Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: World Marks John Lennon's Death  (Read 1034 times)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
World Marks John Lennon's Death
« on: December 08, 2005, 01:32:55 PM »

FROM YAHOO NEWS:

World Marks John Lennon's Death

Thursday December 8, 01:24 PM    

Hundreds of white balloons containing tributes to murdered music icon John Lennon have been released to mark the 25th anniversary of his death.More than 1,000 messages to the ex-Beatle were attached to the balloons which were sent into the sky from Liverpool's Albert Dock.Scores of Lennon fans from across the world gathered in the city of his birth to pay homage to the music legend.

James Andrews, nine, from Bournemouth, was one of the youngest fans to take part in the balloon release.

He

said: "I just wrote Merry Christmas John on my balloon. I love The Beatles and especially John Lennon.

"My Mum and Dad let me take the day off school to come here."

Jim Cushman, from the US, wrote: 'Looking around at all that's happening in the world today we need his voice now more than ever!

"He was the only hero I ever had."

A short service was held at John Lennon's statue in Mathew Street in Liverpool - the home of the world famous Cavern Club where The Beatles played.

Members of the Liverpool Beatles Appreciation Society laid flowers at the statue and said a short prayer for peace.

Lennon fans Anna Javier and her husband Jean travelled from Madrid for the event.

She said: "We are huge fans of the Beatles and just wanted to be here in Liverpool to remember him."

Other events taking place in the city of Lennon's birth, include a memorial service at Liverpool Parish Church.

All You Need Is LOVE!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: World Marks John Lennon's Death
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:18:47 PM »

It's bad for the environment to release balloons into the air like that.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Re: World Marks John Lennon's Death
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 05:29:18 PM »

why? actually i suppose it is isnt it..those ballooons will just end up in rivers

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 41 queries.