Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lennon's legacy...  (Read 4536 times)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
Lennon's legacy...
« on: August 27, 2005, 10:01:05 PM »

you know, Lennon always wanted people to stop the hate in the world. so i pass this on to you, dont blame yoko for the beatles break up. to hate her for thinking that she broke up the band is not true and makes any lennon fans hypocrites. if you really really wanted to blame anybody at all for the band breakup it would be paul. yea, yoko did freak the other 3 out by showing up at the recordings in the end but paul did strained the relations between him and the other 3. as the 25th anniversary of lennons death approches, please stop the hate of not just Yoko but for anyone. Lennon died because of what he believed in, i hope that anyone reading this will follow what he believed, or just stop the hate and maybe "the world will live as one"
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Lennon's legacy...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 02:36:34 AM »

Quote from: somedude210
if you really really wanted to blame anybody at all for the band breakup it would be paul.

Your insane! Out of all the members of the band, Paul was the one that wanted the band to stay together the most. Hell, he held on to the band longer than any of them (he's still trying to hang on). He pushed the band from 67' on.

yea, yoko did freak the other 3 out by showing up at the recordings in the end but paul did strained the relations between him and the other 3.

Yeah, it was due to business matters more than anything (plus there was absolutely no reason for Yucko to live in the studio and to give her input in any of their musical matters). Hell, if my wife hung around and tried to do that, i'd tell her to go do the dishes or something. John should have stood up for at least that much.

as the 25th anniversary of lennons death approches, please stop the hate of not just Yoko but for anyone. Lennon died because of what he believed in, i hope that anyone reading this will follow what he believed, or just stop the hate and maybe "the world will live as one"

I dont think any rational person blames Yoko for breaking up the Beatles by herself. John wanted out of the band as early as 65' or 66', George wanted more album space and was writing by himself, Ringo actually quit in 68' due to the fighting and Paul tried everything to keep them going (for his own personal benefit as much as anything) and pushed them harder than Hitler, and then the business matters broke the camels back. Lets face it, everything went downhill after Brian died.

Also, dont fool yourself into thinking John was some kind of f***ing saint because he wasnt. None of them were.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 03:08:24 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

Your insane! Out of all the members of the band, Paul was the one that wanted the band to stay together the most. Hell, he held on to the band longer than any of them (he's still trying to hang on). He pushed the band from 67' on.

Yeah, it was due to business matters more than anything (plus there was absolutely no reason for Yucko to live in the studio and to give her input in any of their musical matters). Hell, if my wife hung around and tried to do that, i'd tell her to go do the dishes or something. John should have stood up for at least that much.

I dont think any rational person blames Yoko for breaking up the Beatles by herself. John wanted out of the band as early as 65' or 66', George wanted more album space and was writing by himself, Ringo actually quit in 68' due to the fighting and Paul tried everything to keep them going (for his own personal benefit as much as anything) and pushed them harder than Hitler, and then the business matters broke the camels back. Lets face it, everything went downhill after Brian died.

Also, dont fool yourself into thinking John was some kind of f***ing saint because he wasnt. None of them were.

Amen, Bruthu'. Things went South after Brian's passing. Paul tried to take the reins, everyone was going different directions, and the presence of the Ocean Child from Hell just hastened their descent into Hell.  And nobody really hates Yoko so much as we dislike her intensely.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 05:14:50 AM »

the others also didnt want paul to take control cause he was to bossy, and really lennon has done more for the world then paul ever did. i dont care if you dont like yoko but dont blame her for the beatles break up. and dont go hating anymore. if you can't stop hating then you've lost meaning in ur life. lennon left the world with a dream that has not been realized and me and many others would greatly like it if more people at least stopped the fighting and stop the hate. if thats too much to ask then you are in sad shape.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 06:06:35 AM »

Quote from: somedude210
the others also didnt want paul to take control cause he was to bossy,

True, but in hindsight, who now appeared to be right? Dont lie to yourself either.

and really lennon has done more for the world then paul ever did.

What in the hell has John done? Where is the concrete evidence that John made this world better? Did the world really improve by John laying around in bed naked with his wife, or preaching to us about peace and personal beliefs? Last time I watched the news, the world seemed as terrible as ever. Paul belongs to quite a few charities and has contributed a ton of cash. George had Bangladesh. What charity do you think about when john lennons name is mentioned.

Look man, i'm not trying to down you or John or whoever, but your wrong on a lot of matters.

i dont care if you dont like yoko but dont blame her for the beatles break up. and dont go hating anymore. if you can't stop hating then you've lost meaning in ur life. lennon left the world with a dream that has not been realized and me and many others would greatly like it if more people at least stopped the fighting and stop the hate. if thats too much to ask then you are in sad shape.

