Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: If the Beatles could be cloned  (Read 1636 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
If the Beatles could be cloned
« on: November 04, 2022, 05:10:38 PM »

How many would there be?  Would the four of them be enough?  Or would we have had a world overflowing with Beatles??   ???   ;yes
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: If the Beatles could be cloned
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 10:42:47 PM »

Apparently some Canadian guy has one of John’s teeth. He was talking of cloning him from it. Of course the John we know and love wasn’t just a product of his dna.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 06:23:32 PM »

How many would there be?  Would the four of them be enough?  Or would we have had a world overflowing with Beatles??   ???   ;yes

May I take your speculation a bit further, Loco Mo? What if a person could think a Beatle clone into existence? Can you imagine what 1964 would have been like, with all those screaming fans very likely taking advantage of that? We likely would have had millions of Beatles. I wonder which individual (i.e., John, Paul, George, or Ringo) would proliferate? It seems like a rather Twilight Zone–ish scenario.

Apparently some Canadian guy has one of John’s teeth. He was talking of cloning him from it. Of course the John we know and love wasn’t just a product of his dna.

I've read that as well. I hope he never pursues that. Cloning and AI both make be a bit nervous.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 01:30:29 AM »

Yes, Normandie, I agree.  That'd make a great Twilight Zone episode.  I wonder if Rod Serling ever had any interesting thoughts re: the Beatles.  I wish I could write a fictional piece re: the resurrection of the group in some strange world or universe.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 02:25:28 AM »

Loco, Rod Serling reunited The Beatles during a two-day rock concert at Fantasy Park which aired on WSAI-FM in 1975...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XzK01Hnyto" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XzK01Hnyto</a>

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead...your next stop, Fantasy Park.

I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 01:26:24 AM »

That's cool, Barry; I'd never heard of that before. 

Loco Mo, a handful of Twilight Zones did touch on topics close to cloning: doppelgängers ("Mirror Image"), robotics ("I Sing the Body Electric"), and AI ("From Agnes With Love"—one of my older daughter's favorites). Not sure if you've seen any of those.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 02:54:13 AM »

^^^^

Closer to what you posted, Loco Mo, is "The Rip Van Winkle Caper," in which three bank robbers sleep in suspended-animation chambers for 100 years to escape prosecution.

Page created in 0.768 seconds with 50 queries.