Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Ringo Starr Album  (Read 1653 times)

Bobber

New Ringo Starr Album
« on: February 12, 2007, 01:09:18 PM »

This site http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7388911&BAB=M  is advertising a new Ringo Starr CD 'PBS SOUNDSTAGE LIVE' for release on 10 April 2007 through Koch in US.
This site http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/ringo/setlist.htm may indicate the content.

Bobber

Re: New Ringo Starr Album
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »

Ringo Starr will release a new live album on May 8th. The still-untitled set, which features Starr backed by his former studio band the Roundheads, will be the soundtrack to the 2005 Soundstage concert aired on PBS. The show, which was taped on June 24th, 2005 in the Chicago suburb of Waukegan, Illinois, features such Beatles classics as "With A Little Help From My Friends," "Act Naturally," "Octopus' Garden," "I Wanna Be Your Man," "Don't Pass Me By," and "Yellow Submarine."

Also featured on the set are solo favorites including "Photograph," "It Don't Come Easy," "Back Off Boogaloo," "I'm The Greatest," and more recent material such as "Choose Love," "Give Me Back The Beat," and "Memphis In Your Mind." The album also features a cameo by Men At Work frontman and All Starr Band alumnus Colin Hay, who performs "Who Can It Be Now."

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 05:21:35 PM »

Colin Hay??? ;D I remember him !!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 03:10:26 AM »

Ringo Starr will release a new live album on May 8th. The still-untitled set, which features Starr backed by his former studio band the Roundheads, will be the soundtrack to the 2005 Soundstage concert aired on PBS. The show, which was taped on June 24th, 2005 in the Chicago suburb of Waukegan, Illinois, features such Beatles classics as "With A Little Help From My Friends," "Act Naturally," "Octopus' Garden," "I Wanna Be Your Man," "Don't Pass Me By," and "Yellow Submarine."

Also featured on the set are solo favorites including "Photograph," "It Don't Come Easy," "Back Off Boogaloo," "I'm The Greatest," and more recent material such as "Choose Love," "Give Me Back The Beat," and "Memphis In Your Mind." The album also features a cameo by Men At Work frontman and All Starr Band alumnus Colin Hay, who performs "Who Can It Be Now."

In other Beatles-related news:

The Beatles' fan website Abbey Road Best (abbeyrd.best.vwh.net) reported that Paul McCartney and band might be heading back on the road this year. According to a source nothing has been set yet, but McCartney is eying hitting Europe over the summer before heading to the U.S. in the fall.

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 04:27:29 AM »

8   to Both articles! 8)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »

Quote from: 63
The album also features a cameo by Men At Work frontman and All Starr Band alumnus Colin Hay, who performs "Who Can It Be Now."

Shame they have to include this. How many All Starr band live cd's are there?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 11:23:02 PM »

Quote from: 483

Shame they have to include this. How many All Starr band live cd's are there?

I agree. Screw the standards and give us a legimate solo effort again Ringo.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 47 queries.