Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AHDN DVD  (Read 4233 times)

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
AHDN DVD
« on: July 20, 2004, 02:09:55 PM »

I bought Hard days Night on DVD! I couldn't watch it yet, but I'm sure it'll be better than the tape that I had for 10 years.

My next 'investment' will be 'Help', is it released on DVD?

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
Re: AHDN DVD
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 02:30:35 PM »

It is...but I'm not sure if you'll find one. It's mostly out of print...even I couldn't find one in stores (not even in the library)! You could probably buy one...

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 08:52:56 PM »

I read somewhere that HELP is getting readied for a new DVD release.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 08:58:01 PM »

Maybe next year: it's been 40 years ago that 'Help!' was released. I doubt it will happen, but don't give up because maybe it's true.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 11:10:09 PM »

That would be cool if Help! was rereleased......I'd probably buy it.........MMT is too short, so maybe if it had bonus stuff.......obviously, you can own the official DVDs for both that were released some time ago, but they each go for around $40 on eBay......and $20-25 for some nonofficial, but factory pressed ones. If Let It Be is released on DVD, I probably won't be purchasing it though. It was boring and depressing at the same time.....not really worth it, especially with the best performances being on Anthology.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 04:32:18 AM »

I've heard rumors of a christmas release for LIB and Help! in DVD.   I dunno about MMT though, and i want to get them so if anybody knows more please enlighten me.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 08:12:57 AM »

I haven't heard anything about this yet........and you would think they'd have a release date by now if they planned to get them out before Christmas........I'm really against them releasing Let It Be.......George in particular wasn't too fond of it, and Lennon called the sessions "sh*t"...

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 08:59:45 PM »

If Let It Be is released on DVD, I probably won't be purchasing it though. It was boring and depressing at the same time.....not really worth it, especially with the best performances being on Anthology.

Rowdy, are you sure YOU wrote this? :) From what I've known of you in the brief time I've been here, this is blasphemy! You can't call yourself a Beatles Fan if you don't want to own LET IT BE...

I'm really against them releasing Let It Be.......George in particular wasn't too fond of it, and Lennon called the sessions "mess"...

"against it"???

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 04:40:17 AM »

Eh, it's blasphemy to not want to own all the albums, but the movies are a different world really, for me.......yeah, it would be cool to own, maybe to get as a gift, but I wouldn't pay $25 for something I'd suffer through once, maybe.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 08:53:34 PM »

i want to see it just because I've never had the opportunity to. 

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2004, 01:25:32 AM »

I love Let it Be! It's not as depressing as people make it out to be. They did do a whole other album after it and they still seemed to get along pretty well. I love when Paul and John reminisce about their days in India and when they start doing some of their early stuff like Bessame Mucho and One After 909. Oh and the rooftop concerts not bad either!! It's so worth it to get this one. BTW, MMT is a waste. So boring!! The only good thing is I am the Walrus and Your Mother Should Know. Well, to me anyway.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2004, 03:06:02 AM »

I don't care if the film is sad and shows the band falling apart. I still want the dvd to be released, it's part of the Beatles history and it should be an interesting addition to any beatles fan collection.