As mentioned before, nobodys blaming Yoko for The Beatles breakup, its just that she's a leech and a home wrecker. Thats my thing against her. I dont hate her for it, but I certainly dont like her for it either.

As for the rest of your message, its a little heavy for me. Instead of following a musician that influenced a small portion of people, maybe you should be following the other person who's name begins with a 'J' for the real word. Thats what I accept anyways.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 06:14:13 AM »

Oh great. Another Paul bashing thread. We've discussed the break-up of the band so many times. If you just dig in the General Section you'll find many opinions on the matter. And practically none of us think Yoko Oh!No broke up the band.

So you want to stop the hate, huh? Why not stop the hate against Paul? It's a good a place as any to start. He was a human being, after all.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 06:35:57 AM »

Again, for someone who was so loving and peaceful, he sure had a way of cutting people down in the nastiess ways. He was very unforgiving and some of his lyrics, letters, and interviews border on being just plain mean with no reason behind it really. It's hard to find this stuff in Paul's work or interviews. Not to the extreme. I also think it's interesting how he dumped his wife, ignored his first kid and basically told everyone that the only people that mattered where him and Yoko. I mean, he had his faults for God's sake. Meanwhile, Paul stuck with the same woman for years, adopted Linda's kid, and didn't speak half as poorly about John and the others as he could have. Not saying he's not got his faults either, I mean, I'm just putting it into perspective is all. I think John had a lot of stuff to deal with and really tried hard to do some good in the world. I also think he would hate to be thought of as this almighty saint. He said it himself that the Beatles were the biggest bastards around.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 06:39:50 AM »

^Great response, Sandra.

Damn, woman, I love your posts.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 06:47:09 AM »

Heh, thanks. I'll probably be proved completely wrong though. Someone with further information about Paul's checkered past and John's unparalled work for humanity will no doubt come forth and dispute everything I've just said.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 01:12:29 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
Heh, thanks. I'll probably be proved completely wrong though. Someone with further information about Paul's checkered past and John's unparalled work for humanity will no doubt come forth and dispute everything I've just said.

No, not at all. There is just a newer member who has bought into the deification/martyrdom of John Lennon. To Somedude: He was a man. Flesh, bone, blood, and sinew, just like the rest of us. He had a special gift. I, too, believe in peace and pray for peace, mankind, and this planet every night, just like John. I haven't recorded an album, and its not likely they will ever name an airport with my name on it or open up a park dedicated to me, etc. John fought with his demons, did some good things, did some bad things. He was/is hardly a saint. And let's tone down this 'he died for what he believed in'. So much of John, just like his and Yoko's 'love' is myth, pure and simple.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 07:14:52 PM »

John was an idealist. And great as idealists are, they never get anything done.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 08:29:08 PM »

you know what broke up the band???????really???????????boys becoming individuals.....finger pointing has never done anybody any good has it???if anyone broke up the band his name was some other dude..........or maybe it was ringo.that smug little f***,with his hanging in the background,going any which way the wind blew.who the hell did he think he was.that's your subversive,right there.he is where the blame lies or maybe it was you or me...they grew up so should we.......

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 12:51:58 AM »

^Heavy man.

pommyg

• A Beginning
    • Beatles Archive
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 07:07:08 PM »

Its hard not to dislike Yoko - for her wailing alone.

Blue_meanie

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 07:15:49 PM »

Paul broke up the band...? that would be john, he left!

John didn't die beacuse of what he believed in, he died beacuse some nutter
reckoned he had to kill him.

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 07:29:09 PM »

exactly...

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 11:27:53 PM »

HAHAHAHA!!! man, the response i got from this post. oh man, thats hilarious. just from that I can make all of you get all p*ssy about it. hahahaha, congradulations in my sociology experiment. oh, man, this is funny. I gotta hand it to all of you for making this possible. you're right, lennon was just a guy with a dream, nothing more. but still thats just funny that you guys would say sh*t like that. hahaha. i shouldve told you guys that he was really jesus incarnated...actually that may explain some things. hahaha.

i may have lost all of your respect for me but man was it worth it. now i know what beatles fans will do when you call on of them a god.

...but just curious, why are there avid paul fans in the john forums.

;D ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 12:26:18 AM »

Does this forum have a similiar address as www.insanepeoplewhorefusetotaketheirmedication.com or something?
Cuz they just keep finding their way here don't they?

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2005, 12:56:45 AM »

haha, very funny. im sane, i just find people amusing when they react to sh*t like this.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2005, 01:50:47 AM »

You mean when people give eloquent, reasonable, well-thought out replies? Yes, I can see how you would be unfamiliar with that.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 80 queries.