Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Magical Mystery Tour On DVD????  (Read 3201 times)

Magical Mystery Tour On DVD????
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:30:07 PM »

Apple Corps is about to start the slow restoration process of the Beatles' 1967 film, Magical Mystery Tour, but no date has been set for its release.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Magical Mystery Tour On DVD????
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:55:54 PM »

where did you hear or read this?? :o :o

oh yeah, welcome to the forums Albertross. Enjoy! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 09:08:10 PM »

THANKS FOR THE INFO, ALBATROSS!!
I was wondering this myself. Since I just got "Help!" (and I've had AHDN and Yellow Submarine in my collection for a while), all I need is LET IT BE and MMT to finish up my entire Beatle DVD collection) (ps; there are poor prints of both LIB & MMT out there but I'm not wasting $$ for them..I just need to exercise patience to get the "official" releases of these 2)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »

Quote from: 829
THANKS FOR THE INFO, ALBATROSS!!
I was wondering this myself. Since I just got "Help!" (and I've had AHDN and Yellow Submarine in my collection for a while), all I need is LET IT BE and MMT to finish up my entire Beatle DVD collection) (ps; there are poor prints of both LIB & MMT out there but I'm not wasting $$ for them..I just need to exercise patience to get the "official" releases of these 2)

At least they won't be charging us extra for a reprint of the script! ;D

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »

Quote from: 829

especially not THAT script !!!! ;D (but then it might be sorta intriguing to see how the spaghetti shoveling/fat  lady scene looked on paper...not to mention Aunt Jessie's "love sequence"

still it's not worth an arm and a leg to purchase.
just gimme a decent print of the film..who cares about the minutia.

I meant, there wasn't a script! :)

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »

Quote from: 483

At least they won't be charging us extra for a reprint of the script! ;D

especially not THAT script !!!! ;D (but then it might be sorta intriguing to see how the spaghetti shoveling/fat  lady scene looked on paper...not to mention Aunt Jessie's "love sequence"

still it's not worth an arm and a leg to purchase.
just gimme a decent print of the film..who cares about the minutia.

(AND..I'm dreaming here, I know..but it'd be nice to have as dvd extras here--dialogue track w/ either macca or ringo....AND, perhaps...the entire "Hello Goodbye" video intact and uninterrupted..and if they felt even more generous, throw in the "Penny Lane"/"Strawberry Fields" vids that many of us still dont own in their entirety (the "Anthology" snippets, notwithstanding) I feel these would fit well as extras to the MMT package since they all date from 1967)

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 09:31:31 PM »

Quote from: 483

I meant, there wasn't a script! :)

ya got me there... :D but it was kind of an impromptu "script"...I mean they hired various and sundry circus freaks and Brit music hall performers...so there was some type of planning... right ??? it wasnt a pure "home movie". (although w/ Macca directing--who apparently thought he was David Lean, it seemed so ;D)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 03:31:36 PM »

It was shown in Black and White on TV ,it would be nice to have it both in colour and black and white ?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 03:46:02 PM »

Quote from: 971
It was shown in Black and White on TV ,it would be nice to have it both in colour and black and white ?

Why? I remember seeing it in B&W when it was first on TV - Boxing Day 1967 - it's one of the main reasons it bombed. They had much better reviews when it was shown in colour a few months later. Trouble was that most people in Britain didn't have a colour TV to watch it on! You could always change the settings to B&W on your telly.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 03:53:58 PM »

I like Black and white films and i remember seeing it that way too , but your right i could just turn the colour off

BlueMeanie

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 03:59:06 PM »

I can't wait to see it again. You'd think they would have had it out this year, as it's the 40th anniversary. I'd rather have had MMT than Help!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »

I have mixed feelings about MMT. If a take my Beatle Fan hat off I can't help but think that Paul must have been aware of Ken Kaseys Merry Pranksters, who had just recently driven across America is a pyschedelic bus, taking drugs and "waiting for things to happen", and that MMT is the hippy counter-culture made safe for the masses. Just a thought.
But then again, I guess a more positive view would be that The Beatles fame allowed them to present this (though sanitised) counter-culture to people who otherwise would not be aware of it. That it needed someone like The Beatles who could present it in a way that could side step the establishment.
Or thirdly, it's a movie about a bus and I'm talking rubbish
I first/last saw it at the cinema doubled with The Monkees Head. I thought it was okay, but I've never seen it in the context of its release (ie 1967 on the telly)
don't follow leaders

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 06:51:57 PM »

Quote from: 971
I like Black and white films and i remember seeing it that way too , but your right i could just turn the colour off

AHDN was perfect in B&W..I cant even imagine how aweful it would seem in color. B&W really works for certain films ( the film noir genre), but something like MMT just doesnt lend itself well to the monochromatic option --the Boxing Day '67 broadcast certainly proved that. A major flop. I mean, what's the point of seeing the Mag Bus itself in the film if not in color ?

Paul Doherty

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 01:22:55 PM »

Such a crazy film,but the songs are great! I am the walrus is A+
Why is it that the best band in the world has a very slow and uninterested company behind them when it somes to the release of concert footage etc and films such as let it be and mmt????

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 01:29:49 PM »

Quote from: 979
Such a crazy film,but the songs are great! I am the walrus is A+
Why is it that the best band in the world has a very slow and uninterested company behind them when it somes to the release of concert footage etc and films such as let it be and mmt????

The steady drip drip of Beatle products keeps them in the news. Clever marketting. Re Let It Be - no one but the accountants at Apple will want this released. Neither Paul or Yoko come out of it smelling of roses. I think they wish it would just go away.
don't follow leaders

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 12:43:40 AM »

Good news

Page created in 8.705 seconds with 69 queries.