Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do Paul and Ringo still smoke?  (Read 14666 times)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Do Paul and Ringo still smoke?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 09:25:48 PM »

I always thought smoking just looks really silly. Doesn't look cool on anyone at all. I think it's just a bit sad to see that someone started a really bad habit in his or her mid-teens due to peer pressure (at least in most cases) and still hasn't gotten over it as an adult.

Very wise!
Some men think they impress with their smoking and a cigarette makes them look tough. They`d better impress with something else! Than with yellow fingers and smell around them.

Bobber

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 10:07:04 PM »

Very wise!
Some men think they impress with their smoking and a cigarette makes them look tough. They`d better impress with something else! Than with yellow fingers and smell around them.

You read that pc? lol

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 10:34:16 PM »

I am trying to talk you out of smoking!   ;yes  Healthy life is my motto! Just follow me!  8)

SemolinaPilchard

• A Beginning
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 03:41:13 AM »

I had never heard of that story.  But I bet Paul still tokes.  How much I would pay to blaze with Paul or any of the Beatles.  Also Brian Wilson would be chill as F*#^.

Oh, I would bet any amount of money that Paul still smokes weed. Wasn't there a story a few years ago about Paul smoking a joint at the Pink Floyd reunion concert in London. (Of course who could blame him for THAT?)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »

Thank goodness it seems they both have stopped smoking. That is one nasty habit. But I will admit, when I see pictures of them smoking back in the days...they honestly do make it look cool.  I guess it was cool back then to smoke. Nowadays, it doesn't seem that way.

I do not condone smoking at ALL, but I agree that the Beatles made smoking look very cool and sexy. I still can't get over how good Paul looked puffing his cig on the back of the "Rubber Soul" LP. But I have never smoked in my entire life and would never plan on doing so!

Dr Robert

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »

Oh, I would bet any amount of money that Paul still smokes weed. Wasn't there a story a few years ago about Paul smoking a joint at the Pink Floyd reunion concert in London. (Of course who could blame him for THAT?)
I thought he would still smoke pot, but a year or so ago Howard Stern asked him if he still did and Paul responded that he quit. Stern asked him why, and Paul changed the subject rather quickly. I wish Stern would have grilled him a little more on it, but you know how his radio shows can be sometimes, jumping wildly from one topic to another. But who knows, Paul may have been lying when he said that.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 05:17:03 AM »

He quit because of Heather supposedly. I'd bet anything he's back to it now that he's gotten rid of the nag.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »

He quit because of Heather supposedly. I'd bet anything he's back to it now that he's gotten rid of the nag.
Not wanting to defend Heather, but I can understand why she did it. Long-term full-time stoners are a pain in the arse. (I've been one.) It's not all Hey Dude Where's The Car or Harold And Kumar hysterics. More like distance and disinterest. It's like being with half a person.
A sixty year old longtime stoner would be a terrible person to be a partner to (unless, like Linda, you were a stoner too. From the Stoner relationships I've seen they tend be very blank relationships) Ultimately you have to make a choice.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 03:37:44 PM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders

MissMcCartney

• A Beginning
  • And I Love Him ... ^^^^
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 12:16:12 AM »

I always thought smoking just looks really silly. Doesn't look cool on anyone at all. I think it's just a bit sad to see that someone started a really bad habit in his or her mid-teens due to peer pressure (at least in most cases) and still hasn't gotten over it as an adult.

That is very very true!
I think it's really sad that Ringo was in rehab, because lots of people look up to them (Beatles) as role models ...  :(
;x ;x Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul x; x;

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »

That is very very true!
I think it's really sad that Ringo was in rehab, because lots of people look up to them (Beatles) as role models ...  :(
Wow. Do they? These guys and Dylan are more guilty than most of popularising drug culture among the masses. If you want a role model, rich, drug taking, womanising rock stars are probably not the best place to go.
don't follow leaders

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 10:16:46 AM »

That is very very true!

My goodness, if your sad about Ringo, we wont bring up John then.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 10:27:19 AM »

That is very very true!
I think it's really sad that Ringo was in rehab, because lots of people look up to them (Beatles) as role models ...  :(

As beloved as the Beatles are, they were really far from perfect. They had their vices, just like every other human being.

And if being in rehab helped Ringo get back on track and improve his life, then that's a good thing.  :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:29:02 AM by Penny Lane »

MissMcCartney

• A Beginning
  • And I Love Him ... ^^^^
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 12:02:12 AM »

Yep, you guys are right :)
And that's true tknitna :(. And I do agree with Penny Lane also. It's just with their awesome awesome awesome music and their sexiness (PAUL!) I just forget they aren't perfect :)
;x ;x Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul PAUL Paul x; x;

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 01:53:25 AM »

I hope no one thought I was condoning or saying smoking is cool. In no way shape or form am I saying that. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. I had to grow up in a home where my mom smoked in the house and my dad smoked cigars in the house. I think this is why I hate it so much. As you can probably imagine, my clothes and hair did not smell good. Not to mention my dad had asthma and later died from lung problems. I beg my mom on a daily basis to quit smoking. She no longer smokes in her home as I told her I would no longer visit if she does. But she has tried everything and cannot stop. It's really sad because I fear losing her and shes about all I got besides my little bro.

Anyways, just thought I would throw that out there. SMOKING IS NOT COOL KIDDOS!!

Very happy to hear that Paul and Ringo don't. We want them around as long as possible and we all know smoking can takes years of your life.
<br />

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »

It's just with their awesome awesome awesome music and their sexiness (PAUL!) I just forget they aren't perfect :)

LOL, I get what you mean. Paul knew he had an angelic appearance and used it to the Beatles' advantage when their music hit mainstream. I'm sure many moms approved of how sweet and beautiful he looked when Beatlemania took place. ;)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »

I hope no one thought I was condoning or saying smoking is cool. In no way shape or form am I saying that.

No worries, Heather, I totally knew what you were saying about cigs. I know you wouldn't encourage others to smoke!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.711 seconds with 73 queries.