Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Now and Then  (Read 3753 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Now and Then
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2023, 11:49:47 PM »

This is it HG

Ok, so it’s nearing the end of Now And Then. We see the Fabs on the rooftop in 1969, in slow mo playing ( but no audio obviously)  then John fades away, then George. Paul and Ringo morph into their present selves, still playing on the rooftop now (I’m sure they’d get permission lol). As the song ends, they stop and look at each other, smile. We see John and George’s guitars leaning against the amps. Reverse drone shot moving away, showing London. Moving further into the sky until Paul and Ringo are just tiny figures on the roof. Travelling further back up into the atmosphere until the final shot is the globe of the Earth.

Showing that the world was for the Beatles and they belong to the world…

That would have been a good alternate ending, Steve.  I've always appreciated your imaginative writing abilities over the years.

Perhaps your idea can still be used as I heard on the radio this morning that there are still some demo tapes that Peter Jackson has some plans for.

The Now And Then video ending was a bit bleak with the A Hard Day's Night closing concert stage empty...

I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2023, 11:54:34 PM »

I like your alternate ending, too, stevie. Very creative!

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2023, 12:12:13 AM »

Cheers guys   Just my mind brainstorming lol. The ending with the iconic Beatles bow was pretty cool!

I noticed that PJ didn’t use any Get Back footage in the vid, probably on purpose as he might’ve felt peeps had seen a lot of it since its release. But it was jarring when there was a few still shots of the boys at different stages of their career - Chiswick House, David Frost, the final photo shots, Abbey Road etc - but none of the Rooftop. But I can forgive him for that lol.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2023, 06:16:02 AM »

I think your idea sounds cool Stevie. But I like what they've done with the ending. To my mind this is meant to be an intimate video about them as people and their relationship, and then by extension all of us in our lives.

Just as John, when he sang the demo, was singing about Yoko, or Paul or his mum or Stu or whoever, now he's singing about anyone we know and miss. It applies to us all.

And the end of the video is about life, growth and loss that we all experience. So when we see them getting younger in the photos we also see our parents and siblings and others who mean things to us. Their whole lives encapsulated and eventually fading away as they've now gone, but Beatles, or whatever our friends and relatives mean to us, remain and always will. The Beatles are saying goodbye not because they were the greatest band ever and deserve a valedictory but because they have accompanied so many of us through our lives and there's always time we have to say farewell.

I think this song is going to be used a lot at funerals for the photo video sections that is almost obligatory now.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2023, 10:39:24 AM »

I’m proud to say I know the words to the song because I’ve played it so many times. I wasn’t really a fan of the original demo throughout the years so didn’t really bother with it. When I heard they were doing this song I was less excited but after hearing the song I was blown over.

In My Life

• A Beginning
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2023, 10:23:16 PM »

Ok, so it’s nearing the end of Now And Then. We see the Fabs on the rooftop in 1969, in slow mo playing ( but no audio obviously)  then John fades away, then George. Paul and Ringo morph into their present selves, still playing on the rooftop now (I’m sure they’d get permission lol). As the song ends, they stop and look at each other, smile. We see John and George’s guitars leaning against the amps. Reverse drone shot moving away, showing London. Moving further into the sky until Paul and Ringo are just tiny figures on the roof. Travelling further back up into the atmosphere until the final shot is the globe of the Earth.

I love that idea, Stevie!

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2023, 11:24:25 PM »

I love that idea, Stevie!

Out of interest did you prefer John's original bridge ?
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2023, 02:29:09 AM »

Fabulous concept of an alternative ending, Stevie. Very clever. I'd love to see that.

I also like the official version though...regressing them back through their phases and eventually accelerating into childhood which ties in well with the "sudden" ending and the apparent "finality" of this release.

Personally I LOVE the AI cut and paste wizardry with past and present Beatles rubbing shoulders in there. Reinforces the whole NOW (Paul and Ringo) and THEN (John and George) theme underpinning the song. Also it's very apt that cutting edge technology is being used, almost to blur time and re-calibrate our grasp of The Beatles' timeLESS appeal. No group embraced the future and pushed the boundaries more than they did.

I think they all do love/would have loved the new possibilities of what technology can achieve. They always demonstrated such giant strides in the studio.

I've always thought that arch communicator John in particular would have loved the internet and its potential.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2023, 06:34:18 AM »

Am I imagining a slight ELO sound towards the end ?

I’m liking the outro  more and more as I hear it. Still would have liked for it to carry on a few bars longer with the sort of Strawberry Fields/I am the Walrus build before the end bit. Can’t have everything though

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2023, 06:39:15 AM »

If the release can’t get anymore poignant here’s a sad but in a way uplifting story of one of the orchestra musicians.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/caroline-buckman-obituary-beatles-1.7020774

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2023, 10:49:46 PM »

I'm a bit miffed Paul removed the pre chorus part "I don't wanna lose you " in John's original demo. Maybe he though it meandered a bit ?? But that was a beautiful section and I was waiting for it in the new version.

David Bennet highlights it in his video.

https://youtu.be/Xk88M4ABo_4?si=rE_gHOBlIai8sCFt
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2023, 10:55:37 PM »

If the release can’t get anymore poignant here’s a sad but in a way uplifting story of one of the orchestra musicians.

What a beautiful story. I had been wondering what the musicians thought when they later found out they'd played on the final Beatles song. How sad that she died so young.

This excerpt made me smile: "The message said: This involves Paul McCartney. . . . Musicians dropped everything to be there." I can only imagine!  :)

Thanks so much for sharing that, Moogmodule.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2023, 11:13:44 PM »

Current Amazon UK top 10

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2023, 11:14:57 PM »

I'm a bit miffed Paul removed the pre chorus part "I don't wanna lose you " in John's original demo. Maybe he though it meandered a bit ?? But that was a beautiful section and I was waiting for it in the new version.

David Bennet highlights it in his video.

https://youtu.be/Xk88M4ABo_4?si=rE_gHOBlIai8sCFt

Yeah I wonder if it was the words didn’t quite fit the sentiment he was going for. (Use you or abuse you etc). But I’m hearing Beatle harmonies on that bit.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2023, 01:00:47 AM »

I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2023, 02:34:21 AM »

Yeah I wonder if it was the words didn’t quite fit the sentiment he was going for. (Use you or abuse you etc). But I’m hearing Beatle harmonies on that bit.

Interesting they used harmonies from "Because"
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2023, 05:45:48 PM »

The Beatles are No1 in the UK Single Charts for Now & Then.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2023, 08:38:57 PM »

^^^
Toppermost of the Poppermost

Also apparently the fastest selling vinyl single of the century in the UK.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2023, 10:07:20 PM »

Also means this song is definitely in the canon. While Free as a Bird and Real Love are sort of on the periphery, a reissue of Beatles One will have to include this.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2023, 11:44:50 PM »

Also means this song is definitely in the canon. While Free as a Bird and Real Love are sort of on the periphery, a reissue of Beatles One will have to include this.

Never understood why Please Please Me isn't on that.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.733 seconds with 75 queries.