Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Real or Not? Paul Supposedly Singing on A Take of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)  (Read 1167 times)

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!

There's been some dispute over this recording, and I am more inclined to think it's real more than I am that it is fake. This exerpt doesn't really disprove it or prove it:

Quote from:  An excerpt from Mark Lewisohn's "The Beatles Recordings"

"Saturday 22 February"
"Trident Studios..." "...:time unknown. Recording: 'I Want You..." "...(takes 1-35), P: Glyn Johns. E: Barry Sheffield..."

"There was, at best, a fine dividing line between the end of Get Back and the beginning of sessions for what was to become Abbey Road. Although work on the latter did not begin in earnest until July, a number of that album's songs were well under way by that time."

"One was 'I Want You', a fine John Lennon song begun now with 35 takes of the basic track and John's guide vocal (one experimental take was sung by Paul McCartney), almost completed in April and finally finished in August..."

The Beatles - I want You/She's so Heavy - Paul on vocals

What do you think?

The name's Emily :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

adaml223

• One And One Is Two

Hm, sounds like Paul to me.  Kind of hard for me to hear at the moment though.  I'm on my laptop and my headphones are not in reach.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages

Listened to 1st two minutes - sounds like Paul to me!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 42 queries.