Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Julian!  (Read 4627 times)

frightenedandscared

• A Beginning
Happy Birthday Julian!
« on: April 08, 2005, 11:25:20 AM »

He's 42years old today!

Name: John Charles Julian Lennon
Birthdate: April 8, 1963
Time: 6 AM
Scale: 6 lbs 8 oz
Birth: Natural
Hospital: Sefton General Hospital
Where: Liverpool, England

Julian was born in 1963 in time his father became a household name in England. At the time, his parents' marriage and his birth was kept a secret by Brian's request so that fans would believe that John was available. Months later, the marriage and Julian's existence became known. Although John did love Julian, business with the Beatles kept John away most of Julian's toddler years.

In 1968, Julian's life changed when his parents separated, and later divorced. Paul felt sorry for Julian after visiting him and Cynthia after the separation and wrote "Hey Jude". After the divorce became final, Cynthia got custody with John visitation rights. A few months after the divorce, John remarried to Yoko Ono while Cynthia became involved and later married Roberto Bassanini. Roberto became a father figure to Julian and they continued to be close after the divorce with Cynthia until his death in the 1990s. Julian was a regular weekend visitor at John's home until 1971 when John and Yoko moved to New York City. For the next three years, John and Julian didn't see or speak to each other.

In 1974, John and Yoko separated. Cynthia asked John to reconnect with Julian. With the encouragement by May Pang, John's girlfriend, John started talking to Julian more with phone calls, letters, and gifts. In Christmas of 1974, John invited Julian and Cynthia to Los Angeles, where he was staying, and took him to Disneyland. They traveled to New York and then Julian and Cynthia went back to England soon after.

By 1975, John and Yoko reunited and Sean was born later that year. Julian traveled to New York whenever he could during the school's holidays. In April of 1979, John took Julian, Yoko, Sean, Yoko's family, and a few friends to West Palm Beach, Florida where John gave a birthday party for Julian. Later, they traveled back to New York and then Julian went back home to England. That would be the last time John and Julian would see each other. In December of 1980, with Cynthia away visiting Maureen, John Twist (who married Cynthia in 1977) received news that John was murdered and informed Julian. Cynthia came home quickly after hearing the news and saw Julian off to New York to see Yoko and Sean.

By 1983, Julian decided to become a musician after several years dabbling. In 1984, his first record, "Valotte" was released and received great reviews. But the comparisons with his father, and pressures from fame, was too much for him. He got into drugs heavily and by 1986, "The Secret Value of Daydreaming" was released and flopped. "Mr. Jordon" and "Help Yourself" followed until 1993 when Julian had enough and got out of the music business. His relationship strained with Yoko with the involvement of merchandising John's name and selling off personal possessions- which he bought back. In 1997, Julian returned to the music business with his own independent record label, Music From Another Room and released "Photograph Smile", which got positive reviews.

Julian was linked with Sally Hudson, Debbie Boyland, Brooke Shields, and Olivia d'Abo. In 1996, he became serious with Lucy Bayliss

Julian lives in Monte Carlo, working on several projects (including a new album) and maintaining his own website and another dedicated to his family from Liverpool, the Stanley/Lennons.
Some other facts about Julian:
His godfather was Brian Epstein.
John's nickname for him was 'JCJ', his initials.
He is right handed
In the early 1980's he lived with percussionist, Ray Cooper.
John refused to let Cynthia hire a nanny for Julian.
If he had been a girl he would have been named Julia.

"He never came to see me, I had to go to him. It's a shame, but you know, forgive and forget. I'd rather not think about the times I didn't see him"
Julian Lennon on John Lennon

Julian inspired three beatles songs, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Hey Jude, and Good night.

Julian Lennon
1967- visited the set of Magical Mystery Tour
1974- was visited by Paul and Linda to take photographes for John
1984- around the time Julian released his debut album, "Valotte", Paul sent Julian a telegram, "Good luck, old fruit"
1984- reunited with Paul after ten years on the set of Friday Night Videos
1991- George played on "Help Yourself", however was not listed on the credits
1997- Paul sent Julian an advance copy of his "Flaming Pie" album
1998- Julian attended Linda's memorial service in London (*reported)
1999- Julian attended Paul's induction to the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame ceremony
2003- Julian attended Paul's London concert in May; he was seen coming from the backstage to his seat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIAN! Wow what a life he's had. I'm sure if John were alive today he'd be very proud of Julian.

~Rachel
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Happy Birthday Julian!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 08:21:39 PM »

i agree

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
Re: Happy Birthday Julian!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 05:05:55 AM »

happy birthday jules