Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cynthia, Yoko, or May?  (Read 4564 times)

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
Cynthia, Yoko, or May?
« on: September 25, 2009, 07:06:38 AM »

I was just wondering which of John's love interest you guys like the most.
--
I definately like Cynthia and May, they allow John to truely be himself.
Not so sure with Yoko, anyways give your thoughts! :D

George does not approve.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Cynthia, Yoko, or May?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 08:08:12 AM »

--

How come no Stuart or Brian?
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 08:39:01 AM »

How come no Stuart or Brian?

Excellent!

The quality and quantity of John's songwriting seems to have gone steadily downhill after Yoko turned up on the scene. I'm not saying he didn't write anything that was any good, but just look at his early to mid Beatles out put: almost all of AHDN, the best songs on Beatles For Sale, the most innovative stuff on Revolver. Then Yoko; a few good songs on The Beatles, a pile of crap on Let It Be, a couple of good songs on Abbey Road, but both of George's songs are better imo. Many here seem to thinkk that Walls & Bridges is one of his finest, and that was May Pang's period. Overall I'd say it looks like Yoko hindered his creativity.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 08:57:30 AM »

Cyn.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 09:05:01 AM »

Many here seem to thinkk that Walls & Bridges is one of his finest, and that was May Pang's period. Overall I'd say it looks like Yoko hindered his creativity.

Probably the relationship should be relabled Yoko and John. It seems she had far more of an artistic influence on him than vice versa. And the general consensus seems to be that that influence wasn't the best.
But still, without Yoko, the accompanying heroin and left of centre entourage we probably wouldn't have got Plastic Ono Band (the album),  in my humble opinion the only truly original piece of Beatle solo work.
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 09:12:52 AM »

Cyn.

Agreed. But that could be because she was never around, or when she was he was off his face desperately trying to escape the reality of what to him was a deeply unsatisfying and pointless relationship. Which means Cyn wins more by default.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:21:43 AM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 09:45:32 AM »

Excellent!

The quality and quantity of John's songwriting seems to have gone steadily downhill after Yoko turned up on the scene. I'm not saying he didn't write anything that was any good, but just look at his early to mid Beatles out put: almost all of AHDN, the best songs on Beatles For Sale, the most innovative stuff on Revolver. Then Yoko; a few good songs on The Beatles, a pile of crap on Let It Be, a couple of good songs on Abbey Road, but both of George's songs are better imo. Many here seem to thinkk that Walls & Bridges is one of his finest, and that was May Pang's period. Overall I'd say it looks like Yoko hindered his creativity.

ergo his best periods was when he was experimenting with homosexuality plus the stronger the personality of the wife, the worse output
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 09:49:52 AM »

ergo his best periods was when he was experimenting with homosexuality plus the stronger the personality of the wife, the worse output

One could draw that conclusion.
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »

--
I definately like Cynthia and May, they allow John to truely be himself.
Not so sure with Yoko, anyways give your thoughts! :D

John clearly despised his relationship with Cynthia. May seems to have been nothing other than a stopgap. I don't think they "let him be himself",  more that they meant so little to him that they had no effect on him.
Yoko seems to be the reverse - he was her emotional (and maybe later physical) prisoner.
I don't think any of John's relationships with women were what most people would regard as healthy. They were  made either of cruel disregard or obsessive devotion.
Just read a bit about may. Everyone seems to regard their relationship as a good one. Yet I can't get over the fact that it was arranged by Yoko and ended the moment she snapped her fingers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:50:29 PM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 01:00:48 PM »

I will quickly point out that not many relationships (including my own) come out looking really good when subjected to such intensive scrutiny.
I'm not sure McCartneys relationships were/are that healthy either. Linda was supposedly his soulmate yet the bed was barely cold and he was off with someone else. Now he's doing it again. Rather than a soulmate you could argue that Linda was really a docile, compliant companion, who Paul needed to replace the moment she died.
But these are men of a certain era and place, and were not brought up to be touchy-feely metrosexuals. These were men taught to keep their emotions in check. Wives were cooks and child rearers. Their relationships may not be so unusual if compared with their peers
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »

The subject keeps your mind pretty busy Kevin! ;D

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »

The subject keeps your mind pretty busy Kevin! ;D

Certainly seems that way. Guess there hasn't been much catching my attention of late. But I do try and think things through, though maybe a little too much.
Quiet day at work don't help.  :)
don't follow leaders

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 10:26:11 PM »

I like Cynthia as a person. She seems like she was a pretty good mother to Julian.

As for each woman's influence on John's creative output, well. As a woman, I'd like to think that I had enough effect on a man to cause these amazing changes in songwriting. But I think it had more to do with John's actual talent rather than any woman's influence. Sure, they brought out certain emotions in him but the songwriting was all John.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 02:30:56 AM »

http://www.bagism.com/library/john-to-cynthia.html
here's 2 actual letters john wrote to cynthia.
their relationship was real and they really did like eachother,
their marriage was in great shape until yoko got involved.

George does not approve.

Bobber

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 09:31:41 AM »

their marriage was in great shape until yoko got involved.

Keep on dreaming. John was hardly at home and was literally f***ing around.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 10:31:46 AM »

I like the pantomime baddy Yoko , she's behind you  ;D

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »

at least to cynthia, it was a good marriage :P

George does not approve.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 12:58:20 AM »

y0u 4g0t regg1e,,,,,,,,,,,,1 d0n't th1nk he f0und h1s 0n earth th1s t1me,,,,,,,,y0k0 1et h1m be h1m s0 she gets my v0te,,,,even i1f he wasn't that pers0nab1e then,,,,,,,

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 03:10:10 AM »

May Pang!

She seemed the "coolest" out of the three. Cynthia seemed nice, but a little too tense and worrisome. Yoko, well, we all know about Yoko.. But May Pang! If Yoko hadn't stepped in, we might have had the Beatles back together! And there is this little quote...

Lennon explained his feelings about his time with Pang: "You know Larry, I may have been the happiest I've ever been... I loved this woman (Pang), I made some beautiful music and I got so f***ed up with booze and sh*t and whatever.."

That is very true! May Pang was a good fit for John. Non-controlling, more like a friend (hot friend back in the day). And just let John be John.

"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.592 seconds with 82 queries.