Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Did Andy White Drum on "P.S. I Love You"?  (Read 894 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Did Andy White Drum on "P.S. I Love You"?
« on: June 23, 2007, 10:11:04 PM »

Hi All -

I kind of thought that the only time he drummed was on "Love Me Do" (the version where a tambourine is audible, which is Ringo).

But, reading the anthology CD liner notes today, it made it sound like Andy White also did the drumming for "P.S. I Love You". This would be the only time I heard that.

Does anyone know if this is true? I don't have Lewsiohn, I guess he's considered the authoritative reference?

Thanks!

P.S.  Interesting aside on "Please Please Me" - the early version of this song on Anthology is said to be Andy White on drums as well. The drumming on the very last few seconds (between guitar chords) is pretty much the same that Ringo did ... I'm guessing Ringo heard this early version and decided he'd nick that bit of drumming. Or maybe AW heard Ringo do it in rehearsal and HE decided to nick it from Ringo!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

The Fox Drummer

• A Beginning
  • I'm a drummer, not a wetnurse.
Re: Did Andy White Drum on "P.S. I Love You"?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 10:35:46 PM »

Not that I know of. As I recall, Love Me Do was the only one with Andy White. It would have made George Martin happy at the time, but I'm almost positive that Ringo did P.S. I Love You. I'll check Geoff Emerick's book for ye, though.
<br />One thing I can tell you is you got to be free...

The Swine

• Getting Better
Re: Did Andy White Drum on "P.S. I Love You"?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 12:12:22 AM »

ps i love you featured andy white on percussion and ringo on maracas. it was recorded on tuesday september 11th 1962, together with love me do and various early recordings of please please me. ringo didn't play drums on any of these recordings made this day.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 43 queries.