tune a guitar, i bet he learned though...[/quote]

some people are born with perfect pitch. some are not.  I was! he he....

yes, John John learned how to tune his geetar pretty early on.  I'm sure he was inspired by Paul, who could tune a guitar standing on his head.

there are SO SO many things about the beatles we know. And so many others, we have no way of knowing, perhaps it is why they are still such an interesting topic of discussion.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2004, 06:36:33 PM »

Such a debate will always spark arguements, because such a debate is based merely on taste.
Saying this, however, I do feel Mccartney has the edge when describing musical Knowledge*, in the sense of it been more natural.
 Lennon is natural in other elements of the Beatles. His Songwriting is alot less manufactured (in the latter years) and you get the feeling of it being natural and truthful..bare in the sense of commercial appeal, with emotion and biographical factors emphasised.
Talent* is a word that is ambiguous in essence, because what defines Talent ?
Personal experiences in life will manipulate the outlook of someone when estimations are made on what talent can be attributed to an entity.. and thus I cannot declare my own content opinion. This is simply because I cant evaluate such a belief without a fortification of certain outlooks to deem my arguement a representation of colossal errors.
This said, I dont even have an 'answer' for such a question. The basic investigation is obviously not so basic, but infact a complex web which is pointless to peer into.

So... 'no comment' :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2004, 10:57:36 PM »

It's got to be "Paul" his writing ability along with the playing of instruments and song structure! John and George were also excellent but not as much as Paul!

beatleslover101

• A Beginning
  • Macca is ma man
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2004, 04:15:52 AM »

yeah i think taht paul is the better of the group not the best -cuz their all really good-but overall i would have to say paul is the more gifted and talented
yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away now it looks if though there here to stay oh i believe in yesterday...::)(smitten)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »

Probabely Paul ...

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2007, 12:07:29 AM »

I love George...but....

Most Naturally Gifted...Paul.... he was just seemed to be born with the music talent... like he didn't have to work on his writing it was just good....same seems with his instruments....

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2007, 12:20:46 AM »

I think Paul is more gifted as a musician but as a songwriter I believe John is better.  But in my opinion one of their best songs is Something and it was written by George.
 ;D
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »

george had a natural talent to work hard. not particularly gifted. john was lazy, so its between paul and ringo. i think ringo was a very talented drummer but thats about it. paul was most naturally gifted in a random way.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2007, 10:50:31 AM »

It has to be Paul.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »

I'd have to say Paul.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »

They were all talented in their own way, but since we're picking one...

I'd have to say Paul as well. I find his talent really amazing... he's got such a great vocal range, he can sing in many different styels (stuff like I'm Down, as well as something like Here, There and Everywhere, and Golden Slumbers), and he can play different instruments... wow. *admires* And he writes good lyrics too.
K_E got Memory Almost Full yesterday, and listening to it just reminded me how talented Paul is, and that his musical gifted-ness is definitely still with him now, which is really awesome  :)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2007, 09:04:15 AM »

Naturally gifted is Paul. He could just pick up any musical instrument and paly. No wonder- look at the family he came from.

Ringo is also naturally gifted. But between the two (P&R) I'll stick to Paulie as he can play more, he writes more and perhaps sings better.

George. I greatly admire his determination. I mean so much blood sweat and tears (literally- or maybe not the tears) went into learning the guitar. But thats not naturally gifted.

John is perhaps more talented literally-wise rather than music? I mean his lyrics convey great messages and he uses word plays and all that. And his books as well add to the literacy talentism. Musically-wise, same as George- he was determined to create a band and make his band succeed- which it did. Great voice he has too, but perhaps, again, McCartney outscores him.

I agree with Indica- no comment!  ;)  

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2007, 11:38:10 PM »

obviously paul.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 78 queries.